Oh yeah? What about ME?
    Wallymart nonsense tablet?
    Cynycl, sad_old_man and Carl Estes like this.
    04-09-14 07:30 AM
    Now you motley crew listn ere, since the dawn of civilisation, it's all about I. I want, I need, i think therefore I am,..while you follow rimberry playbook to the grave, everything I still alive!! Imoron, *****, I can't believe it's not butter, I will survive, I will always love you, I think you get the point. Now surrender your devices and get some I before the world left u behind.
    I, I, I, is that all you think about is yourself. Damn cat changed from talking about the beavers computer problems to talking about its self.
    04-09-14 08:02 AM
    Wallymart nonsense tablet?
    Please sir.......may I have another?
    04-09-14 08:12 AM
    New April Holiday in Canada (Well Ontario anyways)

Official nuthin' to do with Playbook hijack thread-new-canadian-holiday.jpg
    Carl Estes and castoridae like this.
    04-09-14 08:13 AM
    Well, I will now complain and whine both bitterly and incessantly:
    Today is the last day, the hated microsoft will support windows XP and its pal MSWord.
    First, I always preferred lotus to excell, and word perfect was miles ahead of word, but both got pushed out by IE and so the crappy software won out. I adjusted.
    It seems to be my lot in life to find a useable product that gets pushed out by a lesser product, but in today's world, bullies win.
    The playbook is an example. Apple sucks, but has the largest following.
    I bought my new computer in 2003 or 2004 for about $300.00 on sale at Staples. My boyfriend at the time, an engineer, went with me to get it. A Compac something. He also gave me his old LEXMARK Printer.
    He transferred all my files and set up the software.
    I was happy.
    Then I got my playbook basically free - cashed in my lifetime airmiles points (3,000 points) for the 32 gig PB.
    When it arrived, I stopped using the PC and lay on the couch using the PB while watching TV.
    I now refer to the PC as the dinosaur.
    I was happier.
    I never sit upstairs at the PC anymore - I work from the couch on my PB, while watching TV.
    Now, I am forced to get another PC
    Clearly with no more support, I can no longer ignore the fact that I have to decide what PC to get now.
    I lHave learned some things:
    A) from using the extra laptop I took home from my office, when I work from home - I now know I dislike laptops.
    B) I have to buy a new PC with software and get all my crap collected since 2003 and before transferred onto the new PC.
    C) my office, being government, made the ******** decision to upgrade us from PCs to laptops, connected to upright screens and separate keyboards with windows 7 !!
    D) I hate this upgrade and find my dinosaur much easier to use.
    E) I want to buy another PC on sale that will do what my old one was doing, and very little else, since it only functions as a hub for sideloading, transferring music and pics.
    F) I no longer have access to a friend who can help me
    G) Based on my ex-boyfriend's opinion, which I respect, I do not trust the kids at Staples, Bestbuy, etc to advise me, cause they're too young to understand what I need, which is probably more than I have, but much less than what they would consider useful
    So.. Has anyone here got any ideas?
    Not sure why you are against laptops. I am just the opposite. I don't own desktops because I like the portability. Desktops are only good if you are a techie that like to update hardware to the newest and greatest. I usually only do the occasional RAM or HDD/SSD upgrade, which is pretty easy on a laptop.

So you should decide, desktop or laptop or even tablet. If it is a desktop, you will only need the CPU and not the peripherals (monitor, printer). If it is a laptop, you can connect to your peripherals with a docking station. If it is tablet, make sure it is a Win 8 Pro and not RT. A tablet may have limited storage space for your needs, tho. Then select your OS, Win 7 or 8. This might help you decide:
    The Windows XP upgrade question: Windows 7 or Windows 8? | PCWorld
    Win 7 is the most like XP. Win 8 needs some learning but I find it is not too bad. I have a Win 8.1 laptop with a touchscreen. I still like using the mouse, though. Yes, there is a new update to 8.1 that boots into the classic desktop rather than the modern interface tiles. Like everything, people have developed workarounds to get what they like. Not much difference in support life, 2020 for 7 and 2023 for 8. So nothing compelling there to get on the 8 bandwagon.

