Amazon has them. Not.
    Attached Thumbnails Official nuthin' to do with Playbook hijack thread-img_00000268.jpg  
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-26-13 10:06 PM
    Couldn't this mystery maybe have something to do with the fact
    that they're currently sold out?
    dphjeff and sad_old_man like this.
    07-27-13 03:36 AM
    Couldn't this mystery maybe have something to do with the fact
    that they're currently sold out?
    If only Rim/bbry made items that sold that fast!
    07-27-13 08:33 AM
    Be careful what you wish for: that would only mean you'd feel the need to buy more products from them...
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-27-13 09:01 AM
    Be careful what you wish for: that would only mean you'd feel the need to buy more products from them...
    google knows everything about everything about us, its their nob to know so theybknow exactly what we want. this is blackberries biggest defecit they have a vauge idea what we want as consumers and they try but fall short
    07-27-13 09:36 AM
    Blackberry doesn't strike me as a company that doesn't know what the customer wants,
    more as a company that doesn't want to know what the customer wants...
    FF22, dphjeff, sad_old_man and 1 others like this.
    07-27-13 09:46 AM
    Huh? They only make phones (ignoring some of the small accessories)! One type of product. I only need one of that one type of product. And if they produce another product, it is not compatible with the apps I might have already purchased obsoleting not only the device but also the apps. Apple seems to succeed in that area - generally you can take your apps to the new device. Similarly MS allows that with most windows apps you already have.

Rim - screwed!
    sad_old_man and Carl Estes like this.
    07-27-13 10:37 AM
    They did!! Many places when they launch Z10 &Q10 remember? Fastest selling phone claim by some UK seller.

Posted via CB10
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-27-13 10:41 AM
    They did!! Many places when they launch Z10 &Q10 remember? Fastest selling phone claim by some UK seller.

Posted via CB10
    I'm speechless
    FF22 and sad_old_man like this.
    07-27-13 11:16 AM

Posted via CB10
    The market was fast but apparently shallow.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-27-13 01:21 PM
    Thing with selling out fast, though, is that it all depends on the number of units actually shipped to the resellers...
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-27-13 03:11 PM

Posted via CB10
    And also the fastest return rate as well!

Well we all know how stupid the brits are eh?
    Hirazi Blue and dphjeff like this.
    07-27-13 03:24 PM
    Thing with selling out fast, though, is that it all depends on the number of units actually shipped to the resellers...
    "Oh, sheesh, we sold our ONLY ONE unit. We are out of stock."
    07-27-13 03:28 PM
    "Oh, sheesh, we sold our ONLY ONE unit. We are out of stock."
    Oh look no we've got some that have been returned!
    FF22, Hirazi Blue and dphjeff like this.
    07-27-13 03:31 PM
    Oh look no we've got some that have been returned!
    "Haven't you heard of bring your own device (byod). We practice that at our retail shop - it you want a BB, you have to bring it here."
    07-27-13 03:40 PM
    As far as my connections at O2 and Vodafone tell me, three weeks after the launch of the Z10 their return rates were between 38 - 52%. They estimated that approx 7% were faulty handsets.
    dphjeff likes this.
    07-27-13 03:45 PM
    And also the fastest return rate as well!

Well we all know how stupid the brits are eh?
    In this specific case, them returning them so fast, contradicts the statement that they're stupid IMHO
    sad_old_man and dphjeff like this.
    07-27-13 03:48 PM
    In this specific case, them returning them so fast, contradicts the statement that they're stupid IMHO
    Shhhhh, I know that but I'm over here now so I have to humor them don't I?
    07-27-13 03:51 PM
    Shhhhh, I know that but I'm over here now so I have to humor them don't I?
    You are now in the land of the free and the home of the brave. You don't have to do any such thing. Be FREE. Be BRAVE.
    dphjeff and Carl Estes like this.
    07-27-13 05:19 PM
    You bet. There are some youtube vids demonstrating its use.

Carl has been mia since bbming me a photo of the purchase so I expect he's mucking with it and I await his review even though it will make me jealous
    All right, a mini hijack........

Cynycle is gonna be hanging out at the mailbox in the next few days.....just plugged mine into my tv and it all installed in a snap. App on pc great video transmision. Gonna have to see how to fool. It into my amazon prime. Don't have netflix. Had a couple fingers to night and time to put away techy bits so no damage. Enjoy Baby....
    C
    sad_old_man, dphjeff and Cynycl like this.
    07-27-13 11:06 PM
    Can't wait. Hope the border monkeys don't want to take it home and test it for a couple of days.

Been playing with the chrome browser and I can get most of my media to play in a tab but it doesn't seem to like .avi files. mkv and mp4 play fine. I have VLC player but that is not working to open the avi files in the browser extension. Guess I have time to sort this out before the post man comes calling.

Thanks again Carl, much appreciated
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-28-13 08:00 AM
    Can't wait. Hope the border monkeys don't want to take it home and test it for a couple of days.

Been playing with the chrome browser and I can get most of my media to play in a tab but it doesn't seem to like .avi files. mkv and mp4 play fine. I have VLC player but that is not working to open the avi files in the browser extension. Guess I have time to sort this out before the post man comes calling.

Still think you should have bought a playbook instead....... Oh I just remembered..... Forget it said that.
    07-28-13 02:57 PM

Customs Declaration for a Playbook: -$400.00 - reverse duty and they pay you on importation.
    07-28-13 04:06 PM

Ah, the beginning of another week of "toiledge" (not toilet!). Well Cynycl, played with the Chromecast yesterday, Set up was easy, and viewing You Tube through it was painless and crystal clear. I don't have a netflix account, I use Amazon Prime, That I may have to try for 30 days free, but first I am going to try to get my Amazon stuff to pipe through. It was close, got audio for about 4/5 seconds, then got a warning about bing or another "plug-in" that my be happering it. Work on that this day.
    As to the Google Cloud, I don't have an account setup with them, "might" try that and throw up a couple of vids/music files to "the cloud" and see how that works. I do have some issues (no laughter here) with keeping MY files on "The Cloud", might have to get a little therapy to overcome my fear.....

Gotta play more......but seems to work like a litte gem. 35.00 bucks? can beat it. And they can do firmware upgrades after the fact. (oh yeah, I heard that somewhere before.......

OK, to you Cynycl, Pay me when you receive unit, BUT I don't want to come home and see a parcel weighing about 24 pounds of "Canadian Canuk Cuarters", they look like ours, feel like ours, but they don't work like ours... Drives me NUTS when you go to the bank, get a roll of quarters (U.S.) and fine 2 of them little "C.C.C.s" in there. I asked the bank what can one do, bring the roll back to "prove" or what. Response was "slip 'em to somebody else"......

The box was sealed when I put it into the shipper box, so as for the "border chimps", you'll have proof....

C
    07-29-13 08:51 AM
    Ah, the beginning of another week of "toiledge" (not toilet!). Well Cynycl, played with the Chromecast yesterday, Set up was easy, and viewing You Tube through it was painless and crystal clear. I don't have a netflix account, I use Amazon Prime, That I may have to try for 30 days free, but first I am going to try to get my Amazon stuff to pipe through. It was close, got audio for about 4/5 seconds, then got a warning about bing or another "plug-in" that my be happering it. Work on that this day.
    As to the Google Cloud, I don't have an account setup with them, "might" try that and throw up a couple of vids/music files to "the cloud" and see how that works. I do have some issues (no laughter here) with keeping MY files on "The Cloud", might have to get a little therapy to overcome my fear.....

Gotta play more......but seems to work like a litte gem. 35.00 bucks? can beat it. And they can do firmware upgrades after the fact. (oh yeah, I heard that somewhere before.......

OK, to you Cynycl, Pay me when you receive unit, BUT I don't want to come home and see a parcel weighing about 24 pounds of "Canadian Canuk Cuarters", they look like ours, feel like ours, but they don't work like ours... Drives me NUTS when you go to the bank, get a roll of quarters (U.S.) and fine 2 of them little "C.C.C.s" in there. I asked the bank what can one do, bring the roll back to "prove" or what. Response was "slip 'em to somebody else"......

The box was sealed when I put it into the shipper box, so as for the "border chimps", you'll have proof....

C
    We pay in Tim bits. Not quite bitcoin. At least it's edible.
    07-29-13 09:32 AM
8,949 ... 4647484950 ...