12-28-14 03:04 AM
1,192 ... 4041424344 ...
tools
    Had mine for a couple of weeks now, loving it...especially finding it really handy to access word documents related to our house hunt while out of the house, nice to be able to make notes on each house seen right on it for upload to my regular computer. Also, my HP laptop recognizes the PB as another drive, so I can just drop and drag files. That's so much easier than using the Desktop, which won't transfer the files...had problems with the desktop before the Playbook, now I really just use it to back up my info on my Torch 9800 and my Playbook.
    01-09-12 06:21 AM
    Got mine in the sales, very pleased and was very unsure at first whether to purchase but love my phone and thought sod it and bought the playbook.

all this hype from ipad owners about how bad the PB is was totally false and if they wish to spend in excess of 400 for the ipad then more fool them

anyways loving this new gadget and not had one single issue with it and cannot wait to the extras arrive in os2

PLAYBOOK ALL THE WAY
    cogsinister likes this.
    01-09-12 05:22 PM
    I just received it yesterday and she's beautiful!! All the updates that are up and coming make me all that more excited to have this device!
    01-10-12 07:32 AM
    i have mine and it is great. personally i updated to v2 (beta) and will going back to v1 until the official v2 comes out...
    01-10-12 07:39 AM
    Last night couldn't have been better. Received my PB in the mail and was able to set it up while watching Alabama whip LSU and restore order for the National Championship. Roll Tide!
    01-10-12 09:03 PM
    i got mine couple days ago from pc world 169 for the 16gb.i did want the 32gb at 199,but nowhere who was selling at that price had any,and i was really lucky to find one branch that had some 16gb left.nearly every branch of currys and pc world in manchester had sold out.there was even carphone wharehouse next door to pc world selling for 249 for 16gb strangely they had quite a few.get em while you can,its amazing. bridge to my bb9900 works flawlessley
    01-11-12 02:04 PM
    I got mine today. Yay!....but it's not charging as fast I would think a electronic would charge. I'm using only one app with brightness basically on minimum and it went from 24% to like 9% after a long use..

Am I using more power then the playbook is charging?
    01-11-12 03:40 PM
    I got mine today. Yay!....but it's not charging as fast I would think a electronic would charge. I'm using only one app with brightness basically on minimum and it went from 24% to like 9% after a long use..

Am I using more power then the playbook is charging?
    Are you using the charger that came with it?
    01-11-12 03:46 PM
    Are you using the charger that came with it?
    Yes, I don't own any other RIM/BB product so I would not have another wire. I first used the USB to PC/USB Port charger but switched to the wall charger.

I didn't see the % go up so I turned down my brightness to the minimum, turned on airplane mode, and put it on standby. Now it's at 27% so I guess it is charging
    01-11-12 04:33 PM
    Got mine a couple days ago, great device really. Loving every bit of it!
    01-11-12 05:17 PM
    Literally just got mine.Upgrading software. Of course my 9930 dropped and died today... ugh.... Suffering with my backup Bionic until payday
    01-11-12 05:32 PM
    Yes, I don't own any other RIM/BB product so I would not have another wire. I first used the USB to PC/USB Port charger but switched to the wall charger.

I didn't see the % go up so I turned down my brightness to the minimum, turned on airplane mode, and put it on standby. Now it's at 27% so I guess it is charging
    USB lead to a PC will NOT charge the PB,not enough current.
    01-11-12 05:41 PM
    I got a refurb 16GB from Best Buy, came in yesterday. I've been playing around with it since. So far my overall opinion is really good! I'm normally the type that loves doing beta testing, but still a little hesitant to jump to OS 2.0, even though it seems like it is going to be a pretty good improvement.

I took it to work today, and got good good responses from the apple fanboys there even
    01-11-12 08:05 PM
    Firstly i'd like to say a big thanks to Crackberry community/site !

I spent days & days reading up on PB threads beforeI made the decision to buy a playbook. For me it started out as an interest in getting an ebook reader ... I researched the kindle and nook etc and they looked pretty cool , but neither could be bought in Canada , and both had to be rooted to even be used in Canada. The kobo vox is Canadian
    , but gets horrendous reviews across the board.

Eventually I came to read up on the Playbook and decided to take advantage of the cheap price , even though I did'nt start out wanting a "tablet".

Went to futureshop and bought a 64 gig unit for $199. Funny thing was that I was after the advertised 32 gig which was suppose to be $149 (the day before) , now all three - the 16 gig , 32 and 64 were all the same price $199... I asked the sales clerk why anyone would buy a 16 gig for the same price as 64 , she answered "geeze , good question".

So here I sit, typing away on my PB , very happily.

Everything worked out of the box so far. No problems that I have noticed , except one glitch where I can not turn the power on when the USB charger is pluggedin. That freaked me out at first. No biggie though , I just pull the charger out , turn it on and then plug it back in.

Other than that its just a matter of waiting patiently for the fabled 2.0 upgrade. It's kind of exciting with all the speculation and what not surrounding the 2.0. I'm sure as heck glad that I didn't haveto wait since last spring for the update ... the suspense would have killed me.

As a long-time Linux user its a bit of a hard pill to swallow to think that I'll have to be shelling out as much or more than I paid for the whole unit on apps that make it fun to use. Oh well , I'll just have to be careful so as to not waste money on apps that turn out to be useless/crappy.

The biggest thing i'm hoping for with OS 2.0 beyond android app ability is the OTG USB host capability as I have a large music and movie collection that I'd really love to have use of on the go via USB drive. Even if OTG USB doesn't come , there's still the possibility of things like airstash wifi usb , so I'm not worried about it.

Other than that , i'm happy with my new PB toy and look forward to reading up on things here at the crack. Can't wait till february update !

Nice to meet you all.

Cheers
    Bisboxer and speedypear like this.
    01-11-12 08:43 PM
    Hello fellow playbookers!

After quite some time of hemming and hawing, I finally got my playbook!!

Joy and Elation!!

Added to the excitement was the sale I got on it. Originally $700, got it for $300!!!

I've only had it for like an 2 hours, but managed to log in, upgrade OS, bridge with device and upgrade a few apps! Wowser!!

I'm looking forward to playing with my new toy, figuring out what all it can do, and learing from you great folks about this awesome device!!

The newest bee in the hive...
    Last edited by cntrydncr223; 01-12-12 at 10:39 PM.
    Bisboxer likes this.
    01-12-12 06:58 PM
    Got mine last week. Bumpy start, but now with OS2 and my BT keyboard/case, I am happy.
    01-12-12 07:58 PM
    I'm on my 4th day with my new 32G Playbook. I believe I am really going to like this. Downloaded the Bridge app from rroyy and it works just as described on AT&T Curve. This is my work phone, it is on an enterpriser server (I think) and I can see all my calendar and contacts while connected. I can also browse the internet while Bridged with no problems so far. One issue I've found, when I hit the "Standby" icon on the desktop, it restarts every time. When I hit the "Restart" button, it will restart. I'm not sure what is going on, but to put it into standby mode, I either have to push the small power button on top or let it sit until it goes to standby by itself. Otherwise, it seems to be a tool that will help me out at work. I've already downloaded prints in PFD format of a several jobs I have coming up. I can open these prints and zoom in with great clarity. It saves me from bringing the paper print out to jobs with me and risking losing them. This way, the original prints stays back at the office in the file cabinet, and I have the electriconic version in my hands at all times.
    01-14-12 06:31 AM
    Got mine on friday for 299eur... I'm loving it! The size it'perfect, I'm carrying it everywhere, the os is great and the app are really cool!!

Cannot wait for the official os2 release!
    01-23-12 02:58 AM
    64gb for 299 BABYY OHHH YA

feb 17 here i come
    01-23-12 03:19 AM
    Just bought a 32gb today. Been reading a lot on here & figure it was time. Sold my unlocked 9800 torch on line & the process payed for the PB. Love it when a plan comes together. Now I'm looking froward to the 2.0 update.
    01-28-12 11:53 PM
    Ordered My 64GB from Best Buy on Friday Morning for $299 The UPS Distribution center is so close that it will be here on Monday even with standard shipping. I have a Rapid Charging Pod on its way from Staples (they matched the Radio Shack $19.97 price and are shipping it to my house for free.) it will be here on Tuesday.
    01-29-12 06:31 AM
    I gave my sister a 16GB iPad 2 for her Christmas & Birthday but after a few months, she wanted more for her TV Shows & Movies.

She picked up the 64GB PlayBook today for $300 since there's no way she's paying $700-$800.
    01-29-12 08:19 PM
    Got mine a few days back.. it's the 32gb version.. so impressed with the playbook.. not any tips or suggestions yet but if your on the bb then load up ur bridge and see the pb on fire!!
    01-31-12 07:11 AM
    Since people are now starting to get their hands on the PlayBook, we can help keep the discussion a little more organized so post about it here.

Share your first impressions with us and unboxing video or pictures. Found some neat tricks post them here too for everyone to see. Or just tell us how excited you are to finally hold one in your hands!

Haven't got your PlayBook yet? Post some questions for those who have and hopefully they can answer.
    Mines a weird story. I helped my aunt program hers when she got it........So for christmas this year i got hers that she couldnt figure out. lol. I opened it up in christmas wrapping paper in bubble wrap in three different presents labled 1, 2, 3. 1 was the play book. 2 was the charger and stuff, and 3 was the otter box case. Now i cant put it down.
    01-31-12 07:37 AM
    I'm on my 4th day with my new 32G Playbook. I believe I am really going to like this. Downloaded the Bridge app from rroyy and it works just as described on AT&T Curve. This is my work phone, it is on an enterpriser server (I think) and I can see all my calendar and contacts while connected. I can also browse the internet while Bridged with no problems so far. One issue I've found, when I hit the "Standby" icon on the desktop, it restarts every time. When I hit the "Restart" button, it will restart. I'm not sure what is going on, but to put it into standby mode, I either have to push the small power button on top or let it sit until it goes to standby by itself. Otherwise, it seems to be a tool that will help me out at work. I've already downloaded prints in PFD format of a several jobs I have coming up. I can open these prints and zoom in with great clarity. It saves me from bringing the paper print out to jobs with me and risking losing them. This way, the original prints stays back at the office in the file cabinet, and I have the electriconic version in my hands at all times.
    Hi, don't know if you have found out there is a bug in the desktop power icon. I and many just use the battery icon to put in stand by.
    01-31-12 07:57 AM
1,192 ... 4041424344 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD