Not happy at all with app world on playbook.... very poor selection & no video chat yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, i might return mine...
    04-23-11 09:35 PM
    Mine also shipped Friday,but i can't find anything on tracking,i think it is a USPS tracking # but nothing is showing up yet,my guess is it was shipped priority mail,hopefully it will get here quickly,i am tired of waiting!
    I Hope it arrives soon. I'm going on a cruise on April 30 this Saturday and I would like to take it with me.
    04-23-11 10:41 PM
    got mine the first day it came out. Best Buy only had two to sell. Actually one. the other was a pre-order.
    04-23-11 11:31 PM
    Well I just got one so I had to register and post in this thread. Hello all.

Now to look for threads that reviews accessories - any recommendations?
    04-23-11 11:36 PM
    Went to my nearest Wal-Mart in Port Elgin, Ontario (yes - the Styx!) with the wife to do some shopping. Was pleasantly surprised to see they had a slew of 16 and 32 GB units stashed away in a glass case. None on display - no fanfare, no announcements. The guy said it's because they consider the store too small for there to be a display (and it's a SuperStore, not an ordinary Wal-Mart!). They'd had them for several days and we were the first ones to inquire about them - can you believe that? He was reluctant but cracked one open and let us hold it. Oh - the bliss!! Very impressed with the build - solid quality. As a Crackberry member I gave the guy a lecture on everything happening with the Playbook, and he was quite taken aback - lol! We had to hand it back to him, as circumstances dictate I can't afford this right now. It was the weirdest feeling walking away empty handed! D**n!!
    04-24-11 12:40 AM
    i was so excited about the PB but am very disappointed about the lack of apps in appworld. i have a ton of (epub) books that i can't even load onto the kobo app so i'm thinking of returning this. what's the point in keeping this device when all i can really do is surf? i have my laptop for that.

so i'm debating if i should keep this and wait until the summer when more apps are available .... or *gasp* return this and get the ipad2 since it's only $20 more and has everything i need?!
    04-24-11 07:08 AM
    anyone in canada futureshop is open easter sunday !!!!!!!!
    04-24-11 07:48 AM
    Got mine last night, and it is absolutely amazing. Feel sorry for those who are using a LARGE iPhone, they have no clue what they are missing. love my PlayBook. �Long Live The Rim�
    04-24-11 09:06 AM
    Went to office depot today and tried one out. Everything worked perfectly on the display model, bridged my Tour and everything right at the store . So easy to do!

So I'm glad to say that I am writing this on my new Playbook 16GB.

Maybe it's because I'm a younger guy but I am not getting any of the issues reported such as iffy swipe recognition, etc. Everything is working perfectly like advertised!
    04-24-11 04:04 PM
    By the way, there are a lot of impatient people on here... geez. Give the platform a week of being out so developers can make some apps. How many apps were there for the first iPhone a week after release? Give it a month. I guarantee you'll see a kindle app, facebook app, videochat app, etc very shortly.
    04-24-11 04:08 PM
    By the way, there are a lot of impatient people on here... geez. Give the platform a week of being out so developers can make some apps. How many apps were there for the first iPhone a week after release? Give it a month. I guarantee you'll see a kindle app, facebook app, videochat app, etc very shortly.
    Can we hold you to that?
    04-24-11 05:45 PM
    sure i'll stake my e-cred on it :P
    04-24-11 05:47 PM
    picked up a 64GB Playbook yesterday from Office Depot. Their last one. So far, everything is working as expected. Updated to latest OS without a problem OTA. Wifi works perfectly. Bridged with my 9650 without issues. Able to transfer videos and movies and play them without a problem. Just need to find the right settings with Handbrake for the proper size. Everything works and I am happy!

Just waiting for Otterbox Defender case to arrive.
    04-25-11 06:07 AM
    I spent the weekend waffling back and forth on whether I was gonna sell my first gen iPad and get the PB or keep both. I really can't justify keeping both as I know I would use the PB and the iPad would just sit there......soo off I went straight after nightshift this morning and bought one at Walmart. Just updating the OS now. I think it is beautiful. Can't wait to start using it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-11 07:04 AM
    Didn't know where to post this. There was a youtube link posted in this forum of a developer showing off some concept UI, sterescopic images, etc with a reported from a tech blog (?). In it he was showing off the ability to pull in photos and quickly make postcards, rotating 3D images, etc. The dev guy had a french accent if that helps :P

anyone know what I'm talking about?
    04-25-11 12:08 PM
    I just got mine today the 16gb,it shipped on Fri,i pre ordered it from HSN on 4/10 so I've been waiting awhile,had some problems setting it up,i couldn't get it to acquire the ip address from my router,but after resetting my modem and router i finally got it set up.
    Now i am having problems getting it to sync with my mac,it keeps popping up a box about it cannot communicate with the device and something about network interface,anyone have any suggestions?
    So far i really like it,i haven't got to fully explore it yet because I'm still working on getting things loaded and setup on it,but so far so good..
    Now if i could just get it to sync with my mac
    04-25-11 03:41 PM
    I didnt need to connect it to anything to set it up. I just hopped on the wireless and did the update and I was ready to go. no computer required
    04-25-11 03:43 PM
    I got it set up without connecting it,i am trying to sync it so i can download my pictures and music on it.
    04-25-11 04:39 PM
    haven't put it down yet.......finally i can actually use a tablet for more than games.....used it out in the field and it was great....there are glitches but they will be addressed ....all and all i thick this a great platform, only to get better..

enjoy!!!!!
    04-25-11 05:35 PM
    Finally I can rejoice!
    04-25-11 06:38 PM
    MrDisco

I recall those vids. it was at a recent Tech conference. They were out
    putting 3D via HDMI to a 3D TV. The photo app had full multi gesture support.
    Last edited by LesIsTechSavy; 04-25-11 at 07:33 PM.
    04-25-11 07:30 PM
    MrDisco

I recall those vids. it was at a recent Tech conference. They were out
    putting 3D via HDMI to a 3D TV. The photo app had full multi gesture support.
    Yeah that one. Anyone have the link to it?
    04-25-11 08:58 PM
    04-25-11 10:22 PM
    finally got mine today. had to drive ~1.5 hours to get it, but it was worth it. i also had to stop in the apple store nearby because my friend had some issues with her iphone4. so while i was waiting i left a couple ipad 2's on blackberry's playbook site. i'm pretty stoked on it so far. i was playing with it at my friend's house, both him and his wife have iphones and they have a macbook pro; and they liked the playbook a lot better than the ipad because of the size
    04-25-11 10:30 PM
    just got mine today! Was debating between a 32gb and 64gb, and settled for the 64 since I plan to put a lot of my pictures on there. First one had a dead pixel and I had to exchange, but the second one seems to be fine. Hopefully I won't run into any problems since I love it so far!
    04-25-11 11:44 PM
1,192 ... 1314151617 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD