That's why they stock less apps than Blackberry jokeworld. Never have to worry about it
    Better worry about Microsoft. Their aim is to develop an OS which will function on all sizes of devices from phones to computers and even further. This hits hard at BlackBerry use in enterprise areas There are apps for Windows 8 and more will come. And as far as not having folders is concerned the ability to sort apps out into categories is like having a bunch of open folders. How much of a trick will it be to close those open folders? Probably a whole lot less than to provide an upgraded Android runtime on the BlackBerry PlayBook.
    04-09-14 11:56 AM
    Will keep eyes open for other BB PBs at our show this weekend. I believe it was a couple yrs back that I saw at least one being used to shoot video of the layout/exhibits !
    Official nuthin' to do with Playbook hijack thread-supertrain-truck_djc4433.jpg
    Cynycl and castoridae like this.
    04-09-14 12:01 PM
    Will keep eyes open for other BB PBs at our show this weekend. I believe it was a couple yrs back that I saw at least one being used to shoot video of the layout/exhibits !
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Supertrain on THE  Truck_djc4433.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	196.8 KB 
ID:	261806
    Pssssssssstttttt yer drivin on wrong side of the road see eh? Nise truck by the ways eh? Maybe sum fluffy dise on the inside backward lookin mirror?
    Cynycl, Carl Estes and SEAWARRIOR like this.
    04-09-14 12:35 PM
    Ooohhhh I like that video game!! Pong?!!
    Cynycl, Carl Estes and sad_old_man like this.
    04-09-14 12:52 PM
    Nah! I is nowin your jokin see cause they is avin no stabilitisers on an no blocks on the peggals so your likkle legsies can reech see eh? I nows a thing or too I does see eh?
    I usually rides behinds

Official nuthin' to do with Playbook hijack thread-images.jpg

Or on the lappies

Official nuthin' to do with Playbook hijack thread-images-2-.jpg

Sometime in cargo

Official nuthin' to do with Playbook hijack thread-images-1-.jpg

Sometimes where evers iz can fits

Official nuthin' to do with Playbook hijack thread-images-3-.jpg
    04-09-14 01:11 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Supertrain on THE  Truck_djc4433.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	196.8 KB 
ID:	261806
    There's a playbook show? Or is it a beat up old pick up show? Does you have to bring a rusty table top with ya to get in?

Sounds like fun.
    Carl Estes and SEAWARRIOR like this.
    04-09-14 01:17 PM
    There's a playbook show? Or is it a beat up old pick up show? Does you have to bring a rusty table top with ya to get in?

Sounds like fun.
    All three buddy. Hez up ther in the lands of bears and bakun........

c
    Cynycl, sad_old_man and SEAWARRIOR like this.
    04-09-14 01:23 PM
    Better worry about Microsoft. Their aim is to develop an OS which will function on all sizes of devices from phones to computers and even further. This hits hard at BlackBerry use in enterprise areas There are apps for Windows 8 and more will come. And as far as not having folders is concerned the ability to sort apps out into categories is like having a bunch of open folders. How much of a trick will it be to close those open folders? Probably a whole lot less than to provide an upgraded Android runtime on the BlackBerry PlayBook.
    Updating the runtime on playbook isn't hard.................it's physically IMPOSSIBLE.

If one where to attempt such a devious feat, time would stand still, the universe would collapse in on itself, pigs would fly and someone would discover the secret to how they get the caramel into the chocolate bar.

You might also be able to get email without having to re-enter your password every other ******* day.

It can't be done, there isn't enough RAM in the world, the batteries would have to output a gazillion megajoules to power the flux capacitor, and you would need to harness cold fusion to make sure it properly displayed in portrait mode.

No wonder Rimberry gave up.
    04-09-14 01:26 PM
    All three buddy. Hez up ther in the lands of bears and bakun........

c
    Further north than the northern usofa
    Did any of ya type it in, or do ya need a direct link to save your fingertips ?
    Cynycl and Carl Estes like this.
    04-09-14 01:59 PM
    Further north than the northern usofa
    Did any of ya type it in, or do ya need a direct link to save your fingertips ?
    Which way is norf den eh? Is it looking in the right direktsion?
    Carl Estes, Cynycl and SEAWARRIOR like this.
    04-09-14 02:37 PM
    Which way is norf den eh? Is it looking in the right direktsion?
    Always....

c
    04-09-14 03:01 PM

Sounds like fun.
    Nope to all three, so you won't have much fun ! And not a table top !
    Cynycl likes this.
    04-09-14 03:08 PM
    Pssssssssstttttt yer drivin on wrong side of the road see eh? Nise truck by the ways eh? .....
    Actually parked on the side of a residential street

It might seem the wrong side if you've been selfish and consumed the whole 40 by yourself vs offering . . .

and yes for a '82, it is a very nice truck )~
    Last edited by Cracklen; 04-09-14 at 04:27 PM.
    04-09-14 03:13 PM
    Actually parked on the side of a residential street

It might seem the wrong side if you've been selfish and consumed the whole 40 by yourself vs offering . . .

and yes for '82, it is a very nice truck )~
    Your truck is 82 years old? What'r U running in her, prune juice or Ensure?
    04-09-14 03:21 PM
    Your truck is 82 years old? What'r U running in her, prune juice or Ensure?
    And Depends for the "oil leaks".......

c
    04-09-14 03:24 PM
    Now you motley crew listn ere, since the dawn of civilisation, it's all about I. I want, I need, i think therefore I am,..while you follow rimberry playbook to the grave, everything I still alive!! Imoron, *****, I can't believe it's not butter, I will survive, I will always love you, I think you get the point. Now surrender your devices and get some I before the world left u behind.
    You are one crazy cat! The only people I know that use iPads are those that got sucked in on the first one, so they tryin to get as much out of those bricks as possible.
    I bought a 8 gig iPod for $250 an a few months later they came out with the 16 gig - for more money, of course! An they do that all the time. They're the biggest rip off artists around .
    04-09-14 04:35 PM
    Shockingly enough most people want to be ripped off. Capitalism 101. Case in point: the Playbook.
    04-09-14 04:47 PM
    With the upgrades to windows 8.1 it will be considerably easier to use on tablet laptop computers. If you don't mind the small screen you can use an 8" tablet as a real windows computer. With free licensing of windows 8.1 for devices below 9" prices may drop further for these small computers. Info is available at the site below.

UMPCPortal - Expert advice on Windows Tablet PCs and ultra-mobile PCs

Of course the Beaver may not want to use Windows 8.1 tiles but one can set it up for desktop operation.

Actually, why couldn't I do what the IT guys at my office did?
    They took away our PCs, replaced them with laptops,.but hooked up our original screens and keyboards, so the laptops get ignored and we use our original keyboards, screens and mouse !?
    Carl Estes likes this.
    04-09-14 04:53 PM
    Why do people we ignore keep making dumb comments on our posts?? Do they not understand that to us they don't exist and we don't care what they say about anything ??
    Carl Estes likes this.
    04-09-14 04:59 PM
    Well that remark speaks for itself...
    04-09-14 05:14 PM
    The demise of Windows XP with no security updates for the general public emphasizes the usefulness of the much more secure BB Playbook platform for sensitive business. But if you use Win XP don't use windows Explorer browser at all and. avoid the internet even with other browsers which are getting security updates. Use the Win XP only on local network. See following site for some free advice.

Windowssecrets.com - Google Search
    House! I think you just saved me!
    I mainly transfer music from my ICU to iTunes, so that I can then transfer it to my PB or pod classic, or download and move photos around.
    I don't think I even need wifi on to do that, right?
    So it would only be for syncing my playbooks to each other. That would be the only need for internet use on the old PC.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    04-09-14 05:33 PM
    Actually, why couldn't I do what the IT guys at my office did?
    They took away our PCs, replaced them with laptops,.but hooked up our original screens and keyboards, so the laptops get ignored and we use our original keyboards, screens and mouse !?
    Interesting. Do you see anything on the laptop screen? Can you use the laptop also? Wouldn't it be nice if management could use the web cam and microphone on the laptop to observe the employees. After all it is their computer. Not saying that is what is happening.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    04-09-14 05:48 PM
    New April Holiday in Canada (Well Ontario anyways)

Attachment 261737
    Anything for a day off, please
    Carl Estes likes this.
    04-09-14 05:54 PM
    Since you all cant play nice there wont be any playing at all. Go insult each other on another forum if that is all you are going to do.
    Ecm and NursingNinja like this.
    04-09-14 05:58 PM
8,949 ... 356357358