This is the first electronic device I've purchased that came with no juice in the battery. I had a hard time getting it started so I plugged it in and starting going through the set up. It's been charging via the plug that came with it for 15 minutes and it's still at 0%.
    04-19-11 11:22 AM
    Got a 16gb Playbook at the Staples in VA. The place was dead...but it took forever for the one sales person to fetch it for me!
    04-19-11 11:24 AM
    @vatic looks like you got a PlayBook with a dead battery. You should exchange it.

We got our staples order of 32gb delivered in the morning. Extremely happy with it, super fast browsing, awesome speakers, great screen resolution
    04-19-11 11:29 AM
    i cant bridge...this is bad. and yes im on att..
    04-19-11 11:30 AM
    Anybody else having issues getting past this page??? So frustrating!!!
    04-19-11 11:31 AM
    Mine went past that page easily, just swipe to the left in the "swipe" area notated at the bottom of the screen.

I got the 64GB version and it's updating to the 1690 software update right now.

Can't wait to use it.
    04-19-11 11:39 AM
    BestBuy has demo units in their stores yesterday when I was there. They didn't get any 64GB units where I live so I had to get mine at OfficeDepot.
    04-19-11 11:41 AM
    I got mine at Futureshop (aka Best Buy in the US). Installed blackberry bridge on my Torch. Tethered in 5 sec using my bb's 3G account. Same ease with connecting to wifi. Bridge gives me access to e-mail, calendar, tasks, contacts, web browser, memo pad and all the files on my bb.

The power button is not a problem as you just put your finger over it and depress. It turn off without a fuss.

Loving videos on hulu.com and espn.com. Good luck with that one my ipad faithful.

The device is gorgeous!
    04-19-11 11:41 AM
    Took the day off to pickup my 32gb. I was the 3rd in line and the first out the door. When i got home to do the update i noticed i have two dead pixels. I had to go back and exchange it. Doing the update on the new one as i type this and getting ready to spend the next couple of hours playing with it.
    Mine had a nice hot pixel right in the middle of the screen. Got it exchanged but the new one has a flush power button. oh well, I'm happy as long as my pixels are normal.
    04-19-11 11:44 AM
    Happy for you guys...I haven't got my yet so wanna know what came in the box obviously with the playbook.
    04-19-11 11:46 AM
    Just picked mine up at Staples. No wifi access at work. may have to do the starbucks thing. How long should I expect the update to take?
    04-19-11 11:46 AM
    Got mine. It's a really cool device.

Software update went quick and seamless. BB Bridge works perfectly as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-11 11:48 AM
    Got mine. It's a really cool device.

Software update went quick and seamless. BB Bridge works perfectly as well.

is there any hdmi cable in the box???
    04-19-11 11:50 AM
    Picked mine up at 7:01am! Was updated, running and bridged with my Torch by 8am!!! This is a sweet device!
    04-19-11 11:51 AM
    got mine at 8am at future shop and I'm posting this using my playbook
    04-19-11 11:55 AM
    i got my playbook and im posting from it woooooooot!!!!
    04-19-11 12:06 PM
    Yikes got my 64 Gb Blackberry Playbook @ Office Depot!!!!
    04-19-11 12:10 PM
    I went to futureshop at 7:45 this morning. Got my playbook, opened it up at 10 am. After opening up my playbook, I noticed the right side of the LCD backlight was bleeding! So, I quickly rushed back to futureshop to exchange it. I opened the 2nd one right in the store, and to my luck it had a dead pixel. They brought a third one out for me and the Wi-Fi didn't work on that model. The fourth one, had a dead battery. (They checked it!) The fifth one, which I currently am using, is working like a charm. I feel like a boss, $2500 worth of Playbooks, absolute garbage. I'm hoping this one lasts me a while
    lma13 and jvictor77 like this.
    04-19-11 12:15 PM
    Got my 16 gb at Staples this morning. Just now getting to play with it though.
    04-19-11 12:15 PM
    I bought mine this morning from Staples and that was easy! So far I love it, but the lack of apps is a bit of a downer. That will change over time and so far its amazing.
    04-19-11 12:19 PM
    is there any hdmi cable in the box???
    Nope. Got my separately for $11.

04-19-11 12:23 PM
    I went to the Springfield (Newington) Costco when they opened at 10am, but they did not have any on the floor. The guy in their cellphone kiosk said they didn't have any, and he didn't know when they'd get them in.

I stopped for lunch, and pulled up the Best Buy website on my Tour. I was pleasantly surprised to see that their mobile site let me check whether they had a 32GB PlayBook in any local stores. The website said they had them in Springfield, but not at Fair Lakes or Landmark. So I zipped over to that store and grabbed one.

The sales clerk was pretty well informed. He said he'd been trained on Sunday, and mentioned that support for Android apps was coming, but only thru App World.

I was disappointed that the YouTube app doesn't let you log into your YouTube account and bring up playlists. However, I was able to do that on the YouTube website thru the browser, so now I'm happy again.

Took pictures of my cats, and then had to put it down so I could do a little work. Main first impressions: The screen is super bright and really sharp, the interface is snappy, and it seems like a very cool widget.
    04-19-11 12:24 PM
    STAPLES, STAPLES, STAPLES...........Best Buy SUUUUUUUUCKS!!!!!!!!!! BB told me they had 2 PBs and I drove an hour to the store to find out they would not sell me one. I have a prebuy since 3/24 to deliver to my house. I cancelled my prebuy and BB said they would NOT be sending a confirmation email that I had cancelled. As soon as I hung up with the rep I received a confirmation email that I did cancel....they are so F'ed up in so many ways......totally done with BB....I told them in the store in front of about 10 customers "Best Buy really SUCKS! No one here knows what is going on, ever, from customer support to the customer service reps that I cannot understand over the phone. I will walk into Staples right now and purchase one within 5 minutes without hassel." It took me less than 5 minutes to buy a PB and a Micro HDMI at Staples. Give up on BB and make things EASY!
    04-19-11 12:29 PM
    Use the Tethering function if you have a bb. You can share you BB's data plan....unless your with AT&T.
    04-19-11 12:35 PM
    just got my 32gb no problems yet everything works perfectly, guess im lucky?
    04-19-11 12:35 PM
1,192 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD