12-28-14 03:04 AM
1,192 ... 3132333435 ...
tools
    well,i finally have it. i must say, very excited. using it on my 6 hour trip to ottawa.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-11 02:39 PM
    I received my second PB. I purchased a 16GB originally with the Staples $100 off but returned it. I could not find a use in my life for a tablet. However, with the recent $349 sale for a 64GB using my Staples Advantage account, I was sold. + the $100 rebate card, it was a no-brainer.

I still don't have a huge need for it in my life, but it is a $250 toy
    09-14-11 07:10 PM
    my 32gb PB was delivered yesterday, so far i love it! BUT, i am having trouble with bridge web browsing via ATT. Tether connection complete; when i try to use bridge browser i get a message telling me to add tethering service plan. There are several posts on cb about PB bridge and sharing 3G connection w/ PB. Am i missing something?
    That's AT&T for you. You have to pay extra to use the data while tethering.
    09-14-11 11:24 PM
    I have been a "PlayBook" owner more than a week and loving my experience, just a pity that I had to purchase a "16gig version" but selling it today. I managed to get hold of a tablet 64gb version from Staples via a friend residing in "America" she will be now shipping the device to South Africa, but not sure if it will pass customs or should she wrap it as a gift. Advice plz

Richard - please contact me ASAP. Thank you.
    09-15-11 06:59 AM
    I got my 16GB playbook last night from Staples.com. I got it for $449-$200-$30 coupons for total of $230 shipped. Still have to submit the $100 Gift Card from Blackberry. So $130 for a 16GB Playbook not bad.
    09-15-11 01:47 PM
    I've got mine! w00t!!! Works well paired with my 9930 too.
    09-15-11 03:13 PM
    I don't care if they promise a discount. I don't care if the press is spreading the hate. I think QNX is a damn fine technology, and I decided to grab a Playbook to complement my BB Bold 9930.

I do think RIM has its work cut out for it, and it could very well go through a near death experience. But contrarian that I am, I think they are good enough to weather it.

I will also scrape together a bit of cash and possibly buy an amount of stock (I could pull together, like 10 shares or something like that).

In all seriousness - while RIM has a lot of hard work and rough times in the immediate future, they have the right plan ahead of them, and as long as they do not panic, they will succeed. The analysts are overreacting.
    09-16-11 02:48 PM
    Got mine TODAY as a birthday gift from my fiance! What a good man! I couldn't stop kissing him, to even open the box. I've heard so many good things and done a lot of web researching on it(crackberry comments, Youtube, etc,) that I knew that it was the device to get over the IPad. I am a BB phone user so it makes it even sweeter. I am really, I mean really excited about this PB and looking foward to the updates! Loving this gift!!!
    09-17-11 05:54 AM
    My 16GB model arrived today - just under 200 from eBay. I am absolutely in love with this device (which is ridiculous) and especially chuffed because the seller threw in the official folding deck-chair style leather cover, which wasn't mentioned in the ad:-)

Screen resolution is glorious and I am really enjoying the web experience.

Not bad for someone who couldn't see the point of tablet computers up until about 6 weeks ago:-)
    09-17-11 07:58 AM
    Welcome new owners. I see all of the whining crying and bit__ing on here didn't discourage you. It did for me for a couple months but then I took a leap of faith and bought one since I didn't want any of the other ones that were out at the time.

I'm not sorry about buying one but not blind to things that need tweaking and function that needs to be added but 2.0 should take care of most of that. I'm not blind to think that 2.0 isn't going to need some tweaking too. After all QNX is new for RIM and tablets and soon smartphones.
    09-17-11 08:05 AM
    my 32gb PB was delivered yesterday, so far i love it! BUT, i am having trouble with bridge web browsing via ATT. Tether connection complete; when i try to use bridge browser i get a message telling me to add tethering service plan. There are several posts on cb about PB bridge and sharing 3G connection w/ PB. Am i missing something?
    That's b/c it's AT&T and their dumb policies. You didn't miss anything. Good news: there's a workaround (I'm also on AT&T so I've been through this). You need to download the OTA version of the Bridge app from your phone's browser. (Bridge app via Appworld won't work with AT&T). This allows you to bridge your PB to the phone and use the phone's 3g without paying a dime! It's bridging and NOT tethering, so that's why you don't have to pay.

Go here on your phone's browser to download:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-6-5-a-621230/

Hope that helps
    09-17-11 09:10 AM
    Hey guys didn't think I would ever get to post in this thread but I now have a PB on order from Staples.

Guy hooked me up with a $200 off and a $25 off coupon. I am looking at 450-200-25-100 (RIM MC) so I am looking at around $150 for the PB considering the cost of the Coupons.

Cant wait to get it!
    09-17-11 07:29 PM
    My 64 GB Playbook just arrived here in Sweden from an EBay seller in Montreal. I paid $500 US +$50 for shipping. RIM has a very small footprint here in Sweden and I haven't seen the Playbook available from anyone locally.

I like it a lot so far! Web browsing experience is nice and I have been able to bridge to my 9700 (OS 6) and use my data plan on the PB. Looking forward to the 2.0 update for native email mostly...
    09-18-11 03:12 AM
    I have been a BB phone user for many years so I was excited to get my hands on a Playbook yesterday (32GB) but….it hasn;t taken long for the excitement to fade. I instantly fell in love with my BBM Smartphone but I am not having the same experience here. Firstly, the ebook readers are awful and according to crackberry I have tried "the best ones". Reading books is far easier on the phone via Mobi. It is such a pity as the Playbook would be the ideal size.

E-mail and BBM are only possible when the phone is tethered (so no good when travelling abroad as data plan would explode and therefore I'll have to carry my netbook as the playbook browser cannot load my webmail "too many redirects" ) and are nowhere near as good (obviously easier to read but that aside). BBm gives less info and e-mail is so stripped of functionalty that i can;t see me using it instead of the phone's e-mail.

Over the "bridge" it claims the phone's video and music files are not there - only unsupported formats!

May be just me getting used to it but so far…..I’d take it back if I could.

Or maybe I just am using it wrongly and can get some answers on these forums
    09-18-11 04:21 AM
    Izzy_Clarke:

You have definitely hit on the pb's weaknesses. And I'm not sure that there is a workaround at the moment for some of the things you've highlighted.

Maybe OS2, if it really comes, will address some of them. I still have doubts that videos located on the phone will play through Bluetooth (the bridge method) on the pb but I could be proved wrong.
    09-18-11 09:23 AM
    Izzy_Clarke:

You have definitely hit on the pb's weaknesses. And I'm not sure that there is a workaround at the moment for some of the things you've highlighted.

Maybe OS2, if it really comes, will address some of them. I still have doubts that videos located on the phone will play through Bluetooth (the bridge method) on the pb but I could be proved wrong.
    Well, thanks for the confirmation - disappointing though it is!
    09-18-11 02:47 PM
    I'm writing this from my PlayBook and I couldn't be happier with my purchase. I have been using it for everything from viewing powerpoints for school to taking notes in class. I have yet to find something that it doesn't do for me...
    My brother ordered a bunch of them and gave me a deal. If you do not have one yet and want one, shoot him an email (lukeroz@gmail.com). This is a must get gadget that easily blows other tablets out of the water!!
    09-19-11 05:02 PM
    Just purchased a brand new PB last night, just waiting for it to be shipped.

I didnt think i really had a need for a tablet until i actually was using a friends for a weekend.

Now i absolutely cannot wait to receive my own!!!
    09-19-11 06:04 PM
    I got my pb about about a week ago and I absolutely love it.

My only 2 gripes is the lack of the auto caps/double space period and no kindle.

Other than that I love it!

09-19-11 09:10 PM
    Just ordered mine!!!!! I can't wait to get it (probably tomorrow because I payed for next day shipping)

Was it a bad idea to order from amazon?? I did it for the no tax and cheap shipping ...

Either way - I can't wait to get and pair it with my new 9930!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-19-11 09:23 PM
    purchased my playbook a week ago, cant put it down for no more than 10min in a row lol!!!!
    09-20-11 12:37 AM
    Got my Playbook 64GB today, and my BB9930 3 weeks ago, love them both.
    09-21-11 12:08 AM
    Got mine as well. Thanks Staples for the awesome deal and RIM for the extra $100 GC.

Pairing with my Bold 9930 is awesome. MUCH faster than with my old 9650.
    09-21-11 08:41 AM
    Yeay!! Finally i am a PB owner!

Seriously…i'm so glad i got one. In my opinion this is a really underated tablet. All the bezel swipes….genius! With more updates to come, my PB going to rock!

I did all the research before jumping in…i think PB suits my need. Hopefully RIM will address all the issues some are facing but for now i'm happy as it is.
    09-22-11 05:13 PM
    Got my PlayBook yesterday.....again. Had 1 launch day, was not impressed, returned it.

Missed it, got a new Bold 9900, needed a PlayBook to go with it. VERY happy now.
    09-22-11 06:38 PM
1,192 ... 3132333435 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD