12-28-14 03:04 AM
1,192 ... 2122232425 ...
tools
    got mine a week ago, 32g, and and I'm loving it.! I'll be glad to see more apps as time passes. Really looking forward to the Android ap coming out his summer. Also looking forward to the Kindle and Nook apps the should be coming out soon. Also looking forward to the email app that is rumored to come out. And of course the Netflix app. The hardware sure blows the iPad 2 away, in my view. Once RIM adds a few improvements to the OS and keyboard, the PB will surely be one awesome machine.. I'll be waiting and enjoying my PB!!!
    05-23-11 10:05 PM
    UK user here, ordered mine yesterday from Amazon.co.uk and it arrived this morning! Anxiously waiting to finish work and play with it!

Cost me 349.99 for the 16GB model.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-11 05:03 AM
    Hey there,

Now I've had my Blackberry Playbook for a few weeks now, and I couldn't be happier. I'm a huge fan of Blackberry and their products. I have a Blackberry Torch as well. I have the 16 GB model, and I look forward to the features that this device will have in the future.

Cheers,
    Dave
    05-24-11 01:35 PM
    Hi there, I bought mine 32gb thru BestBuy in Miami, asked a friend of mine to bring it to ARGENTINA. The playbook arrived today, my friend told me to get a new one because he wont give me mine. LOL
    Bye
    05-24-11 05:57 PM
    I picked up my 32GB on launch day. Absolutely loving it. So much better than an iPad
    05-24-11 07:57 PM
    Got mine yesterday.

16GB brand new sealed for $380.

Thank you, Craigslist.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-11 12:30 PM
    Mine just arrived! 32G...haven't made it home to open it up yet!
    05-27-11 04:53 PM
    I picked mine up today.....16 gb version.....I'm in heaven......
    05-27-11 07:59 PM
    picked up my16gb last week. 3800hkd. this is a lot better than ipad. the apps will come!
    05-28-11 12:21 AM
    Received my PB 32GB from the US through friend 3 weeks ago. Use it in the gym and in University. Playbook is not out here in Ireland so the PB gets a lot of interesting looks.
    Last edited by Dr.Qadri; 05-28-11 at 05:25 AM. Reason: added some info
    05-28-11 05:24 AM
    This morning at 08:00 the delivery men brought me my 64GB PB, although not officially available in the Netherlands, there is one company which sells them. I really love my playbook it is the best tablet ever
    05-28-11 05:35 PM
    Purchased 64GB Unit, i started with a 32GB unit ( which was absolutely flawless ) and returned it for a 64GB which i needed to exchange twice, the first unit had some large screen bleeding in the lower right corner, the 2nd unit the glass was mis-aligned. 3rd unit is flawless, glass, screen, power button.

Absolutely incredible device with "potential", out of box, the Playbook suits my needs, yes, there is some work needed ( bridge ) ( browser ) etc.

It looks like to me they released the playbook with a solid foundation, if/when they focus on building on the foundation of the bridge, browser etc the potential of what the playbook can handle, create, produce is absolutely outstanding.

Myself, i anticipate seeing if blackberry and developers will harness and utilize the power and potential of the playbook, the device has the ability to be completely interactive within one interface, how incredible!

I simply enjoy the current experience with the playbook and highly anticipate what RIM and Developers will build on the foundation which has been set. Last time i spent time on the forums here was my experience with the Original BB Storm ( how interesting of an experience ), this unit had no solid foundation imho.I am ready for the ride, i planned the event and purchased the playbook, now lets see what type of experience is created!
    05-29-11 03:35 PM
    Got a 16 gig unit earlier today!

This, after a long and drawn-out tablet buying process. I decided it was time to get a tablet. I was pretty sure I wanted a playbook, but wanted to "test the waters" first. I tried two android devices, and could not deal with them for more than a few hours.

The HTC Flyer is nothing but a large android phone without the phone.

The Acer Iconia A500 has a fancy UI called "Honeycomb". It's not a bad UI, but the unit is heavy and not very well balanced. It's a pain to hold. It would be a good choice for an android fanatic.

Enter the Playbook.....I love this thing! The finish and screen image quality alone are worth the price of admission. It's so easy to hold and navigate. I'm still getting to know the device. Glad I went with the PB.
    05-29-11 11:24 PM
    If anyone ordered their playbook online through Blackberry, could you please tell me the rough dimensions and weight of the box it was shipped in, please?

Thank you!
    Without actually getting up to look I would say its the size of a sheet of printer paper and about 2 inches tall. Id say about 3 pounds.
    05-30-11 08:54 PM
    I lusted after the Playbook for about a year..waiting.......then picked up mine at Office Depot a couple of weeks ago. Got the 64G just because. I have never had an iPhone or iPad. When I looked at the iPad I thought...this is huge....I had no idea what the Playbook would be...but at Office Depot...there it was on display. I went back the next day and bought one. I LOVE my Playbook. I had watched a lot of "out of the box" videos on youtube (had not discovered crackberry yet except probably you were on youtube and I didn't realize what you were, just watched the videos.) I had no trouble whatsoever. Powered it up (I have no idea why people complain about the power button), and kind of went through along with a couple of the videos to get it set up. Blackberry bridge works fine too.
    I have a blackberry Curve...use it only to keep track of incoming emails when I am away from home (I am self employed.) So the world of apps, the music shopping, etc...I LOVE using my Playbook. And I do power it down at night, it is easy enough to turn it back on int he morning. I leave it on all day so I can play my playlist, do more exploring of the capabilities, etc whenever I want to during the day. I am not much of a gamer...but Tile Breaker? TOO ADDICTIVE. I hold the highest score (lol) and am aiming for 500,000 next. HUGE thanks to crackberry...now I go and look at Playbook news EVERY morning...speaking of being addicted.....
    06-01-11 11:01 AM
    Got mine (16GB) 2 weeks ago. Truly love it, I think RIM did a great job with this one. But sadly I can't find a reason to ever really use it. I have no real need for a tablet. Up for sale it goes, anyone want to buy it?
    06-02-11 02:15 PM
    I go the 16 gig version and everything seems to be goo like the bridge but hate the fact i have to pay verizon for an addition tether charge for internet connectivity when not near wifi. Poynt and Bing will not work unless the have a connection first. GPPS way slow. but after buying the Xoom and the HTC flyer and hating them both mostly due to honeycomb i will keep my playbook and work on the kinks.

Andy
    06-02-11 08:46 PM
    Just scooped up a 16gb Playbook last nite and it's been everything I expected so far. Also first time purchasing a Blackberry product. This board and the posters have been a great resource of info thus far!
    06-03-11 08:19 AM
    I just got mine, a 16 Gig.
    I traded my first gen iPad for it, I don't want to sound too blunt but honestly, this thing has not impressed me at all but I will give RIM sometime to improve the support, I mean that App World looks really depressing, then again I am coming from the iPad and that is probably not a fair comparison, this App World DOES have the most number of apps for any platform at launch.
    06-03-11 06:17 PM
    didn't think in a million years i'd be posting from my 64gb playbook. but yes it is true got a good deal on the 64gb model and so far i have been very neutral. browsing has been great. but this was clearly bought on the "potential" with the hopes that rim will create more stability with bridge and of course the entire android apps thing. but i am happy. will wait and see how things progress.
    06-04-11 01:53 AM
    Just scooped up a 16gb Playbook last nite and it's been everything I expected so far. Also first time purchasing a Blackberry product. This board and the posters have been a great resource of info thus far!
    welcome to the club!

just purchased my playbook and love it. sold my ipad to get my hands on one. and to be honest, i really do love this way more than the ipad. i do however miss some of the apps they have. i havent had a single problem and everything just looks awesome. my bridge synced perfectly, web browsing is amazing, and some of the apps we have now arent too shabby. so far im extremely happy with this tablet over the apple one. looking forward to seeing what else rim can do with this powerful machine!
    06-04-11 02:51 AM
    i officially got a playbook for my bday...
    love it
    06-04-11 06:38 AM
    So I originally purchased the 16GB model but after one night I returned it for the 32GB now it looks like I may be upgrading to the 64GB next weekend! This thing FLIES!!! I love my Playbook! Just need a few more apps!!
    06-04-11 06:59 PM
    After being here for so long trying to absorb as much as I could, I am now happy to report I am the proud owner of a PlayBook 32GB. Drove the guy at Best Buy nuts! Tested for dead pixels, bulge at the back, wiggle on the connecting ports etc etc. Perfect so far! Bridge a bit laggy - but it'll do for now. Also got the micro HDMI cable and the Icon Carbon case - man, I'm sooo happy!!
    06-04-11 08:35 PM
    My department got a Playbook on Wednesday and the boss talked it over with HR and they decided to draw a lucky name out of a hat to see who would get it, and I won. To be honest I was thrilled because I thought I could exchange it at Best Buy for an iPad 2. Best Buy wasn't going to exchange an item this expensive without a receipt, so I decided to keep it.

I am an iPhone user and this is my first Blackberry product. So I do have a bias towards Apple, but I like to keep an open mind with gadgets. So far I like the size of the device, its very comfortable to hold and type with and it has a good weight to it. The browser blows Safari away. I love that I can watch Flash video on this thing. The OS is better than expected. I like how you switch between apps and get back to the home screen.

No native email, contacts, calendar is inexcusable for any mobile device. Apps are pretty anemic at this point. I would love to see a Netflix app for this thing.

That said, once this thing gets native email and the Android app player I think you're looking at a winner. Here's hoping RIM can deliver these features in a timely fashion.
    06-04-11 11:26 PM
1,192 ... 2122232425 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD