12-28-14 03:04 AM
1,192 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Help!!!! I can't get past the BBID agreement page.
    04-19-11 09:32 AM
    finally got mine and its updating now, I saw a few other people besides myself excited to get into bestbuy to get there very own playbook.I'm glad I took this day off so I can spend time with my new toy
    04-19-11 09:33 AM
    Just picked mine up form Sears in Square one Mississauga Ontario.
    Was told the day before to be there at 10 the next morning when doors opened. walked in to my surprise with no one there. Was the first purchase
    Excited to play with it. Currently updating.

Have fun everyone with your new playbook
    04-19-11 09:43 AM
    friggin v.1690 is taking forever to download over our wifi network.
    8% down, 1hr 43mns to go!
    04-19-11 09:47 AM
    Surfing CB with my new 64. Picked up the charging stand too. Sweet.

Staples throws in a $200 coupon book. Stand came to $55 before taxes. Pricey but works and looks slick.
    04-19-11 09:50 AM
    friggin v.1690 is taking forever to download over our wifi network.
    8% down, 1hr 43mns to go!
    took me 10 min here ahah
    Download it quickly before more people are on the servers!
    04-19-11 09:54 AM
    So mine, finished updating and I've been playing with it. Bridge works great. Browsing through bridge works fine, if a bit slow. It, however, is the full playbook browsing experience, not the dumbed-down phone browser, so I'm very pleased.

The hardware is great and I love the feel. OS is nice and snappy.

The only things I'm missing so far (and I understand many of these are "coming soon") are:
    1) auto-correct when typing
    2) a native Evernote app
    3) a good, native e-reader app that allows side-loading of content (theoretically Kobo should, but I can't figure out how yet)
    4) Native Google mobile apps (Voice, maps, earth, gmail, etc.)
    5) a native OneNote app (probably will never happen, but I can hope)

Otherwise, I'm pleased as punch and having a ball playing with it!
    04-19-11 09:55 AM
    Zippy download here. LOVE, LOVE the qwerty keyboard. VERY nice. That's as far as I've gotten. Two minutes to go!
    04-19-11 10:10 AM
    took me 10 min here ahah
    Download it quickly before more people are on the servers!
    21% down after 45 mins. Keeps losing our crappy wifi signal too! WTF.

Is this what water boarding is like????
    04-19-11 10:12 AM
    The only things I'm missing so far (and I understand many of these are "coming soon") are:
    1) auto-correct when typing
    2) a native Evernote app
    3) a good, native e-reader app that allows side-loading of content (theoretically Kobo should, but I can't figure out how yet)
    4) Native Google mobile apps (Voice, maps, earth, gmail, etc.)
    5) a native OneNote app (probably will never happen, but I can hope)

Otherwise, I'm pleased as punch and having a ball playing with it!
    I will not even consider buying a Playbook until system wide autotext is in place. A highly underrated feature and one of the key reasons I continue to use a BlackBerry.

A native Evernote client would be great! You should write Evernote and ask them if they are working on it (I would but as I don't have one it seems a little premature).

Isn't there an Amazon Kindle app in the works? I seem to remember reading about it.
    04-19-11 10:15 AM
    Oh my goodness... this thing is awesome! Setup was a snap. Bridge to my 9000 is flawless. This is by far the most power tablet out there! Sorry... gotta run!
    04-19-11 10:16 AM
    Just switched my bestbuy.com preorder to an in-store one and walked out with my 32GB playbook. Doing the required pictures with my Torch as I type this.
    04-19-11 10:31 AM
    lovin it! 64gb bridged to my 9800 on att. Smooth as silk Cant wait to see what rim has in store next. Definitely needs autotext!
    04-19-11 10:39 AM
    Nice to see all these positive feedback! Gotta counter all the whiners haha
    Can't wait for mine to arrive!
    04-19-11 10:40 AM
    Just picked up at World's Biggest Book Store (Chapters/Indigo) in Toronto. Won't open until tonight as I have no wifi at work and am lazy to steal Apple's connection in Eaton Centre.
    I have been stocking up on Chapters/Indigo gift cards ever since I heard they would be selling them... I frequented Craigslist, Kijiji, Redflagdeals.

In total I paid $440 for $575 worth of store credit. So I pretty much got my PlayBook for over 20% off
    04-19-11 10:43 AM
    Does anyone know if there are any demo units at the store to test drive????

I really want to buy one, but I feel the need to get my hands on one before I fork over the cash. Thanks!
    04-19-11 10:46 AM
    I got one this morning from Staples. Just finished update and am getting ready to explore. One thing I've noticed. It seems very hot on the back where charger is plugged in. Anyone else notice this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-11 10:53 AM
    Ahhh this is KILLING me. I'm driving from Alaska to Puerto Rico in 25 days. I need every cent I can get my hands on for the road trip =( Not to mention when we GET to PR I won't have any money for a loooong time.

*sigh* Damn this IRL.
    04-19-11 10:56 AM
    Took the day off to pickup my 32gb. I was the 3rd in line and the first out the door. When i got home to do the update i noticed i have two dead pixels. I had to go back and exchange it. Doing the update on the new one as i type this and getting ready to spend the next couple of hours playing with it.
    04-19-11 10:58 AM
    Does anyone know if there are any demo units at the store to test drive????

I really want to buy one, but I feel the need to get my hands on one before I fork over the cash. Thanks!
    There should be a demo unit in each store, at least that was the case at Futureshop in downtown Toronto, where there were two test units.
    04-19-11 10:59 AM
    Got my PlayBook this morning at 9AM CST from BestBuy, got the update done successfully...having fun with it for sures, used the OTA on CB to get the Bridge App on my ATT Torch. WOOOOOT
    04-19-11 11:02 AM
    I'm driving from Alaska to Puerto Rico in 25 days.

What the F? in 25 days, or for 25 days??
    04-19-11 11:05 AM
    Woohoooo!! I got it. It was a long wait in front of office depot, but i got a 32gb. I'm so excited. Congrats everyone.
    04-19-11 11:05 AM
    The BlackBerry Bridge is seamless. All we need is BBM! The PlayBook manages everything for you. If there is Wi-Fi, it will use it for surfing....and only use tethering if there is no Wi-Fi. Bridge is on-demand....so once set up, that's it... everything just flows.

The iPad2 is not even in the same league. Seriously.
    04-19-11 11:12 AM
    Grabbed a 32GB here in Birmingham, AL - mainly for watching videos and using Flash; to compliment my iPad 2....loving it so far!
    04-19-11 11:17 AM
1,192 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD