12-28-14 04:04 AM
1,192 ... 3738394041 ...
tools
    guys.. i ordered my playbooks (2) on Nov 23 to ship to canada. it showed as shipped on dec 5 (no email notification until i called in and they "re-sent" it to me). not a useable tracking number (USPS crap number). my buddy ordered one on nov 30, he just got his yesterday via fedex (didn't pay for any special shipping and ordered same playbook model... 7 days later).

i'm either getting it this week via snail mail crap or my order is lost in the crap system/process of shopblackberry.com

who's in my situation?
    12-13-11 05:39 PM
    Picked up mine today at office depot for 199. I use a blackberry bold for work and thought this would be a perfect addition.
    12-18-11 04:58 PM
    Just got mine an hour ago.....its taking ages to update the OS. like over an hour !
    Is your connection to the Internet via dial-up MODEM? Yes, MODEM is the correct spelling and capitalization for the original dial-up MODulator DEModulator device. These days modem is used because the modulation-demodulation bares little resemblance to those dial-up days. Oh the memories of the squealing MODEMs as they negotiated with each other to establish a connection.
    12-18-11 07:43 PM
    Unfortunately, when I take a picture (on my 9810) with a flash, I get (aaaaaaarrgghh!!!)
    fingerprints.....

12-18-11 08:55 PM
    Just got mine an hour ago.....its taking ages to update the OS. like over an hour !

Here is my Grand Daughter Anya modeling it.

Click to view quoted image
    Hallelujah!!! Congrats! Now you can come out and post in the other sub-forums.

Mazel tov.
    12-18-11 09:00 PM
    Unfortunately, when I take a picture (on my 9810) with a flash, I get (aaaaaaarrgghh!!!)
    fingerprints.....

Click to view quoted image
    Nice pirana.
    12-18-11 09:02 PM
    Is your connection to the Internet via dial-up MODEM? Yes, MODEM is the correct spelling and capitalization for the original dial-up MODulator DEModulator device. These days modem is used because the modulation-demodulation bares little resemblance to those dial-up days. Oh the memories of the squealing MODEMs as they negotiated with each other to establish a connection.
    No Modem here but we just have a very slow connection.
    12-18-11 09:21 PM
    i supose i should throw my thumns down on this as well. got mine mid november, as the sale started in my area, sold my iphone, got a torch 9860 and i love it. best combo ever. it should be said im an apple tech for a living, been an apple user since before the lisa so this is a big deal for me. gotta love the PB.
    12-18-11 09:35 PM
    Oh yeah! The squeal! I was watching the movie, "You've Got Mail," (on my PB, Amazon Prime instant video) and what a trip down memory lane with the dial up sights and sounds and the ubiquitous AOL greeting. Remember when AOL was everything. LOL
    12-18-11 10:25 PM
    Oh yeah! The squeal! I was watching the movie, "You've Got Mail," (on my PB, Amazon Prime instant video) and what a trip down memory lane with the dial up sights and sounds and the ubiquitous AOL greeting. Remember when AOL was everything. LOL
    wow wouldn't that be a great email notification for playbook native email? "You've got mail" lol!
    12-18-11 11:34 PM
    wow wouldn't that be a great email notification for playbook native email? "You've got mail" lol!
    *faint* OH NO !!!
    12-18-11 11:44 PM
    I got my PB the monday after Black Friday and love it, its one of those types of things I didn't know I needed until I had it. I was amazed at this thing as my previous experience owning a Blackberry Product was mediocre.
    gideon59 likes this.
    12-19-11 12:39 AM
    "I turn on my computer. I wait impatiently as it connects. I go online, and my breath catches in my chest until I hear three little words: You've got mail. I hear nothing. Not even a sound on the streets of New York, just the beating of my own heart. I have mail. From you."
    collapsed likes this.
    12-19-11 09:57 AM
    I got my Playbook last week byt the grace of one Awsome sales rep. I am turning in my Ipad2 today. Playbook lacks in apps, but as with all BB products. It Kills in the business intigration! The bridge works so smoothly and I can't wait for 2.0!
    12-19-11 10:22 AM
    got a 32gigs PB as my bday gift...
    and really love it!
    12-19-11 05:58 PM
    When does 2.0 come out?

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk
    12-19-11 06:29 PM
    When does 2.0 come out?

Mid Feb if we are lucky.
    12-19-11 07:52 PM
    I missed the Black Friday sale, but today I got the 32 GB for $250.00! I'm super excited!!!
    12-19-11 08:01 PM
    I've been reading some articles and doing some catch up from many months ago when I first researched the pb. This thing is gonna be brilliant in Feb. Its a great ui already. Probably the best and it will get Droid apps in Feb. I take it we will not be able to access the android market. We will most likely have to go through the app world? What ever it will still be great.

12-19-11 09:00 PM
    got mine over the weekend and it was free from work...luv the bridge feature it make my life so much easier...but I hate my darrier right now because they have no answer to my tethering setting(access point, user name and password) questions...its driving me nuts I have just been in the bridge browser and it can be pretty slow...
    12-20-11 01:52 AM
    i got mine last week. ive been through all the week to play with mine. what i can say that playbook is awesome and i love it so much!
    i just updated my playbook yesterday to os2.0 from 1.0.8.6167 (official). maybe you all had facing with some problem with this beta os.
    just wanna ask, most of you are using official os (1.0.8.6067) or beta 2.0 for your new playbook?
    which one are you really satisfied with?
    12-26-11 06:33 AM
    I got mine on 21st of december and I love it.
    Hope 32gb will be enough...having some troubles getting .avis to work...
    Uploaded some shows on my pb but some episodes work, while some don't T_T

Overall it's an AWESOMEE <3 device. I can't care less when someone tells me "galaxy tab ftw, playbook sucks" <3
    12-26-11 07:25 AM
    Santa Clause was good this year. Got a new Playbook and so did my son, so we have 2 in the house. Setting up Blackberry Bridge was flawless. About 2 weeks ago I got a new Torch 9850. It is going to be a good 2012!
    12-26-11 08:17 AM
    i got my playbook yesterday.. i somehow managed to find an employee priced one and am now extremely happy to say that i am now the proud owner of a 64gb blackberry playbook
    mud314 likes this.
    12-26-11 05:57 PM
    I got my Playbook a couple of weeks ago from buy.com. I have the 32GB. I purchased the OtterBox case for it and just a couple of days ago got a mini HDMI cable. I am very satisfied with my Playbook. The only thing that I am not happy with is I also have a BB Torch 9800 and for the life of me I can not see any files on my Torch while looking for them through the BB Bridge on my Playbook. All it shows is O Bytes. I did purchase File Browser, and that is no help at all. I did not get the Bridge app from the App store but instead the one that was posted on this forum for us AT&T customers. Everything else works fine. I am waiting for the official 2.0 release before I upgrade to it.
    12-26-11 06:12 PM
1,192 ... 3738394041 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD