I just got a 16GB PlayBook yesterday (for $226, CND) and I absolutely love it! It's sad that this device seems to be so underrated, though! Even my sister (who is far from tech savvy and not at all interested in these things) said "I heard that it sucks!" when she found out that I had gotten one. Shame. Because I seriously think it rivals many of the tablets out there -- heck, even the iPad!
    07-15-12 05:53 AM
    I just got a 16GB PlayBook yesterday (for $226, CND) and I absolutely love it! It's sad that this device seems to be so underrated, though! Even my sister (who is far from tech savvy and not at all interested in these things) said "I heard that it sucks!" when she found out that I had gotten one. Shame. Because I seriously think it rivals many of the tablets out there -- heck, even the iPad!
    This. At least we both can appreciate things. (not so much your sis)
    07-15-12 05:55 AM
    Rim really needs to get its publicity house in order. I went on hiking trips on Friday and Sat with two different people. Somewhere on both drives, the other person who knew I have a bb phone said something to the effect of "so what will you be getting now that rim/bb is going under!" Neither is really into tech but both are interested in new phones. You can be sure that they will both shy away from Rim products with the current "news buzz!"

I mean Rim is not bankrupt in the monetary sense but certainly is bankrupt in the publicity sense.
    BigwhiteUK likes this.
    07-15-12 09:17 AM
    I agree. They definitely need a new marketing strategy. Because as it stands at the moment, RIM is coming across as if they really don't care all that much about seriously promoting and improving their product; which is a real shame given that *at the very least* it is a decent tablet with a lot of potential.
    07-15-12 10:53 AM
    Salutations

I just got a new to me PB 16 gig ..even trade an old bath tub for this playbook .

seems nice so far ..but I am coming from an android phone and tablet ..so a huge learning curve .

syncing contacts with g-mail to PB seems like an issue
    07-15-12 10:23 PM
    Hello everyone,

I just got a 64gb Playbook. I have been using it for just a week or so and I am very pleased. My family have several tablets (ipad, nook color, kindle fire, Cowon q5w) I was fortunate to get a refurbished one at an amazing price, under $150

When I started it up the first time it asked to be updated to 2.0. after about 30 min, it restarted fine..After several days, I noticed, i could not change wallpaper there was no set as wallpaper...thought this was odd, later I decided to do a full reset, download...and that fixed it...that is the only challenge so far, also added a HD video, music and several new games .

I am using the playbook, instead of carrying a macbook around everywhere. I have loaded several hd movies, some music and used the camera several time. Overall, I am happy, I am sure as newer updates come, things can only get better.

I use comcast web mail, but have had several issues with the keyboard popping up when I want to open an email, so i am using the native mail app, right now, I can use the comcast mobile, but I would like to use the full site, as it give the option to put mail in spam and create folders. If any one knows better info, let me know.

I picked up the rapid charger stand and the convertible case is coming soon.
    08-04-12 05:30 PM
    Will be getting my first Blackberry Playbook within the next few days! Picked it up locally and am having it shipped to me from another site.

Cannot wait to have it running side by side with my Sprint Blackberry Curve 9350!

Had android phones and tablets for a while and have recently switched over to my BB and love it. Had an HP Touchpad which I recently sold due to being unable to share internet between the two devices.

Picked up the BB PB for $120 shipped, 16GB with everything as brand new with only being owned for less then a month. Seems like a good deal considering brand new they are $150-$160. I change phones and tablets far too often so will hopefully allow me to settle down and keep my constant need for a swap under control.
    08-28-12 09:34 AM
    Just picked up a 64 gig at the bargain price of GBP129. Can't put it down!
    08-28-12 10:28 AM
    Finally "I got my playbook" this morning! But finding hard to get around without a trackpad I can control everything from one point with. Without it I feel like I switched to an iPhone or something haha
    09-06-12 02:14 AM
    Yo,

Got my Playbook on Sat, �129.00 for the 64GB from PC World/Currys.

What a price! Great lil' tablet too. Cant put it down.

Was gonna get a kindle for reading books but when i saw the price of this i could not let it go. Seriously can't believe how cheap it is. Much better build quality than similar priced Tabs' i reckon.
    Last edited by gavvybiggs; 09-06-12 at 01:47 AM. Reason: speeling and gramer (sic)
    09-06-12 02:47 AM
    Got my 64gb for �129.00. I'm underwhelmed to be honest.

I have yet to sideload anything that works properly.

docstogo will not recognise xlsx or docx files from Dropbox, and that put paid to the only sideloaded app that seemed OK.

I have purchased Tapatalk and that works fine.

It connects to PC like a mid 90's windows ce phone.

OK, it was cheap, and I bought it mainly to browse and watch movies, but sorry, my Galaxy S2 wipes the floor with this in all departments other than screen size. Not loving it at all at the moment.
    Last edited by Lyrrad; 09-06-12 at 08:17 AM.
    09-06-12 08:08 AM

docstogo will not recognise xlsx or docx files from Dropbox, and that put paid to the only sideloaded app that seemed OK.

OK, it was cheap, and I bought it mainly to browse and watch movies, but sorry, my Galaxy S2 wipes the floor with this in all departments other than screen size. Not loving it at all at the moment.
    love mine, the UI is brilliant. i sideloaded some apps, but havent really used them as there are plenty of apps in the store. (have yet to buy any as they are so expensive - my only gripe).

my mid 90's CE phone didnt connect to a PC. my mid 2000's CE tablet connected as a USB drive. i connect to my Playbook via WiFi - which i dont remember being able to do in the mid 90's, i'll be honest.

the screen and speakers are excellent

had mine 2 weeks now
    09-06-12 09:03 AM
    Got my PB 16GB for $100 CDN (2nd hand) about a month ago. Have been using it every single day since my gf is hoarding my laptop. I must say that I find it pleasingly surprised on how well the PB is. At first, I didn't expect much of it because of all the negative comments. I am tempted to get another 32G PB on sale this week at Wal-Mart for $148!! Great device and deserve more recongition than it really is.
    09-06-12 02:12 PM
    Just picked up a 64GB for �129. Sideloaded a host of games all working perfectly.
    09-08-12 01:48 AM

I'm with you, got it yesterday morning and returned it this morning. Despite being 'cheap' costwise, that's all I found it had going for it. I'd rather spend 2x as much and get something that will perform and make me happy rather than having to quell the heartburn everytime I use it by reminding myself it was only $148.

Cheers
    The REAL Joe
    09-08-12 06:06 PM
    My mom picked up the 32gb two weeks ago on a Wednesday. Unboxed (I never even saw the box), I thought "Neat" and we spent the better part of an hour trying to get it to update through Wi-Fi. After no solution on Thursday, we exchanged it on Friday, thinking it was defected and tried again; if it didn't work this time, we'd return it. Fortunately, we finally figured out how to get Wi-Fi on it and the country selection thingamabob.

Initial set-up done, we cruised the App World and settled on Duke Nukem 3D (Brings a smile to my face every time). She tried it out, got the hang of it and eventually passed it to me, where I mainly used it for watching anime on the go. Worked perfectly for that, except for P4: The Animation where I couldn't for the life of me get to stop lagging. Other shows used the same video player and worked fine but it never wanted me to watch it... But it's real good for videos and sometimes better than my crappy desktop.

Been getting apps bit by bit but a week later, checked out the App store more and got a chunk of 'em, a lot of filler but found some real good ones and continued to be in constant use. And recently, got that wicked SNES emulator working and capped off my game purchasing for the present. Wish there were more RPGs but seriously loving it.
    10-20-12 04:12 PM
    I bought a playbook today & will be returning it tomorrow. I cannot play pokerstars.
    Unless they make Google play or android apps available anyway but that won't happen in 14 days
    10-21-12 02:25 AM
    I bought a playbook today & will be returning it tomorrow. I cannot play pokerstars.
    Unless they make Google play or android apps available anyway but that won't happen in 14 days
    Why do people buy a product BEFORE reading about it?

PS. The PlayBook DOES have Android apps
    10-21-12 10:26 AM
    I bought my PB 2 months ago.

PROS:
    - HDMI output is true 1080p, even for TV's as large as 80 inches;
    - Camera picture and video recording quality is superior;
    - Can sync with a corporate blackberry without saving content to the playbook.

CONS:
    - Web browsing with flash objects sometimes crashes the native browser;
    - Booting time is painfully long and slow at startup.

Overall, for me, the pros dramatically outweigh the cons.
    Last edited by Vamerurory; 10-26-12 at 02:04 PM.
    10-21-12 02:31 PM
    The combination of the PlayBook /bold 9930 is one of a tagteam.
    10-21-12 03:34 PM
    Just got my Blackberry Playbook, updating to 2.1.0.1032 right now! Super excited and I only paid $200 for a 64GB version!!! I have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus and am now thinking about getting a Blackberry 10 Phone when one comes out as well! I can not believe the amazing value I got for $200!
    10-23-12 04:03 AM
    I got a 32gb one on the 18th. Amazing deal, and does everything I need and then some. I got it to make studying the online content for my college course easier after I failed a midterm. No regrets whatsoever! I can even do my programming and web design homework on it... Excellent for when I just don't feel like sitting in the damn computer chair anymore, haha. I would have got a 64gb, but there were none available locally, and I don't have a credit card.
    10-25-12 10:54 PM
    I just have to say that I am impressed with this device. I never really considered getting a PlayBook as I had a laptop and my Torch 9810. However, a deal at Staples for $119, changed everything. A co-worker I work with is usually annoyed with electronics. However, they got one a few days before me and they said it was the first time they were able to do everything they wanted during setup and after that did not run into issues. Since we work in the cellular industry, we have a bit of insight into the general populations opinions and experiences with various devices. So my co-worker's experience with this device and the great price, resulted in me getting not only one, but two PlayBooks. I had the same experience. Flawless setup and no issues in setting up BlackBerry Bridge.

Thus I just had to sign up to CrackBerry to voice my opinion. I have been reading CrackBerry for years but never had a desire to join. Now I feel I need to be part of a great community and speak my mind and provide input from my own experiences and experiences working in the cellular industry. And to BlackBerry, keep up the great work.

Now, to playing with my PlayBook.
    11-25-12 09:13 AM
    i think i should contribute.

i never even considered a blackberry as a suitable product for me. I have always had windows phones, except the iphone 4s, which only entertained me as SIRI is awesome. I was saving up for the release of Windows 8 and the surafce, which just looks the dogs. Finally a week before release date, the price is anounced �399.00 (639USD) . There was no way i was paying that for a tablet!! Even if that had been with the keyboard i still wouldnt of paid it!

Disappointed by the wild price claim of windows to mark up against the new ipad ( which my G/f got but i have never really seen the point its only good if you like facebook games) i set about looking for something that would suit what i wanted it for. Looked at the androids, like the look of the Nexus 7 but then came across the playbook. Read a few reviews which were not very complimentary of the device, but i wanted to find out more. Started finding reviews on the 2.0 update and started to get a little more interested.

I eventually found myself on a very informative website that really helped to convince me that i was making the right decision. i parted will �129.00 and got a 64GB playbook. Man did i make the right choice, Amazing for watching movies and videos on, great sound, portable and oozes build quality. Some people say not enough games, but its not about the quantity. The game on PB are great and you dont have to trawl through 18 pages of Farmville copycats to find something good. It is also slowly replacing my KOBO touch as my ereader, and replaced my laptop for excel and word.

The money saved on not getting the surface ( a tablet that has been plagued with bad reviews and security issues) went on replacing my Nokia Lumia 800, not to the Lumia 820 that i was going to get but on ...... you guessed it a Bold 9900.

Two months on i am inseperable for for RIM Tech, i have been known to fall asleep with my playbook in my hand, damn HD on a 7 tab

A big thank you crackberry for helping me get the perfect tablet for me. It is not what everyone would want, but that is the beauty of tech, we are all different with our own needs, i ipad didnt fill mine, the pb hit the spot
    FF22 likes this.
    11-30-12 10:24 AM
    Picked up my 32 GB Playbook this past week for $118 you cant beat that price for what you are getting. I also have a 32 GB ipad 2. They both have their pros and cons but the playbook with my hipstreet keyboard and small microsoft mouse work awesome! I had a 16GB when they first came out but didnt use it much. But since getting the 32 GB i have uploaded all my music and pictures and still have a ton of memory left. Cant wait until the new software comes out along with the bb 10 smart phones.
    11-30-12 12:32 PM
1,192 ... 4445464748
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD