12-28-14 04:04 AM
1,192 ... 3839404142 ...
tools
    Got my PB 64GB today for $380. Simply awesome. Everything went smoother than I thought. Hooked up to wifi instantly and then bridged with my 9860 with no problems at all. Been messing around with it for the last couple of hours with updates etc... so far...I'm very glad I got it. Also waiting for the 2.0 release!
    12-26-11 09:33 PM
    Got mine on christmas, it was from shopbb. I am really enjoying it, currently attempting to figure out how to use server2008 to cooperate with the playbook vpn connectoid.
    12-26-11 09:44 PM
    Just got mine Christmas Day and it was a complete surprise. Apparently they were on sale at Best Buy for $199.99 and my parents jumped right on it because they wanted to get us tablets. The internet is pretty spiffy and I can play Tetris for hours. I'm also very pleased with the camera quality. It's 16 GB.
    Last edited by MissFormaldehyde; 12-26-11 at 10:03 PM.
    12-26-11 10:00 PM
    I haven't slept or eaten much since Christmas Eve! Love it. My wife got an iPad - no disrespect but I MUCH prefer the PlayBook.
    12-26-11 11:01 PM
    I got my PB a month ago during the initial price massacre with the intention of using it as a portable means to view/edit Word docs, Powerpoint slides, Excel spreadsheets; along with pdf viewing, light web browsing, and bridging to my BB phone. To that end it's working well so far and anything beyond that is yummy gravy. In short, my requirements are knuckle-draggingly short so this means that updating from it's current OS to OS2 will be akin to a experiencing a revelation LOL, like going from"meh" to "what it should have been in the first place." Unfortunately, guys like me with modest expectations are probably the minority in the tablet wars and are not the demographic everybody is fighting over.

RIM, love their keyboards, love the cachet they've built as the a real work tool in a field if toys, I've been astounded in the untapped potential of the PB but cripes the big giant heads at the top need some vision beaten into them.
    12-27-11 01:15 AM
    MAAAN...SOO EXCITED FINALLY GOT MY PB!!!

Been around the forums for a while now and I finally got my Playbook due to the recent price drops here in Indonesia.

I bought two 16GB Playbooks for Rp. 2.500.000 each (approx $300).

Not a bad deal.

I intend to use it for my stores. I plan to use it to pull up customer data and to show some clothes design. Plus I will use it myself as my own PMP.

WOOT WOOT
    12-27-11 01:56 AM
    I got my Playbook a couple of weeks ago from buy.com. I have the 32GB. I purchased the OtterBox case for it and just a couple of days ago got a mini HDMI cable. I am very satisfied with my Playbook. The only thing that I am not happy with is I also have a BB Torch 9800 and for the life of me I can not see any files on my Torch while looking for them through the BB Bridge on my Playbook. All it shows is O Bytes. I did purchase File Browser, and that is no help at all. I did not get the Bridge app from the App store but instead the one that was posted on this forum for us AT&T customers. Everything else works fine. I am waiting for the official 2.0 release before I upgrade to it.

I have a Torch 9800 and used the BB bridge from the app store, not being aware there had been issues with AT&T. Those issues appear to be resolved, because in my ignorance I set it up and it works as advertised, with AT&T. Try the one on App World.
    12-27-11 02:13 AM
    I love mine, even watch TV on it if the wireless available is significantly fast enough. To the person asking about the protective cover, I got the standard BB leather one, and it does flip over to hold it up for reading/viewing.

However, I do have one problem, and maybe it's just my blonde roots. The basic instructions for the touchscreen motions indicates you can drag files/items around just by putting your finger on the item and dragging it to where you want it. However, mine won't move a single file...the other swipe moves work as they are supposed to, but I can't re-arrange my screen to my liking. Any pointers on what I may be doing wrong, or is this a problem with my tablet? Mine's a 16GB, one of the ones they price slashed for Black Friday.
    12-27-11 02:20 AM
    hi all...got my playbook for christmas...quick wifi setup...speedy internet connection...miss bluetooth connectivity though...enjoy cameras...was as i expected...awaiting february update for this $199 beauty
    12-27-11 04:22 PM
    Mine connects by bluetooth to my Torch....haven't gotten it connected to the laptop yet, it wouldn't acknowledge the playbook...
    12-27-11 04:43 PM
    I got a 16 GB Playbook for 169 (with a free Faux leather case) yesterday from Currys BLACKBERRY PlayBook Tablet PC - 16 GB buy online | Currys I also took out a "Whatever Happens" insurance with them for just over 3 a month Whatever Happens | Currys
    Its amazing so far...I still have to learn a lot though!
    12-27-11 05:09 PM
    Welcome all New users!!! And why isn't this thread a STICKY??

check out the link below my signature for more Tips and Tricks for the Playbook compiled by the knowledgable posters on this forum... or click here..
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...t-know-671764/

And also view the vids from Crackberry for more watch and learn stuff for the Playbook. along with the Playbook 101 series ..

http://crackberry.com/get-blackberry...et-most-out-it

Enjoy!!!!
    Last edited by jafobabe; 12-27-11 at 05:47 PM.
    loreburne likes this.
    12-27-11 05:20 PM
    I went to Office Depot in Times Square on Dec 23rd. as I walked in a lady bought a 16gb and 32gb playbook then I heard the salesperson say "You got the last one". Luckily there were still 32gb in stock which I wanted. I'm going to get a 16gb PB for my SUV for the kids to use on long trips after I see what BBs are going for in a couple months.
    12-27-11 06:34 PM
    Got my 16gb PlayBook from Staples this afternoon. I was playing with it in the store, and before I knew it my pops had called over the sales associate and told him to ring it up for us.

