12-28-14 03:04 AM
1,192 ... 2324252627 ...
tools
    Received mine from Amazon 10 days ago...................so love it, works well with my Torch, no problems so far, just getting to know it.
    06-12-11 03:07 PM
    Just collected my 16GB and bridged with my 9700 Bold it works flawlessly, both on Wifi and tethered

I think Rim will shape this into a fantastic device, given time and opportunity. Im sticking with it
    06-13-11 06:14 AM
    Got my 16GB PlayBook a week now and loving it more and more every day.

And I think we PlayBook owners are pioneers with this new QNX Operating System.

If the PlayBook is already this good, then I know the future will bring us more!
    06-13-11 06:45 AM
    Just picked up my 64GB Playbook last night, one work "awesome". I don't see what all the fuss was about the power button, mine works great everytime.
    06-13-11 01:14 PM
    Ordered mine from Dixons online 18th May (Pre order). Was dispatched yesterday and DHL tracking info shows as 'Out for delivery' so may get it before the official UK release date! Anyway whatever happens can't wait. On top of that Orange have officially released OS6 for the 9700 so updated that last night too. I'm on BlackBerry overload!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    06-14-11 02:58 AM
    Got my 32gb playbook yesterday!! Love it!! Especially I got it for $525 cdn!
    06-14-11 07:39 AM
    Just got mine now, 2 days before the official UK release date. Downloading a 323MB update.
    06-14-11 07:58 AM
    Just got mine now, 2 days before the official UK release date. Downloading a 323MB update.
    WHAT! Where did you order it from???????
    06-14-11 08:00 AM
    Dixons online 18th May. Can't believe it was dispatched and delivered so fast! Very impressed with Dixons and DHL AND RIM for getting them out ahead of schedule.
    06-14-11 08:03 AM
    Dixons online 18th May. Can't believe it was dispatched and delivered so fast! Very impressed with Dixons and DHL AND RIM for getting them out ahead of schedule.
    Very happy for you mate BUT I AM VERY ENVIOUS as I even called up Dixons just now to ask if they had them for dispatch and they said NO, 16th is the delivery date!!!!! Dam, I went with CPW and will have to wait until Thursday......Really pleased for you big time and am sitting here BUZZING like a mad fool frothing and just WAITING!!!!!!!!!!!!
    wellard likes this.
    06-14-11 08:06 AM
    I feel for you mate. I am very surprised to have it so early though, never expected that. Hope you receive it before the 16th, fingers crossed.
    magician1 likes this.
    06-14-11 08:11 AM
    I have had mine for 2 days and am going crazy - I was waiting to buy a 64 GB when I got my Torch in July, entered a contest for a special edition T-shirt for Need for Speed on EA Mobile, when it said I won something and went to FedEx and it was a 16 GB special edition Playbook.

Happy happy joy joy...

And to my fellow (nice to say that!) PB enthusiasts around the world - your turn is coming!
    06-14-11 02:49 PM
    I have had mine for 2 days and am going crazy - I was waiting to buy a 64 GB when I got my Torch in July, entered a contest for a special edition T-shirt for Need for Speed on EA Mobile, when it said I won something and went to FedEx and it was a 16 GB special edition Playbook.

Happy happy joy joy...

And to my fellow (nice to say that!) PB enthusiasts around the world - your turn is coming!
    wow very nice!
    06-14-11 03:07 PM
    Just got my 32GB PlayBook today in the uk, two days before official release day! WIN!
    06-14-11 04:33 PM
    How is it???????
    06-14-11 04:41 PM
    How is it???????
    It's brilliant, set up was straight foward and very easy. The update didn't take long to download and had it connected to my 9700 without issue. In fact the bridge feature is great, works perfectly very impressed.

Just put a load of business files on it via the network over wi-fi which is another great feature. Still trying to work out how to create folders in the pictures and video app, seems I can create them but they don't show on the pb, but I'm sure I'll figure it out.

Let's hope you get your pb soon.
    06-15-11 07:31 AM
    OK, Spoke again to the CPW and one said No way man, it's not even in the country!!! (OK)......why is it then that my local branch has 1 x 16gb 1 x 32gb and 1 x 64gb in stock but they cannot sell them until their system aloows them too which will be tomorrow!!! MMMMMMMMM
    Then I ring again and they say OHH NO, none in and no chance although I have pre-ordered!
    3rd time lucky! Phoned up and went to the top, now we are getting somewhere. YES, my allocated one is in the warehouse and they are a good few thousand that is being prepped and ready to send anytime, even my case and rapid charger is there too! So he said sit tight and should get an email by the end of close today with tracking.
    LET'S HOPE!!!!!
    I was even thinking about getting a refund and getting down in the morning to my local branch of cpw to buy one, but then they did not have the case and charger and I am just excited about getting the whole lot. Here's to an email or text alert with out tracking on my good people of Berryness
    06-15-11 09:57 AM
    Picked up a 32GB from my Local CarPhone Warehouse this lunchtime..
    Love the look and feel of it so far..
    06-16-11 08:12 AM
    Yo what up ppl! I got mine!
    06-16-11 10:15 AM
    just picked up mine from carphone warehouse (possibly the longest day at work ever waiting for 5pm!)

literally took it out the box 15 minutes ago and started on the setup so i'm currently staring at a "Downloading Update" screen.

First impressions:

- Heavier than i was expecting, but has a quality feel to it, well balanced and feels as though it'll stand up to a few knocks (not that i'll be trying it!)

- Really like the rubberised backing, same as my curve, nice in the hand compared to certain iDevices

- Screen is very responsive and keyboard is rather nice to use (seemed it from putting in the password for the wifi anyway)

- Could be a bit more obvious about the swiping on the initial setup, having watched a lot of reviews i was assuming it meant swipe from the bezel or on centre screen, rather than the little bar at the bottom. Then again, they do say if you make something eejit proof, they'll just make a better eejit!

Probably post some more thoughts later on, but chuffed so far
    06-16-11 11:50 AM
    mines delayed i preordered some time ago, went for the p4u offer of a 9300 on o2 and the 16gb for 99. The reason mines delayed P4U have the Playbook but not the 9300 wtf, thats been out for ages you would think they could get stock of that in in time for the order to ship!
    06-16-11 01:43 PM
    Got mine too, only just home from work as I had to do some overtime (helps pay for the Playbook, right?). Just updating the OS at the moment....
    06-16-11 05:11 PM
    12 Hours of Playbook & I'm happy Doing what it says on the box...Can only get better with new OS Upgrades.....
    Getting very close to being able to ditch the Laptop....

WW
    06-16-11 05:20 PM
    (Hopefully) taking Delivery of mine from Vodafone Corp in the morning.. ! - it was paid for out of our company Tech Fund, so its not cost us a red cent!! :-D
    06-16-11 05:20 PM
    On it now! Have been on this solid for 7 hrs and it is awesome. Just so easy to set up and use. Spent a few pounds i a few apps for fun and do like the scrapbook app and lots of fun so is that addictive game (excuse me while I swipe up and check out the name of the app.....DOODLEBLAST.
    Loaded it up on the tv for fun with a hdmi cable and Awesome!
    Great device
    06-16-11 05:25 PM
1,192 ... 2324252627 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD