12-28-14 03:04 AM
1,192 ... 1415161718 ...
tools

Hilarious! Spike doesn't need the Secret Service, he just carries his own riot shield...

I used my PB to take some pics at my son's wrestling banquet tonight. As I was taking a pic of the 8th grade team, two kids were looking at me and talking and one of them said "That's the new Blackberry!"
    04-25-11 11:53 PM
    I got mine today, 16gb. Plenty for me. Set up was a breeze, the bb bridge is gonna be amazing once they finish it. I am lovin it!
    Last edited by Dadymon; 04-27-11 at 02:45 PM.
    04-26-11 12:19 AM
    i got a 16gb, too but after playing w it i think im exchanging it for at least a 32gb... this ******* is freakin awesome! im sure this has been asked before but are bb apps coming? like twitter n fb bb apps on my bold... any, got it yesterday and its freakin epic!
    04-26-11 01:02 AM
    1st post - Really excited about the PlayBook. Since I'm overseas, I'm still waiting on mine. Preordered from Best Buy. Status changed to backordered on launch day. Left that order open and placed one through shopblackberry.com. Then it was a waiting game which shipped first. Best Buy came through so I canceled the other order. It left NJ on the 22nd. Should see it sometime this week or next. I wish you all fun with yours.
    04-26-11 05:43 AM
    Yeah that one. Anyone have the link to it?
    I think this is what you're talking about, there's more on the Blackberry youtube channel also I believe:

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-pla...-demo-made-tat

http://crackberry.com/tat-shows-more...k-capabilities
    anon(3961329) likes this.
    04-26-11 07:24 AM
    I think this is what you're talking about, there's more on the Blackberry youtube channel also I believe:

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-pla...-demo-made-tat

http://crackberry.com/tat-shows-more...k-capabilities
    YES! That 2nd vid was the one i was after (the 1st one is new to me). I wanted to show off the PB's capabilities to a buddy.
    04-26-11 08:53 AM
    iam in (LONDON) uk i have got my 16gb today! its awesome, everything run smooth so far, the only thing iam little bit upset is yahoo games need java which i dont know how to get it on PB, and shortages of apps on blackberry app world.....i will try to tathering in few hrs to see how its goes, MUST HAVE! MUST HAVE MUST HAVE!

edit: tathering works fine on vodafone (uk) PAYG... iam off to park now (:
    Last edited by kariakoo; 04-26-11 at 11:53 AM.
    04-26-11 10:28 AM
    iam in (LONDON) uk i have got my 16gb today! its awesome, everything run smooth so far, the only thing iam little bit upset is yahoo game need java which i dont know how to get it on PB, and shortages of app on blackberry app world.....i will try tathering in few hrs to see how its goes, MUST HAVE! MUST HAVE MUST HAVE!
    When and where did you order yours from?
    04-26-11 10:36 AM
    I pre ordered my 64GB playbook and had it shiped to my parents' house in Canada. I will be one of the first people in Japan to have one and it should be arriving in the mail here by Friday this week. I am excited and I have a two daughters 4 and 2, with small fingers, so if I can't turn it on by myself I am sure they will be able to help with the power button. lol Seriously, I am very excited about getting it and putting the playbook to work. I trade currency and am always on the go. Trading from my BB Bold 9000 on the go, has been the only alternative I have had up until now. With the playbook I will be fully moblie and make better trades. Hurry mail man.
    04-26-11 10:58 AM
    I pre ordered my 64GB playbook and had it shiped to my parents' house in Canada. I will be one of the first people in Japan to have one and it should be arriving in the mail here by Friday this week. I am excited and I have a two daughters 4 and 2, with small fingers, so if I can't turn it on by myself I am sure they will be able to help with the power button. lol Seriously, I am very excited about getting it and putting the playbook to work. I trade currency and am always on the go. Trading from my BB Bold 9000 on the go, has been the only alternative I have had up until now. With the playbook I will be fully moblie and make better trades. Hurry mail man.
    I know how you feel. I use my 9780 to store referece material for use on the go. Since I always have my 9780 on me I find myself using it more than my iPad. My iPad is loaded with all the same files, but find myself using it only occasionally for games. My 6 year old boy uses it more than I do right now. The size has a lot to do with it. I'm hoping the smaller size of the PlayBook will fit my lifestyle better than the iPad does right now. I only hope the native Adobe Reader will allow me to run a search within a PDF document. I'm banking on it doing that since it's generally a basic feature of Reader. Can anyone confim that? I hope you get your PlayBook soon and enjoy it as much as I will.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-11 11:18 AM
    my brother bought it for me in(canada) on 19th and send it same day via canada post , i have got it today @ 11:20, everything work fine so far. its amaizing
    04-26-11 11:51 AM
    I finally picked up my pre-order from Best Buy and I really understand why people are calling it Worst Buy.

In the time it took me to wait to get the tablet and walk with the sales associate to get to the checkout, he preceded to tell me that the tablet is bad, it won't work and I'm not safe without a protection plan. That my purchase is rendered useless after I walk out of the store because the Manufacturer has stopped supporting product. That there are no warranty on half the parts, sending it back will cost me money and any phone calls I make to the manufacturer will cost me money.

The entire time I am smiling and nodding and reminding him there is 90 day priority phone support and one year limited warranty and I'll gladly use the exchange policy if necessary in the first 14 days or so. Anyways..after he tells me the body and glass are not covered by warranty, he accidentally drops the box on the ground...and nice enough runs to the back to get me another box.

In their need to sell protection plan, they do everything short but **** on the product. It's a sad state of affairs to shop in a Brick and Mortar store that isn't Apple. There's a reason most people shop online for tech when they know what they want....
    04-26-11 12:32 PM
    I finally picked up my pre-order from Best Buy and I really understand why people are calling it Worst Buy.

In the time it took me to wait to get the tablet and walk with the sales associate to get to the checkout, he preceded to tell me that the tablet is bad, it won't work and I'm not safe without a protection plan. That my purchase is rendered useless after I walk out of the store because the Manufacturer has stopped supporting product. That there are no warranty on half the parts, sending it back will cost me money and any phone calls I make to the manufacturer will cost me money.

The entire time I am smiling and nodding and reminding him there is 90 day priority phone support and one year limited warranty and I'll gladly use the exchange policy if necessary in the first 14 days or so. Anyways..after he tells me the body and glass are not covered by warranty, he accidentally drops the box on the ground...and nice enough runs to the back to get me another box.

In their need to sell protection plan, they do everything short but **** on the product. It's a sad state of affairs to shop in a Brick and Mortar store that isn't Apple. There's a reason most people shop online for tech when they know what they want....
    the guy at best buy asked if i had heard about the new acer tablet at the checkout. i asked him if it was the acer iconia tab or whatever and he said, 'oh, i dont know, it's not my department.' then i said, 'well, im buying the playbook as we speak. so, no.' im loving this thing. even with a dearth of apps, its great as a web browser
    04-26-11 02:46 PM
    the guy at best buy asked if i had heard about the new acer tablet at the checkout. i asked him if it was the acer iconia tab or whatever and he said, 'oh, i dont know, it's not my department.' then i said, 'well, im buying the playbook as we speak. so, no.' im loving this thing. even with a dearth of apps, its great as a web browser
    Same here. I just waltzed into BB yesterday and picked up a 32GB -- wanted me to check out the Iconia first. I took a quick look at it, saw it next to the Xoom, and I said "Eh, no thanks, I still want my PlayBook."

The guy took about 10 minutes going through the protection plan crap. I couldn't shut him up about it!

So far, I love it. It's fast/responsive, web pages with flash work well, got Orb workin', awesomeness.
    04-26-11 06:47 PM
    bought a 32gig on opening day! It has been a great experience so far. A few minor glitches , some my fault for not updating the os on my phone. Cant wait till the auto spell is working and you can load media over the bridge. video is awesome i cant wait for the apps to come. I do wish the apple fan boys would stop complaining about the lack of native email, it was well documented and is coming. we need a way to move the cursor to fix the spelling in the meantime. hope to see other BB tablets out and about. have fun and enjoy, i am!
    04-26-11 07:36 PM
    I was having problems with the Bridge Browser being very slow opening web pages so did some experimenting. If anyone else is having this problem you may want to try and change the settings on the content tab within the Bridge Browser not the regular. I turned off Load Images, Enable flash and enable javascript. This helped to speed page load up alot, of course if you get to a website and want to view the images or flash then can turn back on.
    04-26-11 07:54 PM
    Same here. I just waltzed into BB yesterday and picked up a 32GB -- wanted me to check out the Iconia first. I took a quick look at it, saw it next to the Xoom, and I said "Eh, no thanks, I still want my PlayBook."

The guy took about 10 minutes going through the protection plan crap. I couldn't shut him up about it!

So far, I love it. It's fast/responsive, web pages with flash work well, got Orb workin', awesomeness.
    i can't get orb working. i think it might be because i have a huge library to sync up. but it was working on my home network, and now i'm at my friend's house and it says there is an 'internal error.' gotta keep playin with it i suppose
    04-26-11 08:10 PM
    Mine arrived today! So far I've just been playing. But, so far so good! She's a keeper!
    04-26-11 10:26 PM
    I got mine yesterday, and i'm already in love, this thing is so awesome.
    04-27-11 12:53 AM
    Got mine yesterday and in love with it too XD...though some minor problems like the wallpaper problem...also think that RIM should add the rotation feature for pictures :P
    04-27-11 05:09 AM
    just got my playbook, so far its kinda 'meh'.

very nice screen and hardware but it just doesnt behave like a blackberry and the software is pretty bad. for instance the podcasts app doesnt allow you to add you own feeds so your tuck with the tinny selection on there already.

in summary:
    no apps;
    buggy software;
    no bbm;
    doesnt behave like a BB at all i.e keyboard does capatalise when held down or auto correct words;
    great screen though.

like most reviewers say, its just not finished, ill keep mine to see if there are any updates in the next 30 days but i would not recommend this to even hardcore crackberry addicts.

typed in the playbook, hence spelling, capitalisation and punctuation is bad.
    04-27-11 06:00 AM
    Recovered a grenade now on my way to the post office to pick up my PlayBook. **** of a day.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-11 08:39 AM
    Mine arrived yesterday, so far i've been pretty happy with it, it has lots of room for improvement but it also excels in other areas, love the size and form factor of the device, tethering has been very useful so far, i just hope the rumors are true and my carrier doesnt charge me extra for it, the browser is very nice, screen quallity, multitasking and HD playback are awesome, bridge is kinda buggy but it works, it definitely needs BBM though.

Apps im looking forward to:
    1- An Ebook reader that lets you import your own epub files.
    2- A Vnc client preferably Teamviewer
    3- A DVR application like DMSS
    4- VLC player or native MKV support with audio and subtittles option
    5- MORE games haha
    04-27-11 10:14 AM
    i got mine yesterday. love it. i agree that i need bb features like the autocorrect, word substitution, bbm, etc
    04-27-11 11:17 AM
    i'm enjoying this finely crafted machine. I agree that we need auto correct, etc. It would have been nice if Blackberry files manager was preloaded. Disappointed that Adobe Reader doesn't have search. Also, Sheets to Go doesn't have "find." Just first day observations. I still love this thing. My 6 year old boy and I watched the demo movie together. He said "It looks real!" when the sea turtle swam by. It's that good.
    04-27-11 04:14 PM
1,192 ... 1415161718 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD