12-28-14 03:04 AM
1,192 ... 1112131415 ...
tools
    What do you mean by screen sync ???
    What I mean was I would tap in one area and the thing though I was taping somewhere else. (i.e. I tap lower left and a missile would launch upper right playing rocket storm)
    04-21-11 03:52 PM
    I want to transfer my music and pic files from my 9550 to the PB. Presently when Bridged, I can only view emails, msgs etc. I want to access and transfer more files from my phone. And forgive me, but perhaps "sync" wasn't the most accurate term for loading files from my storm to the PB. I am a bit of a newb.
    NP and yeah a person does need a way to transfer files.
    04-21-11 04:05 PM
    I downloaded the bridge app to my 9700 hoping a PlayBook would show up on my doorstep. Still waiting....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-11 05:56 PM
    just got my PB today and i cant stop smiling! it made me so happy and this thing is absolutely amazing!

Posted from my BlackBerry PlayBook!
    04-21-11 06:07 PM
    I had about 30 min of joy with my 64GB PB early this morning before returning it later in the afternoon to Staples due to a dead pixel in the display. Have another 64GB coming in on Monday. Keeping my fingers crossed the display on the next one has no issues otherwise I may sit on the sideline for a while.
    04-21-11 06:40 PM
    Just got my Playbook tonight. I know some people had issues with it and I suspect it was either a poor wireless or poor power issue so I got a rapid charger and set up right next to my wireless router.

As soon as I plugged it in it turned itself on and gave me the Playbook name and the colored circles. I held my breath but it booted up fine. I set up my wifi, bb id and country.

It found the update and on my speedy connection ti tooks 3 minutes to download and 4 minutes to update then about 2 minutes to reboot and 30 seconds of colored circles before it gave me the installation successful message.

I skipped bridging and I set up various different wifi connections (mobile hotspot etc.) then did the tutorials then finally I bridged my 9550 Storm2. Bridge browser was tested with Amazon and works great if a touch slow (9550 on wifi).

So I'm sure I'll run into the various limitations (like being upable to access bridged files and the bluetooth headset issue) but so far I'm impressed.

I have no proof of it but I believe that the rapid charger gave me a bit more insurance against anything going wrong in the set up.
    04-21-11 07:33 PM
    Wife just picked it up for me. Will post back when I log some time and figure this thing out. So far so kickass though!!!
    04-21-11 07:54 PM
    you guys are making this hard to resist
    04-21-11 07:55 PM
    First in line, got mine on opening day........lovin it more by the min. !
    04-21-11 08:23 PM
    I picked up my 32GB model today at the Rogers Plus store. Best Buy had zero stock on any of the models.

I've been playing with it for about 5 hours now and I'm amazed and disappointed at the same time. Amazed at the speed and the features. Disappointed in the lack of some features as well.

I hope Trillian releases an app for the PB.
    04-21-11 09:32 PM
    Got mine. Would give it a 3.8 with a potential of going up to 4.8 on a scale of 1-5, 5 being the best, when and if all the issues are solved.
    Btw, this is my first post in this very useful and informative forum.
    04-21-11 11:34 PM
    Just a quickie. Will it run regular pc software?

I cant wait to get one but think us poor Australian cousins may be waiting a while yet
    04-22-11 12:22 AM
    Just got mine ! not sure if im going to keep it though will see during the 14 days that i can try it in no bbm or vid chat yet
    04-22-11 12:33 AM
    :/ i did not get my unit yet...but since i did not have to pay for it, i will have to be patient. i won it at a launch event!

04-22-11 12:33 AM
    PlayBook Accessories

The BB PB Charger Pad does charge about 2x as fast even when using the PB and charging. The stand is very sturdy so you can use the tablet in its landscape orientation and its sturdy and does not move when you touch the screen. The stand can be unplugged to give you a clean unclutter method of displaying the PB.

The best screen protector is the "Anti-Fingerprint" by Hip Street. I picked it up at Staples. It kills the refective shine of the PB but this gives a viewing experience when viewing in bright light.
    04-22-11 12:39 AM
    Finally got my Playbook! Absolutely love it! Sure the apps aren't all there yet but I knew that going into the deal. I'm sure the best is yet to come with the updates. i'm typing this on my playbook and listening to music, with 3 tabs open on browser, docs to go with my timesheet open, a video paused, while doing an update. Awesome!
    04-22-11 12:45 AM
    a couple days late but i finally got my playbook.huge!
    04-22-11 12:45 AM
    I got mine this morning at BestBuy on my way to work. Had to call ahead to make sure they any couple place by my house had ran out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-11 02:15 AM
    My PB arrived at noon yesterday. I had ordered it from Staples on March 22nd and had spent the last several days envying everyone who had just walked into a local store and had gotten one before me.

I had no setup problems except initial difficulty connecting the PB to my Torch via Bridge. A second try to get them paired succeeded (after I had spent a few hours playing with other things on the PB).

Only problem now (aside from lack of apps) is getting the controls (buttons, etc) to work on the mobile GMail site. I had planned on using the GMail website a lot on the PB but that mobile site seems rather useless.

Still, all in all, I'm a very happy PB owner!
    04-22-11 03:15 AM
    I pre ordered mine from HSN on 4/10,still waiting on it to ship,it was $579 for the 16gb but it came with accessories and had a 4x flexpay plan.
    Has anyone else ordered theirs from HSN and if so has yours shipped yet? it gave me an estimated delivery date of 5/3/2011 soi hope it ships soon i'm getting tired of waiting!
    04-22-11 07:43 AM
    I picked mine up from Best Buy last night - 64GB. We had pre-ordered it on April 10th but our order never moved passed "In Progress." We called the day after release and they said they would fix the problem with our order. We waited another day and called customer service again. Since they had stock at the store we were advised to purchase it there and cancel our order over the phone. Which we did. We played with it last night and are very happy. I didn't think I would care about the lack of apps but it was disappointing how few there were. The facebook website looked fine but a native app would be much better.
    04-22-11 08:06 AM
    Last night, I ran out to Future Shop and picked up a 64gb PlayBook. So far I love it... and so do the kids!
    04-22-11 09:12 AM
    Picked up my PlayBook yesterday from Staples, a 16GB. I LOVE IT. Only thing that has me worried is its getting stuck on the boot screen. Other than that all is well....also noticed the red paint on the power button is already wearing off. LOL. Looks better without it anyway.
    04-22-11 09:25 AM
    Finally had time to grab my 64GB pre-order from my complex's office.

And it's AMAZING, straightforward installation. Already bridged my AT&T 9800, and everything is working perfectly. Loading all of my music and video, very happy with the form factor!
    04-22-11 10:27 AM
    Just got my pre-ordered playbook 32MB by courier from Best Buy. I couldn't be happier with it. I'm VERY impressed.
    04-22-11 12:30 PM
1,192 ... 1112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD