This little discussion illustrates perfectly,
    how even agreement can be only skin-deep
    (and why I shouldn't get into political discussions like this).
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-08-14 01:04 PM
    If I read this correctly, you propose killing all Gitmo detainees without killing their guards? That's a peculiar thought.
    terrorists = detainees,,, guards = marines, (&others)...
    sad_old_man and Carl Estes like this.
    03-08-14 01:06 PM
    Yes, but that was not why I asked. But let's quickly forget it as nothing good comes from a global discussion on politics...
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-08-14 01:09 PM
    Nonsense, sad_old_man, I'm not alone in this. If you kill them now, you should have done so years ago! Killing them now would only be an attempt to mask the political minefield Gitmo has become...
    "he/they died quietly in their sleep & were buried in accordance to law"...
    03-08-14 01:10 PM
    Even for the Americans, who admittedly sport a whole different set of laws, that would be a "travesty of justice", to put it mildly...
    03-08-14 01:14 PM
    Yes, but that was not why I asked. But let's quickly forget it as nothing good comes from a global discussion on politics...
    that's fine by me, but it's not politics,,, it's people intent on doing harm to my/our country,,, had you been there, or maybe served, (you might've, dunno), you might feel differently,,, the Constitution gives you the right to voice your opinion...
    03-08-14 01:14 PM
    that's fine by me, but it's not politics,,, it's people intent on doing harm to my/our country,,, had you been there, or maybe served, (you might've, dunno), you might feel differently,,, the Constitution gives you the right to voice your opinion...
    If all detainees in Gitmo were all unequivocally of the "capital punishment" variety, they should already have been killed. If they're not then what you're proposing sounds a bit strange. And this has nothing to do with serving or not serving IMHO.
    03-08-14 01:18 PM
    If all detainees in Gitmo were all unequivocally of the "capital punishment" variety, they should already have been killed. If they're not then what you're proposing sounds a bit strange. And this has nothing to do with serving or not serving IMHO.
    Mr honorable sailor Sir! I do believe I knitted yous........please allow me to answer the canniballs for you please? Now I is sorry that I is not as dipolomatikaly as good as you but given where I is now I does not feel dipolomatikaly inclined see eh!

Dear Mr canniballs, lover of peece, protector of the unemployed, doogooder of the needless, protector of the bull****.............. In the case of your highlighted comment, someone has to pull the trigger! WOULD YOU DO IT? ................... categorically NO? That's why you vote for governments that people like me to do it on your behalf and then it leaves you free to continually spout your bull**** without ever feeling you have dirty hands?
    03-08-14 02:30 PM
    Perfectly correct my young man! The thing is, this problem only arises when personbodys start there dogooding interference and creating grey areas see eh? Simple........black is black and white is white? Is they done wrong or is they done right? "an eye for an eye and a tooth for a toothe" is that not the saying? I shoot at personbodys and I expects them to shoots back at me! Situation normal? They shoots at me and someone like you tells me to consults the 54 declarations of freedom and human rights and before I is read it I is dead! He gets a lock on me and I retaliate bt shootings him first, I is prostituted for being inhumane.

THATS WHY TERRORISM EXSISTS? They know we play by the rules when they don't have to! Why don't you try "turning the other cheek" when sombodypersons is emptying at glock in your direction eh see? Why does nobodypersons ever stand up and just say "SHOOT THE BASTARDS"
    You need a hug

Nobody stands up because nobody cares as we live in a past present feature full of consumers and tamed people whom only want one single thing!
    MONEY!
    It doesn't matter how they come..
    soldier boys have the illusion they protect something when they actually don't..
    They are the same factor as terrorists are..
    People with guns killing other people for money..
    Humans have forsaken themselves long time a go but nobody wonders why or when did it happen

Posted using BlackBerry Z10 via CB10
    03-08-14 02:31 PM
    Unequivocal is a very unequivocal word. Hard to tell what some of these people might do if they were released. In other societies they probably would have been killed long ago. Many USA states do not ha e capital punishment or otherwise refuse to execute persons.
    03-08-14 02:39 PM
    Unequivocal is a very unequivocal word.
    True, definitely true!!!
    Hard to tell what some of these people might do if they were released.
    The way a Western legal system works/should work is that you do something wrong followed by punishment (which may or may not be of the capital kind), you cannot however punish people in the same manner for deeds/crimes they haven't committed yet. This might be hard to swallow in the case of known terrorists, but it's the way we - in the Western world - have set up our legal systems.
    In other societies they probably would have been killed long ago.
    True again, but they are not being detained by other countries/societies.
    Many USA states do not ha e capital punishment or otherwise refuse to execute persons.
    Which only goes to show that even within one country the situation isn't all that clear-cut. And apart from my own feelings about the death penalty: it is something that can never be undone, which makes it hard but important to decide correctly who actually "qualifies" or not. It's one those things where "when in doubt..." comes into play.
    sad_old_man and SEAWARRIOR like this.
    03-08-14 03:04 PM
    True, definitely true!!!

The way a Western legal system works/should work is that you do something wrong followed by punishment (which may or may not be of the capital kind), you cannot however punish people in the same manner for deeds/crimes they haven't committed yet. This might be hard to swallow in the case of known terrorists, but it's the way we - in the Western world - have set up our legal systems.

True again, but they are not being detained by other countries/societies.

Which only goes to show that even within one country the situation isn't all that clear-cut. And apart from my own feelings about the death penalty: it is something that can never be undone, which makes it hard but important to decide correctly who actually "qualifies" or not. It's one those things where "when in doubt..." comes into play.
    And that non commitment, is the bull**** that allows terrorists to be terrorists! For once say what you feel. You have just seen your wife and children blown to bits by some nondescript Tosser spouting some religious bull**** and your going to take him home for lunch are you? Keep things simple.........

1. You shoot at me, I shoot back!
    2. You blow up our innocent civilians, I blow your innocent civilians!

You will be telling me next that the Russians are right in what they are doing at the moment and you could probably spout some long worded bull**** that sounded great to the uneducated. However that's probably because your not sat in the Ukraine ? Easy to condone/condem when you are not the one suffering isn't it?
    It's probably because of people like you that I really ENJOY MY JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

03-08-14 03:38 PM
    And that non commitment, is the bull**** that allows terrorists to be terrorists! For once say what you feel. You have just seen your wife and children blown to bits by some nondescript Tosser spouting some religious bull**** and your going to take him home for lunch are you? Keep things simple.........

1. You shoot at me, I shoot back!
    2. You blow up our innocent civilians, I blow your innocent civilians!

You will be telling me next that the Russians are right in what they are doing at the moment and you could probably spout some long worded bull**** that sounded great to the uneducated. However that's probably because your not sat in the Ukraine ? Easy to condone/condem when you are not the one suffering isn't it?
    It's probably because of people like you that I really ENJOY MY JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Oh such joy for me that I'm neighbor with all them wars between Russia or what ever the hell they are doing there

Posted using BlackBerry Z10 via CB10
    03-08-14 03:48 PM
    @sad_old_man - deliberate misconstruing of my words does not help your argument any. Stop putting words in my mouth or degrading me to "one of them". In that respect you simply do not know what you"re talking about.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-08-14 04:14 PM
    And to answer your earlier question: yes, I probably would. And you calling me the protector of bull* is just plain silly, I'm afraid
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-08-14 04:20 PM
    Perfectly correct my young man! The thing is, this problem only arises when personbodys start there dogooding interference and creating grey areas see eh? Simple........black is black and white is white? Is they done wrong or is they done right? "an eye for an eye and a tooth for a toothe" is that not the saying? I shoot at personbodys and I expects them to shoots back at me! Situation normal? They shoots at me and someone like you tells me to consults the 54 declarations of freedom and human rights and before I is read it I is dead! He gets a lock on me and I retaliate bt shootings him first, I is prostituted for being inhumane.

THATS WHY TERRORISM EXSISTS? They know we play by the rules when they don't have to! Why don't you try "turning the other cheek" when sombodypersons is emptying at glock in your direction eh see? Why does nobodypersons ever stand up and just say "SHOOT THE BASTARDS"
    Now, now... "have a Jelly Baby."
    Hirazi Blue and sad_old_man like this.
    03-08-14 05:58 PM
    Mr honorable sailor Sir! I do believe I knitted yous........please allow me to answer the canniballs for you please? Now I is sorry that I is not as dipolomatikaly as good as you but given where I is now I does not feel dipolomatikaly inclined see eh!

Dear Mr canniballs, lover of peece, protector of the unemployed, doogooder of the needless, protector of the bull****.............. In the case of your highlighted comment, someone has to pull the trigger! WOULD YOU DO IT? ................... categorically NO? That's why you vote for governments that people like me to do it on your behalf and then it leaves you free to continually spout your bull**** without ever feeling you have dirty hands?
    bye your leave, by all means,,, your passion & dedication are obvious, & respected,,, just don't let it get the better of you, (here),,, i can see (read) that you've been re-ignited, & that may be my doing,,, remember, "professional"...
    03-09-14 06:57 AM
    by keeping them alive, the information gained, before terrorists' rights activists got in the way, was/is invaluable...
    03-09-14 07:02 AM
    soooooooooo,,, w/ spring about to sprung, what are our plans for the summer??? i'm thinking about a 1500 mi road trip on my motorcycle to Key West...
    03-09-14 07:06 AM
    @sad_old_man - deliberate misconstruing of my words does not help your argument any. Stop putting words in my mouth or degrading me to "one of them". In that respect you simply do not know what you"re talking about.
    Oh silly me............and there I was thinking I was sat right in the middle of it yet again? Oh let's have a look around me.............mmmmmmmmmmm YES I AM!
    SEAWARRIOR and Carl Estes like this.
    03-09-14 07:56 AM
    soooooooooo,,, w/ spring about to sprung, what are our plans for the summer??? i'm thinking about a 1500 mi road trip on my motorcycle to Key West...
    You is welcomist any times you wishes Sir Sailor................
    SEAWARRIOR and Carl Estes like this.
    03-09-14 07:58 AM
    Oh silly me............and there I was thinking I was sat right in the middle of it yet again? Oh let's have a look around me.............mmmmmmmmmmm YES I AM!
    Again with the deliberate misconstruing of my words. You're "on a roll" here...
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-09-14 08:30 AM
    Again with the deliberate misconstruing of my words. You're "on a roll" here...
    03-09-14 10:01 AM
    Now now you gun totting pilot person you. Parallel park your plane aside at wallymart lot for now. This is kat senator speaking here. I iz supreme lawmaker of the land. I iz making plans for who iz shooting down ere....except some tree thingy you like to target , by all means proceed.....it's abit komplekated see? We iz tranzitioning see? From bama to hilarious klingon mistration...unless there's some derailment in which that christie cookies or the moppy head poor rant become the supreme leader of our world see. We iz in the diskussion .....we iz makin dizisions see? no argument with civilian see?....in the mean time i might need to lock you in the cabin in another boat some wear in the ocean see.....there might be a few ice bergs floating around see?
    03-09-14 10:15 AM
    Now now you gun totting pilot person you. Parallel park your plane aside at wallymart lot for now. This is kat senator speaking here. I iz supreme lawmaker of the land. I iz making plans for who iz shooting down ere....except some tree thingy you like to target , by all means proceed.....it's abit komplekated see? We iz tranzitioning see? From bama to hilarious klingon mistration...unless there's some derailment in which that christie cookies or the moppy head poor rant become the supreme leader of our world see. We iz in the diskussion .....we iz makin dizisions see? no argument with civilian see?....in the mean time i might need to lock you in the cabin in another boat some wear in the ocean see.....there might be a few ice bergs floating around see?
    Wot? ............... Oh and put them bokkles down...................mutter mutter...........
    03-09-14 11:18 AM
8,949 ... 303304305306307 ...