You should be able to get something with mid range specs for $4-500 (desktops will be cheaper). You can use the Easy Transfer tool to transfer over your data files:
    How to Transfer Files from PC to PC

All the big box stores have this service available as well. So it might be worth it to go to BestBuy or Staples. LOL.
    Last edited by Gooseberry Falls; 04-09-14 at 09:17 AM.
    04-09-14 08:29 AM
    Not sure why you are against laptops. I am just the opposite. I don't own desktops because I like the portability. Desktops are only good if you are a techie that like to update hardware to the newest and greatest. I usually only do the occasional HDD/SSD upgrade, which is pretty easy on a laptop.

So you should decide, desktop or laptop or even tablet. If it is a desktop, you will only need the CPU and not the peripherals (monitor, printer). If it is a laptop, you can connect to your peripherals with a docking station. If it is tablet, make sure it is a Win 8 Pro and not RT. A tablet may have limited storage space for your needs, tho. Then select your OS, Win 7 or 8. This might help you decide:
    The Windows XP upgrade question: Windows 7 or Windows 8? | PCWorld
    Win 7 is the most like XP. Win 8 needs some learning but I find it is not too bad. I have a Win 8.1 laptop with a touchscreen. I still like using the mouse, though. Yes, there is a new pay update to 8.1 that boots into the classic desktop rather than the modern interface tiles. Like everything, people have developed workarounds to get what they like. Not much difference in support life, 2020 for 7 and 2023 for 8. So nothing compelling there to get on the 8 bandwagon.

You should be able to get something with mid range specs for $4-500 (desktops will be cheaper). You can use the Easy Transfer tool to transfer over your data files:
    How to Transfer Files from PC to PC

All the big box stores have this service available as well. So it might be worth it to go to BestBuy or Staples. LOL.
    I think Win 7 is junk. I got so pissed with it I removed it from a pc and put XP on it. I got a Win 8 laptop (non touch screen) about a year ago and I don't mind it at all, other than the lack of apps (sound familiar). So in essence it is just like a playbook, an app based device UI with no apps. You should feel right at home.

Not sure what the Win 8.1 update will provide that released today, but I will find out. Absolutely no way I would purchase Win 7 device.

I only use the laptop now for banking and whatnot as I don't like the idea of doing that from a tablet. Other than bills and purchases, everything is done with the Wallymurt Andy Tab. For $129.00 you can't go wrong.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    04-09-14 08:37 AM
    Oh! Oh! Is we on windows 7 out alreddy see eh? I is always missin theese fings I is? I is still on 3.1 runnin on a 386 see eh?...........................note to myselves see, upgrade to a 486 ASAP!
    04-09-14 08:48 AM
    Oh! Oh! Is we on windows 7 out alreddy see eh? I is always missin theese fings I is? I is still on 3.1 runnin on a 386 see eh?...........................note to myselves see, upgrade to a 486 ASAP!
    Official nuthin' to do with Playbook hijack thread-images-1-.jpg
    04-09-14 08:50 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	images (1).jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	3.1 KB 
ID:	261742
    Yep! Yep! Dats de one see eh! Luverly into shee eh?
    04-09-14 08:54 AM

Name:	images (1).jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	3.1 KB 
ID:	261742
    And here is your portuble Flash Drive:

Official nuthin' to do with Playbook hijack thread-floppy.jpg

c
    04-09-14 09:16 AM
    And here is your portuble Flash Drive:

Name:	floppy.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	37.9 KB 
ID:	261746

c
    Don't konfuze the ole man with dat new fangled stuffs.

Official nuthin' to do with Playbook hijack thread-download.jpg

Official nuthin' to do with Playbook hijack thread-images.jpg
    04-09-14 09:23 AM
    Youze still putting dem 5 1/4" floppies in yur DVD ROM?
    Cynycl and sad_old_man like this.
    04-09-14 09:24 AM
    Hey guys now that windows xp is dead should I abandon windows 3.1?

Because I still have a text editor and can do basic tasks.......oh golly I sound like a playbook owner......

I sound silly

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    04-09-14 09:25 AM
    Hey, SOM, got a reelie gud dealz for youse, just you. It's the latest flagship (boat/shipy thingy) from Rim, er Blackberry.
    Interesteed??????

Official nuthin' to do with Playbook hijack thread-trs80-100.jpg
    This wills help you lightenz your loads you carriez.......NO more Playbooks for youz....
    c
    04-09-14 09:32 AM
    Youze still putting dem 5 1/4" floppies in yur DVD ROM?
    What happened to 8 1/2" floppys eh, oh don't tell me I missed that one as well see eh?...................shud never ave stopped using card punch?

Posted via CB10
    04-09-14 10:08 AM
    I is avin a loverly day I is see? I is been out in the garden all days cuttin the gras and makin myselves a glof course see eh?8
    Official nuthin' to do with Playbook hijack thread-images-3-.jpg

Posted via CB10
    04-09-14 10:13 AM
    I think Win 7 is junk. I got so pissed with it I removed it from a pc and put XP on it. I got a Win 8 laptop (non touch screen) about a year ago and I don't mind it at all, other than the lack of apps (sound familiar). So in essence it is just like a playbook, an app based device UI with no apps. You should feel right at home.

Not sure what the Win 8.1 update will provide that released today, but I will find out. Absolutely no way I would purchase Win 7 device.

I only use the laptop now for banking and whatnot as I don't like the idea of doing that from a tablet. Other than bills and purchases, everything is done with the Wallymurt Andy Tab. For $129.00 you can't go wrong.
    Exploring Windows 8.1 Update �€“ Start Screen, Desktop and Other Enhancements - Ask Premier Field Engineering (PFE) Platforms - Site Home - TechNet Blogs

Still doesn't look like they have any folder organization of the apps screen(s) outside of the categories. They can just go on forever. Even android limits them to 5...
    Cynycl, Carl Estes and sad_old_man like this.
    04-09-14 10:20 AM
    Exploring Windows 8.1 Update �€“ Start Screen, Desktop and Other Enhancements - Ask Premier Field Engineering (PFE) Platforms - Site Home - TechNet Blogs

Still doesn't look like they have any organization of the apps screen(s). They can just go on forever. Even android limits them to 5...
    That's why they stock less apps than Blackberry jokeworld. Never have to worry about it
    04-09-14 10:23 AM
    I is avin a loverly day I is see? I is been out in the garden all days cuttin the gras and makin myselves a glof course see eh?8

Name:	images(3).jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	2.8 KB 
ID:	261774

Posted via CB10
    I thinks the Scots glof on ice is called curling?
    04-09-14 10:27 AM
    Ok with the sun finally popping out and biking season upon us. The nuthin to do with playbook committee bring you this public service announcement.

Official nuthin' to do with Playbook hijack thread-images.jpg

Ride safe our two wheel bruthas
    04-09-14 10:41 AM
    Ok with the sun finally popping out and biking season upon us. The nuthin to do with playbook committee bring you this public service announcement.

Name:	images.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	5.2 KB 
ID:	261784

Ride safe our two wheel bruthas
    No stoppin you now eh kid?
    Rides safe see eh?
    Attached Thumbnails Official nuthin' to do with Playbook hijack thread-images-4-.jpg  
    04-09-14 11:11 AM
    No stoppin you now eh kid?
    Rides safe see eh?
    I'ze upgraded to this...........meet Bessy

Official nuthin' to do with Playbook hijack thread-bike.jpg
    04-09-14 11:23 AM
    I'ze upgraded to this...........meet Bessy

Name:	Bike.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	419.7 KB 
ID:	261793
    Nah! I is nowin your jokin see cause they is avin no stabilitisers on an no blocks on the peggals so your likkle legsies can reech see eh? I nows a thing or too I does see eh?
    04-09-14 11:40 AM
    I thinks the Scots glof on ice is called curling?
    Thought it was called hockey.
    04-09-14 11:42 AM
    Thought it was called hockey.
    That kandianden silly?
    04-09-14 11:48 AM
8,949 ... 355356357358