I'm about half way done with the software update (it has been about 8 minutes). When it's ready, we're gonna sit down and compare it to the other tablets in the house right now: Kindle Fire, Acer Iconia, iPad 1. I'm looking forward to learning more about what this baby can do!
    jafobabe likes this.
    12-28-11 03:06 PM
    im with 32gigs PB + dakota 9900, and that's awesome !!
    croanthony likes this.
    12-28-11 07:36 PM
    I love mine, even watch TV on it if the wireless available is significantly fast enough. To the person asking about the protective cover, I got the standard BB leather one, and it does flip over to hold it up for reading/viewing.

However, I do have one problem, and maybe it's just my blonde roots. The basic instructions for the touchscreen motions indicates you can drag files/items around just by putting your finger on the item and dragging it to where you want it. However, mine won't move a single file...the other swipe moves work as they are supposed to, but I can't re-arrange my screen to my liking. Any pointers on what I may be doing wrong, or is this a problem with my tablet? Mine's a 16GB, one of the ones they price slashed for Black Friday.
    You have to keep your finger on the icon and they will all start "breathing" - NOW you can move them. Tap the check mark to fix in place on 1.0.8 - or tap anywhere on 2.0

On another note........the 16GB for my wife arrived today!! Got it from Best Buy online for $199 on the 24th bang on 8pm when the sale started - so it got here pretty quickly considering the holiday period. It's in perfect condition and setup was a breeze!
    12-29-11 01:48 AM
    I purchased my first playbook which is a 16GB back in Sept. I got it for approx $290 and then got the $100 rebate. Today I received my second Playbook this time a 64GB and for only around $240. Overall, I have been happy with them. There are a few things I'm still hoping to see, but I knew they weren't there when I bought it.
    JaimemarieG likes this.
    12-29-11 02:20 AM
    hello!!! i got my pb 16gb (though i wish i could get a 64gb one) for xmas and am excited to play around with it. i also have the torch and they pair very nicely. k off to go play
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-29-11 04:30 AM
    Hi! I'm a bit new here at CrackBerry.

I bought my 64gb Playbook back in October. Yeah, it's a bummer that I bought it at around $600 when it now sells for much less. But that's alright. As far as I'm concerned, it's still worth every dollar I spent on it.
    12-29-11 07:36 AM
    hello new to blackberry on a whole! just picked up my playbook this afternoon.
    really enjoying my playbook so far.
    a few things which i have not enjoyed quite as much as my experience on android (my phone is a htc desire hd)

the keyboard - doesnt suggest words or automatically do punctuation like capitals after full stops new paragraphs etc
    apps - people have harked on about this allready im hoping 2.0 will sort this out atleast the basic ones like im, email, facebook, twitter etc i only really play fruit ninja on my phone as far as games go and doodle jump the knock off version of fruit ninja on the bb app world is criminally bad. really hope they bring an email and im for google talk with video calling.
    browsing is quire pleasent but i find websites display checkered patches even with flash turned off. i also really dislike mobile versions of webites (even on my phone) is there anyway to stop this watered down rubbish being loaded instead of the full blown thing?

i kind of wish this ran android if i am honest just becuase im used to the apps but at the price 169 i thought it was a no brainer for what i want to do.

as far as hardware goes i cant fault it at the price, it easily blows other tablets out of the water in this price range and a few above it. im by far not a fan boy to android and would happily purchase apps i have on android if they where available here and at the same price. /rant

nice forum as well
    12-29-11 11:13 AM
    The web browser on mine is one of the highpoints , the sites load fast and look just like mini versions of the originals.

Very few sites default to there mobile versions.

And yeah, Google chat would be great.
    12-29-11 11:20 AM
    Got mine for xmas and so far so good. The multitasking is swift, got a 16gb.
    12-29-11 11:23 AM
    Got mine yesterday was too good to turn down for 170 well pleased!
    12-29-11 06:01 PM
    finally got my 16gg playbook. updated it right away to v2 beta. no issue so far all good. i've also tried side loading apps. all good too! cant wait for the official v2.
    12-29-11 06:16 PM
    I picked my 16GB Playbook on Tuesday. I'm loving it so far. Still trying to pick up on all the little tricks but I'm getting the hang of it. And my wife who didn't really want me to get it has been using it as well.

James
    12-29-11 06:19 PM
1,192 ... 3839404142 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD