12-28-14 04:04 AM
1,192 ... 2223242526 ...
tools
    Got mine last Thursday thanks to a EBay seller who imported some to Australia.

Best purchase ever. Can't wait for the improvements.
    06-05-11 05:39 AM
    I go the 16 gig version and everything seems to be goo like the bridge but hate the fact i have to pay verizon for an addition tether charge for internet connectivity when not near wifi. Poynt and Bing will not work unless the have a connection first. GPPS way slow. but after buying the Xoom and the HTC flyer and hating them both mostly due to honeycomb i will keep my playbook and work on the kinks.

Andy
    decided the kinks were too much for me to deal with!
    06-05-11 10:58 AM
    I got mine the day it came our - 32gb.

Love that it's an wonderful extension to my BBs. Got one for work and one personal. Its great that I can switch them easily with the playbook. iPad users just don't understand that.
    06-05-11 05:15 PM
    I'm officially a member of this club. I picked up a 32 gig for a steel. I'm currently typing on it and trying to figure out tricks and tips. The first thing I need to figure out is spell check. Thanks to crackberry I know I will learn everything I need to know.

I've got to add that I'm liking it more then I thought I would!
    06-05-11 08:11 PM
    just got my pb update and bridge went smooth now to learn to handle this bad boy
    06-05-11 10:47 PM
    Got my playbook as a birthday gift last month. What a feeling

First or maybe on of the first to get it since Playbook ain't even launched yet in Dubai, due to officially release on June 15.

Steal deal for a 32gig.

But am a bit disappointed not sure if you guys face similar problem. The photos i click with the 5 megapixel camera come out grainy, my bold 9650 clicks better pictures.

Comments?

Is there a fix or correction of settings that can be made. Secondly any idea on knowing what resolution size is the camera clicking at?

Cheers
    06-06-11 03:08 AM
    ^ what is the lighting like with these pictures? in bright, well lit situations, i think the playbook camera is pretty decent. there's still a tiny bit of grain if you really nitpick, but it's not bad. low light though, it's awful. and obviously a lack of a flash really hurts. what's the quality look like in video?
    06-06-11 11:08 AM
    Got my 16gb this morning! Web very fast over wifi, and not too shabby over the bridge connection either, especially when I have 3G on my torch!

Love the fact it connects to an external display via hdmi, bbm is slightly slow and sometimes crashes/not loads but I'm sure an update will come for that soon! Love how once it is seen/replied to on the PB it stops the notifications on my BB. HD video quality is unbelievable, love the size, however the power and volume buttons are a bit difficult to use.

Youtube and even megavideo are great quality! Ipad couldn't do this good!

Love my PB already - can't wait for the updates, great potential!
    06-06-11 01:10 PM
    Got my 16GB on day one. Just got a Pearl to use with it until the new phones are released. I was trying to wait but it looks like it will be a while. Can't believe how much better it works with the Pearl instead of over wifi. First BB devices I have ever owned and I am glad I did it.
    06-06-11 11:08 PM
    I got my 32GB on April 19th. Just never bothered to add to this thread. But since I'm bored waiting for the update tonight, here it is! I got my PlayBook!
    06-07-11 12:29 AM
    how much did you pay for yours?
    06-07-11 07:21 AM
    ^ what is the lighting like with these pictures? in bright, well lit situations, i think the playbook camera is pretty decent. there's still a tiny bit of grain if you really nitpick, but it's not bad. low light though, it's awful. and obviously a lack of a flash really hurts. what's the quality look like in video?
    Hey powderbanks the pictures were taken during daylight was like 10 in the morning. Inside the apartment, morning light in my apartment is bright.

video was fine in a well lit room. Which is why i found it strange.
    06-07-11 09:47 AM
    i got mine from devicewire it took 5 days to get here got it for a bargain price 349 ? is that a good price ?
    06-07-11 12:31 PM
    I just got mine last night off craigslist for $290 16gb. But i feel i got a good deal. So far so good, I do have some gripes after a few hours of play time on it compared to my ipad. netflix, battery life, charging times, email, etc. but trolling the boards here i see many people have the same gripes. nice to know im not alone. and for god sakes SKYPE FOR PLAYBOOK PLEASE!!
    06-08-11 12:44 PM
    got mine won it...paid $0 which makes it so much sweeter
    06-08-11 02:39 PM
    Just got my 32g today and I'm happy as a clam. After reading the posts in this forum and all the reviews i could find, I feel as though this device will take care of all i want and then some. A proud owner and BB fan that was born to slay iSheep!!! Keep the updates comin RIM!
    06-08-11 06:02 PM
    Just got my 32g today and I'm happy as a clam. After reading the posts in this forum and all the reviews i could find, I feel as though this device will take care of all i want and then some. A proud owner and BB fan that was born to slay iSheep!!! Keep the updates comin RIM!
    Congrats! Got my 32GB on Saturday (just in time for the update!) and no issues other than a change of router. Very happy with my PB as well
    06-08-11 06:08 PM
    I got my 32GB Playbook exactly 2 weeks ago today and I absolutely love it! I have to admit I was very close to buying the ipad2 but I am so glad that I didn't. This forum helped me to make my final decision. I love everything about the Playbook thus far...I will admit I am patiently waiting for more apps...particularly the Kindle app so that I can start reading alot of the book that I have already purchased.
    06-08-11 11:26 PM
    I'll tell ya what, I was swayed for a nanosecond by 3 bro-in-laws of mine that are Appleheads (one of them works for them!) About getting an iPad2,but I wanted to get a functional tablet with good browsing capability and, quite frankly, after owning 4 diff iPods including the latest Touch, I'm just really tired of iOS. I bridged my Bold to it right out the box after the update and I haven't experienced much drag in the browser so far.....this thing is slick
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-11 11:42 PM
    This Monday I received my American 32 GB one So far I'm in love with it! Charging through my EU Torch's cable, updating & bridging went like a breeze.

And to top it all off, I got the update the next day

So far just 1 unresponsive app (Moon Viewer) deleted and one freeze & soft reset counted (docs to go crashed on me )

It hasn't left my side yet!
    06-09-11 08:40 AM
    Just got a 64GB model. I'm still trying to figure out what I'm going to use it for, since I'm not able to edit Office documents on it (or so I've been told). In any event, since I didn't pay for it, no harm, no foul. Keeping an open mind.
    06-09-11 03:34 PM
    Hi Everyone
    I'm new to This forum
    it is great to join this Forum, hope i'm welcome in
    You're most welcome!
    06-10-11 10:26 AM
    Well I got my PlayBook again. I returned my first one 13 days after the release date. I was disappointed with the lack of features. But I just couldn't stay away and I am hoping Rim comes thru soon with more updates at least the basic email,spell check auto correct. I can live without 1000s of apps but nothing beats having PIM on a device. I have the iPad 2 but like the form factor of the PlayBook.
    06-10-11 01:54 PM
    im on my new playbook 32gig right now!!! i love it and it works well with my torch.

soooooooo love it!!!!!!
    06-10-11 07:06 PM
    Pre-ordered 32GB from Currys UK for Thursday delivery (fingers crossed). Gonna enjoy the build up and then have the 9900 to look forward to afterwards.
    06-11-11 03:21 PM
1,192 ... 2223242526 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD