Now I know this is going to be difficult but any chance of you lot being helpful? Why did I ask that? I didn't get any help with the food but here goes. While I'm in this heathen country starving and trying to understand the garbage speak, what's the best car to hire and who from?

Asking you lot I'll probably end up starving to death in a rusty fiat somewhere.
    Here's your ride
    Official nuthin' to do with Playbook hijack thread-untitled.png
    sad_old_man and FF22 like this.
    07-04-13 08:17 AM
    Now I know this is going to be difficult but any chance of you lot being helpful? Why did I ask that? I didn't get any help with the food but here goes. While I'm in this heathen country starving and trying to understand the garbage speak, what's the best car to hire and who from?

Asking you lot I'll probably end up starving to death in a rusty fiat somewhere.
    Haha. A Fiat, rusty or otherwise, will be hard to find. I don't think they have imported them for 15-20 years. They just started again this year with a microcar. It is really small. Starving to death, now that is a distinct possibility. Does your employer have any agreements with anyone, Hertz, Dollar, National, Avis? If not Enterprise is good. Chevy Cruze, Ford Fusion, Chrysler 200 would be "mid size" for domestic brands. There are larger if you want Ford Taurus, Buick Regal/LaCrosse or something like that.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-04-13 08:19 AM
    Here's your ride
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled.png 
Views:	34 
Size:	82.3 KB 
ID:	178868
    As I expected. I'll probably just starve to death in the airport.
    07-04-13 08:23 AM
    this is not a playbook hijack thread this is not a thread at all. this is mindless jibber jabber !
    What tipped you off?
    sad_old_man and FF22 like this.
    07-04-13 08:23 AM
    What tipped you off?
    well to be honest, the fact that the old man is here
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-04-13 08:26 AM
    No with that ride you get three hots and a cot
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-04-13 08:30 AM
    At least get some new clothes. Loose the stick and silly grin. What do modern leprechaun fashions look like?
    Last edited by Gooseberry Falls; 07-04-13 at 08:48 AM.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-04-13 08:32 AM
    Haha. A Fiat, rusty or otherwise, will be hard to find. I don't think they have imported them for 15-20 years. They just started again this year with a microcar. It is really small. Starving to death, now that is a distinct possibility. Does your employer have any agreements with anyone, Hertz, Dollar, National, Avis? If not Enterprise is good. Chevy Cruze, Ford Fusion, Chrysler 200 would be "mid size" for domestic brands. There are larger if you want Ford Taurus, Buick Regal/LaCrosse or something like that.
    I don't know what or who your stupid defense department has contracts with now do I? I do like watching NCIS though so what's that thing that Jethro drives. I love that car! Would that be a mid sized car? Do they do X5s like my wife has? Oh and don't worry about the food thing I've just watched the clampets and would love to try them grits and hog jowl. I'm also taking some wotsits like him on that program 'an ***** abroad' always takes with him.
    07-04-13 08:32 AM
    I don't know what or who your stupid defense department has contracts with now do I? I do like watching NCIS though so what's that thing that Jethro drives. I love that car! Would that be a mid sized car? Do they do X5s like my wife has? Oh and don't worry about the food thing I've just watched the clampets and would love to try them grits and hog jowl. I'm also taking some wotsits like him on that program 'an ***** abroad' always takes with him.
    My guess is Hertz. That's the most expensive. No saving money for them. Jethro drives an older Dodge Challenger with hemi-V8. That's not an "old man" car, tho...go with the Buick.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-04-13 08:44 AM
    My guess is Hertz. That's the most expensive. No saving money for them. Jethro drives an older Dodge Challenger with hemi-V8. That's not an "old man" car, tho...go with the Buick.
    Yes but I have the mind of an 11 year old!

ps Wots a Buick?
    07-04-13 08:47 AM
    Yes but I have the mind of an 11 year old!

ps Wots a Buick?
    a buick is a car.for the 60 plus crowd
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-04-13 08:56 AM
    Thanks for that you damn gooseberry!!!!!!!!!!
    07-04-13 09:00 AM
    OK, that is just plain scary. I'm writing my congressman...
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-04-13 09:07 AM
    You should watch the show...... Locked up Abroad
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-04-13 09:10 AM
    This is America. You can get anything...for the right price...
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-04-13 09:14 AM
    OK, that is just plain scary. I'm writing my congressman...
    They already know!
    07-04-13 09:18 AM
    All of this got me thinking (never a good sign, I admit), but if sad_old_man moves to the US for an extended period of time, wouldn't we (here in Europe) need "one of yours" back, so the earth won't tilt over?
    Are we talking physical balance or mental balance. I'm not sure we can ship enough over for the mental side of things!
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-04-13 09:24 AM

A rickshaw to go along with your latest high tech device - your Z10! Besides it comes closest to your wheelbarrow for moving your z10 and dumb large screen tablet.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-04-13 09:26 AM
    A rickshaw to go along with your latest high tech device - your Z10! Besides it comes closest to your wheelbarrow for moving your z10 and dumb large screen tablet.
    Don't think my Z10 will work in the states, too sophisticated for a third world country and it's also crap. I'm bringing my Nokia 5110 with me so I know I'm safe. Do I need to buy a gun?
    07-04-13 09:31 AM
    Don't think my Z10 will work in the states, too sophisticated for a third world country and it's also crap. I'm bringing my Nokia 5110 with me so I know I'm safe. Do I need to buy a gun?
    Florida no. They provide them on landing. When you leave, you do have to pay for any ammunition you used unless the "stand your ground" defense was accepted at your murder trial.
    Cynycl likes this.
    07-04-13 09:56 AM
    Florida no. They provide them on landing. When you leave, you do have to pay for any ammunition you used unless the "stand your ground" defense was accepted at your murder trial.
    What about the ..... he had it coming defense?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-04-13 01:08 PM
    Aren't those two defenses basically exactly the same?
    Cynycl and sad_old_man like this.
    07-04-13 01:11 PM
    Aren't those two defenses basically exactly the same?
    Well you could always shoot someone who had it coming from a distance and not necessarily standing your ground per se.
    Hirazi Blue, FF22 and sad_old_man like this.
    07-04-13 01:23 PM
    Ah, the finer points of that legal system!
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-04-13 01:25 PM
    I would hope so - that I'd inherit from my UNCLE!
    Hope you have a rich uncle. This poor but sometimes happy old man was hoping for the moolah to flow in the other direction.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    FF22 and sad_old_man like this.
    07-04-13 01:40 PM
8,949 ... 3132333435 ...