12-28-14 04:04 AM
1,192 ... 2930313233 ...
tools
    I know this might not be the right thread for this, but could someone do me a quick favor? I'm considering purchasing a Playbook, but none of the local Best Buys have a demo unit, so I can't check it out myself.

Could you go to own3D.tv - Live! Your Game and check to see if the videos there will run smoothly on the Playbook. Yeah yeah, I know it's fairly nerdy, but I enjoy watching some of the streams there and it would be nice to know if the Playbook can handle it.

Thanks in advance.
    07-24-11 11:54 PM
    I checked it out and while its not my cup of tea for sure it definitely runs smooth! I got my Playbook a week ago and im amazed at what it does. i would highly recommend it to anyone looking to buy a tablet.
    07-25-11 12:37 AM
    Got my playbook for $480 AUD / 24 month repayments with Vodafone Australia. The 16gb model, its my birthday present.

I've always been a Blackberry fan but currently have a Galaxy S phone, and wanted something different from a tablet. The High Res screen, weight and size is just right for me, I love the polished look.

I've installed Android Player and successfully got TapaTalk and Amazon Kindle working on that, which were the two main android apps I used on my Galaxy so i'm pretty happy with that!

Loading it up with music and tv shows now
    07-25-11 02:49 AM
    I checked it out and while its not my cup of tea for sure it definitely runs smooth! I got my Playbook a week ago and im amazed at what it does. i would highly recommend it to anyone looking to buy a tablet.
    Thanks trylons, I really appreciate it!
    07-25-11 09:04 AM
    i just unboxed mine!!!! happppppy!
    07-25-11 01:26 PM
    I was going to buy it along with the Bold 9900 when that came out but I COULD NOT WAIT and it just came in the mail today and I'm so excited.

Currently loading the new software but it looks great and won't dissapoint!
    07-25-11 07:40 PM
    I got mine yesterday from staples, and those sons of bitches sold me an opened box playbook. I'm outside the U.S. and can't return it. So pissed but at least it seems to be fine, no dead pixels.

I do like it a lot, and do think that some reviewers did over rate the bad things. The ipad might have an app for everything, but with all the flash content in the internet it's hard to not find something that works.
    07-25-11 09:38 PM
    I bought my 16mb playbook sunday, everything worked great out of the box. More apps would be nice, but the bridge, browser and microsoft apps are amazing.

I initially paid full at best buy, but used the Staples coupon to get a credit today thanks to this forum. The manager initially refused to honor to coupon, the clerk had to call the corporate support for approval and they quickly ok'd the credit.
    Last edited by zipline; 07-26-11 at 11:32 PM.
    07-26-11 11:29 PM
    I finally purchased a PlayBook today, and I used the Staples coupon. It worked without a hitch. I'm loving it so far. Being able to use BBM on this is pretty sweet.
    07-30-11 03:34 AM
    Just got it last night. I wasn't sure if I'd really use a tablet all that much, but I'm telling you, this thing is sweet. Form factor is the best. Just sort of pick it up and set it down around the house to check a website here or there.

A useful, and gorgeous, appliance. Now please just make the OS7 touchscreen be worthy of my dollars. I am sick of my ancient 9530 and do not want to be forced to Android/iPhone...
    07-30-11 06:18 PM
    I got mine today. Updating to 1.0.7.2670 as I type.
    07-30-11 08:05 PM
    got one yesterday
    07-31-11 04:14 PM
    got mine last sunday. loving it extremely!
    08-02-11 08:55 AM
    I missed this thread but only joined the site Yesterday. I got mine a month ago after waiting for the HP Touchpad but ultimately seeing how much better the Playbook already was.
    08-02-11 12:34 PM
    1 hour and 20 minutes in to my new playbook and this is definitely the best thing i've done all year
    08-02-11 05:22 PM
    PB 64G from staples in Williams Lake BC. Paid full price and don't care....this is AWESOME!
    08-02-11 07:21 PM
    Welcome and it is a nice little device, still needs some things but working for me right now beside not having a yahoo IM app.
    08-02-11 07:23 PM
    I bought my 64GB PlayBook at Office Depot last Friday using the $100 Staples coupon. They happily took my money and I got the only 64GB unit they had in stock.

The store model was struggling with very outdated software and a lousy dsl connection. All of the tablets had a hard time with the dsl. The PlayBook was not with the other tablets but was at a separate display in the main aisle. Strange location.

After getting it home I updated the software and apps with no problems that evening. The next day I installed the OTA version of Bridge on my Bold 9700 and connected up the first time with no problem. The PlayBook and Bridge have worked perfect since then.

Everything I have done with it so far has worked fine.

I could not be happier with the device and how it works with my Bold. What a wonderful device. I hope RIM can be more successful in getting the word out on how good this tablet is.
    08-03-11 12:14 PM
    I just purchased my 16GB Playbook last night. Didn't know about the Staples coupon before it had expired. So far I'm loving this device although it would be really nice if apps could access the Internet via the bridge just like the bridge browser.

I've been using mine so much that my screen is already full of fingerprints!
    08-03-11 02:18 PM
    I just purchased my 16GB Playbook last night. Didn't know about the Staples coupon before it had expired. So far I'm loving this device although it would be really nice if apps could access the Internet via the bridge just like the bridge browser.

I've been using mine so much that my screen is already full of fingerprints!
    If you have a Tethering plan (depending on your carrier) then all your apps can access the internet. It's normally a bit faster than Bridge too.
    08-03-11 02:24 PM
    Just sold my brother and a good friend on getting a couple.

My bro just has too much money and doesn't know what to do with it, plus he's probably a little jealous after hearing me talk about mine so much.

My friend is actually a very intelligent guy that works with NASA and the military, but besides the easy sell on the security, I think he'll actually find it quite a handy tool and toy.

So chalk up a couple more.
    08-03-11 11:36 PM
    Got mine last week with the staples coupon. Nice customer service rep even found the coupon online and printed it out for me.

One thing about the playbook i hate is the fact i cant listen to music on youtube and play a game. Or us datpiff app and open another app without the music cutting off. I thought this was true mulitasking device 0_o or am i missing another update.

I also hate if im jumping around between tabs sometimes the page will just reload.
    08-04-11 12:49 PM
    go to settings under general for application behavior chose showcase
    Mel25 likes this.
    08-04-11 12:50 PM
    go to settings under general for application behavior chose showcase
    What will this fix?

I posted 2 problems the reloading of pages and my apps not running the background especially music apps such as dat piff.

Thanks for your help also.
    08-04-11 12:57 PM
    got mine a couple of weeks ago and its the best gadget i have so far, although i still can't get bbm to work on pb but apart from that it's sweet!
    08-04-11 12:59 PM
1,192 ... 2930313233 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD