12-28-14 03:04 AM
1,192 ... 678910 ...
tools
    i got mine, but i cant get it past the agreement screen
    If you're using a Wi Fi service (ATT hotspot, etc.) Be sure that you've accepted their Terms and Conditions. On that first screen, select Configure Hotspot and you'll be in business.

After that, with your gizmo pluggined in (seriously) update the software. Took me about 20-25 minutes (287 MB).

Hope that helps.

Lalita

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-11 03:22 PM
    Awaiting my Playbook from best buy on preorder.
    could somebody tell me how long battery lasts??
    Jst curious to see peoples opinions
    Also some people have been talking about the playbook heating up. Is this true??

Last edited by London_Lad; 04-19-11 at 04:23 PM.
    04-19-11 03:58 PM
    I purchased a 64GB this morning. Took it home unwrapped it, found out that the usb cable was missing out of the box, no big deal I already have a couple hanging around. Turned the unit on, after 30 secs the "Blackberry Playbook" logo comes on, still waiting, 30 secs later the splash screen starts with the colored circles moving around, so I wait, and wait, and wait, and wait, nothing. Call tech support "What's your device PIN?" I have no idea I haven't even seen the initial setup screen. Long story short 2 hours and two seperate calls to tech support, no joy. Took it back and got another one. The new one worked no problem and I'm currently syncing music, love it so far.
    04-19-11 04:06 PM
    I am posting this with my 16Gb Playbook now! Best Buy sent me an email saying my 32GB was ready for pickup... I get there to discover that they have no 32Gb models available... but would I take a 16GB for 10 percent off? With a free Invisible Shield? Sweet! (though it took the guy 20 minutes to get the shield on)
    04-19-11 04:15 PM
    To get the playbook, walked in at 8:01 was out before 8:05. :]
    04-19-11 04:18 PM
    And LOVE it! On it right now.
    04-19-11 04:25 PM
    Got my 16GB one today. Had a similar problem at Best Buy; woke up this morning to check the status on my 32GB and said it was backordered. Cancelled that, drove down to the local BB and got me a 16GB.

Setup was a breeze. Love the BlackBerry Bridge!
    Several Playbooks set up at Best Buy in Richmond Hill (hwy 7 and Red Maple location). All were in use when I arrived to pick up my pre-order (16G). I saw a two and a half page list of pre-orders, looked to be about 100 at least. I asked if any extra stock was available - they had about 15 units but all sold within 15 minutes after the store opened this morning. Mine's getting a rapid charge right now.
    I love my playbook. Only hangup was the software update, once I got that to work everything else has been great. The Blackberry Bridge is working awesome for me. I downloaded the OTA since AT&T blocked it and it rocks. This is awesome and in time it will only get better
    04-19-11 04:28 PM
    Got my 64GB Playbook this afternoon at Futureshop in Edmonton. Lots still available! Setup was a breeze as was connecting with Blackberry Bridge. I am posting from it now actually. It is much better looking in person! Perfect weight! Typing is great! Haven't tried out the camera yet but will once I post this.
    04-19-11 04:29 PM
    I got it!!!!!!!!!!
    Got the 16GB version. I figure that will give me an excuse to upgrade next year
    04-19-11 04:32 PM
    I got my 64 Gb playbook today and here are my first impressions with it.

The thing is fast and i mean lightning fast switching between app is a breeze. I can open about 7 or so apps then it won't open anymore. Initial setup was a went easy download was a little slow but no big deal. It is really responsive and smooth. As the platform builds I really think it will be a true workhorse in the field. My first backup was around 350 Mb so have some room on your hard drive straight out of the box but I'm positive that will grow. QNX OS seems really stable if an app freezes just close it and reopen it absolutely does nothing to the rest of app or OS. My brother has an ipad 1 was really surprised that they weigh about the same with the playbook being a little lighter.

Now APP World
    1. Downloads are slow and i mean painfully slow
    2. I can't believe Blackberry didn't port over apps they control like RSS Reader

Bridge (Thank you whoever posted the download on Crackberry. And Screw YOU AT&T)

1. Works as advertised with minor glitches
    2. Mail bridge seriously RIM i can't get a mark all read option
    3. Bridge Browser has issues it's kind of hit or miss on connecting to the net but free is free so can't complain
    04-19-11 05:07 PM
    Finally got my 32gb, It feels so great to hold ><
    04-19-11 05:21 PM
    I've been itching to run out and buy one all day! Has anyone seen the Skype Video App in the Playbook App World yet or know who to get video chats to work outside of Palybook to Playbook?
    04-19-11 05:29 PM
    I find the downloads to be ridiculously fast in Appworld.
    04-19-11 05:29 PM
    I've been itching to run out and buy one all day! Has anyone seen the Skype Video App in the Playbook App World yet or know who to get video chats to work outside of Palybook to Playbook?
    no skype. there are webcam apps and stuff. i havent downloaded them as my wife sits right next to me. its like 3D video chat and stuff.
    04-19-11 05:31 PM
    Finally got my 32gb, It feels so great to hold ><
    thats what she said (sorry couldn't resist )

i love my pb so far, there are a lot of improvement that could be available in the new updates but it is exciting to wait for those!
    04-19-11 05:39 PM
    Ok so my Staples order was shipped via UPS so I have been waiting almost 11 hours for it to arrive

But Staples added a $200 savings coupons for PlayBook Tablet Accessories so thats a nice touch. Most of it is $15 off all of the BB PB accessories including the rapid charger and $25 off the Venture Case.

Patience is a virtue
    04-19-11 05:41 PM
    I will be at the PlayBookTO Party tomorrow and get min at the end of the night. Can't wait to get my hands on it and sync it up to my Bold. I already installed the Bridge app on my BB.
    04-19-11 05:46 PM
    tried bridge several times had problems connecting with my bold 9700 but after i established a connection the PB reboot itself. what did i do wrong?
    04-19-11 05:51 PM
    Finally got mine

04-19-11 05:54 PM
    I pre-ordered a 64GB PB from BestBuy online within the first hour that the link was available. First thing this morning, I checked the order status and it was back-ordered. So I hit the local BestBuy store when it opened, 1st in line and they didn't get any 64GB tablets either. So I bought the only 32GB tablet that they had and cancelled the 64GB on my storm 2 while I was waiting for the clerk to set up the Playbook. Clerk insisted on setting it up for me which I really didn't want him to do as I like to take my time with these things but he wasn't going to let me leave with the PB unless he set it up, so he did. Seems to be working okay, no surprises yet. Apps that need the internet don't work with the bridge, must use wifi or tethering I suppose. Bridge aps work fine (calendar, email, etc.). Would have been nice to have more apps available at roll out but I guess they'll come. Response is terrific. Just wish the 64GB was available from day one.
    04-19-11 06:11 PM
    Pre ordered mine from Bell Mobility. Works great just need to get used to it.
    Last edited by jwillisbarrie; 04-19-11 at 06:24 PM.
    04-19-11 06:21 PM
    Got it, set it up, updated, bridged, all a-ok. Got a few questions, but I'm gonna go hunting around a bit first. Haven't decided if I like the browser in portrait or landscape yet. Just one goofy glitch logging into CB - the keyboard kept disappearing and doing a 'phantom' return, but it eventually behaved and let me log in. Hasn't happened logging into any other sites.

Pretty impressive little device. Time to go exploring!
    04-19-11 06:27 PM
    finally got my playbook. making this post from it. I picked it up on the way to my sons denist appt. Was planing to play with it while in the waiting room but it needed wifi to set up. Had to wait till i got home. Made for a long appointment.
    04-19-11 06:32 PM
1,192 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD