So the palm trees not suffering enough. Now the grass and fishes in the pond have to suffer from your glof?

Posted via CB10
    04-08-14 03:10 PM
    Well, I will now complain and whine both bitterly and incessantly:
    Today is the last day, the hated microsoft will support windows XP and its pal MSWord.
    First, I always preferred lotus to excell, and word perfect was miles ahead of word, but both got pushed out by IE and so the crappy software won out. I adjusted.
    It seems to be my lot in life to find a useable product that gets pushed out by a lesser product, but in today's world, bullies win.
    The playbook is an example. Apple sucks, but has the largest following.
    I bought my new computer in 2003 or 2004 for about $300.00 on sale at Staples. My boyfriend at the time, an engineer, went with me to get it. A Compac something. He also gave me his old LEXMARK Printer.
    He transferred all my files and set up the software.
    I was happy.
    Then I got my playbook basically free - cashed in my lifetime airmiles points (3,000 points) for the 32 gig PB.
    When it arrived, I stopped using the PC and lay on the couch using the PB while watching TV.
    I now refer to the PC as the dinosaur.
    I was happier.
    I never sit upstairs at the PC anymore - I work from the couch on my PB, while watching TV.
    Now, I am forced to get another PC
    Clearly with no more support, I can no longer ignore the fact that I have to decide what PC to get now.
    I lHave learned some things:
    A) from using the extra laptop I took home from my office, when I work from home - I now know I dislike laptops.
    B) I have to buy a new PC with software and get all my crap collected since 2003 and before transferred onto the new PC.
    C) my office, being government, made the ******** decision to upgrade us from PCs to laptops, connected to upright screens and separate keyboards with windows 7 !!
    D) I hate this upgrade and find my dinosaur much easier to use.
    E) I want to buy another PC on sale that will do what my old one was doing, and very little else, since it only functions as a hub for sideloading, transferring music and pics.
    F) I no longer have access to a friend who can help me
    G) Based on my ex-boyfriend's opinion, which I respect, I do not trust the kids at Staples, Bestbuy, etc to advise me, cause they're too young to understand what I need, which is probably more than I have, but much less than what they would consider useful
    So.. Has anyone here got any ideas?
    Last edited by castoridae; 04-08-14 at 03:24 PM.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    04-08-14 03:13 PM
    Ideas on here?????????............ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha......
    04-08-14 03:27 PM
    at least the ball is the korrekt kolur...

c
    Well if it is as cold as it looks, wouldn't the balls be a different kolur?
    04-08-14 03:37 PM
    Ideas on here?????????............ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha......
    We'll getting ideas on here isn't the problem. It's finding the practical one in the haystack of hair brained ones. You'd be better off with the kids at Best Buy
    04-08-14 03:40 PM
    Today is the last day, the hated microsoft will support windows XP and its pal MSWord.
    First, I always preferred lotus to excell, and word perfect was miles ahead of word, but both got pushed out by IE and so the crappy software won out. I adjusted.
    It seems to be my lot in life to find a useable product that gets pushed out by a lesser product, but in today's world, bullies win.
    I bought my new computer in 2003 or 2004 for about $300.00 on sale at Staples. My boyfriend at the time, an engineer, went with me to get it. A Compac something. He also gave me his old LEXMARK Printer.
    I was happy.
    Then I got my playbook basically free - cashed in my lifetime airmiles points (3,000 points) for the 32 gig PB.
    When it arrived, I stopped using the PC and lay on the couch using the PB while watching TV.
    I was happier.
    I never sit upstairs at the PC anymore - I work from the couch on my PB, while watching TV.
    Clearly with no more support, I can no longer ignore the fact that I have to decide what PC to get now.
    A) from using the extra laptop I took home from my office, when I work from home - I now know I dislike laptops.
    B) I have to buy a new PC with software and get all my crap collected since 2003 and before transferred onto the new PC.
    C) my office, being government, made the ******** decision to upgrade us from PCs to laptops, connected to upright screens and separate keyboards with windows 7 !!
    E) I want to buy another PC on sale that will do what my old one was doing, and very little else, since it only functions as a hub for sideloading, transferring music and pics.
    G) Based on my ex-boyfriend's opinion, which I respect, I do not trust the kids at Staples, Bestbuy, etc to advise me, cause they're too young to understand what I need, which is probably more than I have, but much less than what they would consider useful
    WHATEVER you do, get win 7! You can still get Win 7 machines from Dell, and HP. I suggest staying away from Windows 8, as I opine.......

Desktop or laptop, you gets to pick, but stick with 7!..c
    04-08-14 03:50 PM
    Well if it is as cold as it looks, wouldn't the balls be a different kolur?
    I'm knot ceeing the kolor blue.......

c
    04-08-14 03:51 PM
    We'll getting ideas on here isn't the problem. It's finding the practical one in the haystack of hair brained ones. You'd be better off with the kids at Best Buy
    Hey, knox ofs the "hair jokes......."

c
    Cynycl, sad_old_man and castoridae like this.
    04-08-14 03:52 PM
    Sumow the game looks diffrent on telly see eh? Anybodyone want to by sum gloff sticks eh?

Attachment 261583

Oh and I is not ear see eh?
    spend a month or so @ the range before you go effin' around on a course,,, take your time, find your swing...
    04-08-14 04:59 PM
    WHATEVER you do, get win 7! You can still get Win 7 machines from Dell, and HP. I suggest staying away from Windows 8, as I opine.......

win 7 is a good system & should be supported for quite some time,,, kinda like bbos...
    04-08-14 05:03 PM

The IT tech at work said to wait until the fall or later as they are coming out with yet anither windows called something like classic windows so all the irritating stuff will be more like what I've got now, only newer.
    sad_old_man and Carl Estes like this.
    04-08-14 05:19 PM
    Yes here!! This is the official nuttin to do with pkaybook, so I'm hijacking this thread !!
    04-08-14 05:23 PM
    BTW: I will.copy post to a separate thread,but that's exactly where I expect to get the birzzarro suggestions,.so I thought it would be best to start here
    04-08-14 05:28 PM
    I was happy.
    I was happier.
    Imac
    04-08-14 06:34 PM
    Imac
    Why would I buy an iAnything???
    You are a cruel cat
    04-08-14 07:39 PM
    You are a cruel cat
    I'm a kitty, it's plug and play

Posted via CB10
    Cynycl, sad_old_man and Carl Estes like this.
    04-08-14 07:42 PM
    You are a cruel cat
    Maybe the kitty want you to be an Imoron?
    04-08-14 08:12 PM
    Maybe the kitty want you to be an Imoron?
    You mean I-diot
    04-08-14 09:18 PM
    You mean I-diot
    All the same but different!
    04-08-14 09:22 PM

With the upgrades to windows 8.1 it will be considerably easier to use on tablet laptop computers. If you don't mind the small screen you can use an 8" tablet as a real windows computer. With free licensing of windows 8.1 for devices below 9" prices may drop further for these small computers. Info is available at the site below.

http://www.umpcportal.com/

Of course the Beaver may not want to use Windows 8.1 tiles but one can set it up for desktop operation.
    Cynycl, Carl Estes and castoridae like this.
    04-08-14 10:22 PM
    Now you motley crew listn ere, since the dawn of civilisation, it's all about I. I want, I need, i think therefore I am,..while you follow rimberry playbook to the grave, everything I still alive!! Imoron, *****, I can't believe it's not butter, I will survive, I will always love you, I think you get the point. Now surrender your devices and get some I before the world left u behind.
    04-08-14 10:26 PM
    The demise of Windows XP with no security updates for the general public emphasizes the usefulness of the much more secure BB Playbook platform for sensitive business. But if you use Win XP don't use windows Explorer browser at all and. avoid the internet even with other browsers which are getting security updates. Use the Win XP only on local network. See following site for some free advice.

http://www.google.com/search?q=Windo...om&btnG=Search
    04-08-14 10:57 PM
    Now you motley crew listn ere, since the dawn of civilisation, it's all about I. I want, I need, i think therefore I am,..while you follow rimberry playbook to the grave, everything I still alive!! Imoron, *****, I can't believe it's not butter, I will survive, I will always love you, I think you get the point. Now surrender your devices and get some I before the world left u behind.
    Oh yeah? What about ME?
    04-09-14 06:42 AM
    spend a month or so @ the range before you go effin' around on a course,,, take your time, find your swing...
    Ok I is tooked my times see an i is findin my swings see eh? What does i does next eh Chief?

Official nuthin' to do with Playbook hijack thread-swings.jpg
    04-09-14 06:53 AM
    Oh yeah? What about ME?
    You just keep using your Chromebook!
    04-09-14 07:12 AM
8,949 ... 354355356357358