Just got my 32gb Playbook and I already have the iPad2.

I got it for the smaller form factor, flash capable browser and greater storage.

I like the fact that I can connect to it at any time and drop files to it. The lack of Asian language support is a bummer.

I'm definitely looking forward to OS2.
    01-31-12 08:24 AM
    Whats good, yall? Got my 16Gb PB as a Bday gift from my woman about two weeks ago, and I gotta say, it's pretty awesome! Got it bridged up with my 9900. Perfect pair!
    Can't wait for OS 2.0, it's definitely gonna pop with that running. I don't really need native email on a tablet, using a full flash browser is good enough for me
    Overall, awesome purchase, especially for the low cost of a few hundred bucks!
    01-31-12 08:36 AM
    got mine today love it bridged with a 8520 untill i up grade in oct
    01-31-12 12:33 PM
    HELLO!

I've got my Playbook today (was a BB Storm user previously, but had Nokia N8 for a year - going to trade in for a Torch in March) managed to sync with laptop, got tunes, pics and vids.....been online, no problems....

BUT, tha App store will not let me download anything, including existing software updates......
    01-31-12 03:41 PM
    I officially picked up a playbook, I was lucky enough to pick up a Touchpad From macmall for 100 and I just sold it on amazon and picked up a playbook and a journal case.
    01-31-12 08:33 PM
    I just got my 64gb PlayBook tonight!! This is my first BlackBerry product. I am very impressed with the quality of this thing! I was originally considering some flavor of Android tablet but when I went to play with a PB at office depot I knew it wasn't an Android I was going to be getting. I'm looking forward to trying out a BB phone when my contract is up... too bad that's not for another 2 years, lol.
    Last edited by HanzJager; 01-31-12 at 10:15 PM.
    01-31-12 10:11 PM
    I just got my 64gb PlayBook tonight!! This is my first BlackBerry product. I am very impressed with the quality of this thing! I was originally considering some flavor of Android tablet but when I went to play with a PB at office depot I knew it wasn't an Android I was going to be getting. I'm looking forward to trying out a BB phone when my contract is up... too bad that's not for another 2 years, lol.

Congrats & keep your eyes open as in mid February RIM will release OS 2.0 for the PB. This new OS will improve the experience.
    01-31-12 10:26 PM
    Congrats & keep your eyes open as in mid February RIM will release OS 2.0 for the PB. This new OS will improve the experience.
    That was a big factor in my decision to purchase! I researched and read a lot about the PB before I ordered... and at only $299 on Newegg I couldn't pass up such a great value. I'm on a PB high right now.. can't wait for OS 2.0!
    RoseBud68 likes this.
    01-31-12 10:41 PM
    picked up 32GB yesterday for $248. quick setup,bridged to my 9810. can't wait for 2.0 software update!
    01-31-12 11:57 PM
    Got mine. 64GB.
    02-03-12 03:03 AM
    Finally. After months of pining away for a Playbook, finally. Got my tax return today, near a week earlier than expected. Must have had a feeling because last night I made a difficult decision. Playbook or finally upgrade from my 8900 to the Bold 9900 when i get my tax return. After seeing they were on sale for 199 for the 16 gb model, i decided to go for the Playbook and just get a new battery to replace the bulging one that has been causing me such headaches. Also, this plan being more economical, allows me to get the carboy, bottles, and ingredients i need to brew alot more beer. After deciding this I just couldnt sleep til 8 o clock this morning, excited, hoping beyond hope that my return will come in and I can get my Playbook while they were still on sale. After finally sleeping, fitfully, for three hours, i got up and went about my day, anxious yet believing, just knowing it had to come in today even though it wasnt expected to be disbursed until the 8th. 6 o'clock rolls around and my Curve goes off. My tax return was deposited on my card. Feeling a rush of excitement and a sudden piercing stress headache, I have my girl read the txt to reassure me I didn't just stroke off and hallucinate the txt from a severe brain hemhorage. Yes! I didn't have a stroke! Excited, I call Radio Shack. 1 left. Rush over, pick it up and here I am, finally rocking the coolest device I've ever seen! Now to do the taxes i neglected from 2010, hopefully there will be enough for me to upgrade my phone!

Also, I am real excited to see the emulator ports, I would really love to see a DS emulator, hoping that its possible and someone decides to port it over.
    alan510 and cntrydncr223 like this.
    02-03-12 05:19 AM
    Finally. After months of pining away for a Playbook, finally. Got my tax return today, near a week earlier than expected. Must have had a feeling because last night I made a difficult decision. Playbook or finally upgrade from my 8900 to the Bold 9900 when i get my tax return. After seeing they were on sale for 199 for the 16 gb model, i decided to go for the Playbook and just get a new battery to replace the bulging one that has been causing me such headaches. Also, this plan being more economical, allows me to get the carboy, bottles, and ingredients i need to brew alot more beer. After deciding this I just couldnt sleep til 8 o clock this morning, excited, hoping beyond hope that my return will come in and I can get my Playbook while they were still on sale. After finally sleeping, fitfully, for three hours, i got up and went about my day, anxious yet believing, just knowing it had to come in today even though it wasnt expected to be disbursed until the 8th. 6 o'clock rolls around and my Curve goes off. My tax return was deposited on my card. Feeling a rush of excitement and a sudden piercing stress headache, I have my girl read the txt to reassure me I didn't just stroke off and hallucinate the txt from a severe brain hemhorage. Yes! I didn't have a stroke! Excited, I call Radio Shack. 1 left. Rush over, pick it up and here I am, finally rocking the coolest device I've ever seen! Now to do the taxes i neglected from 2010, hopefully there will be enough for me to upgrade my phone!

Also, I am real excited to see the emulator ports, I would really love to see a DS emulator, hoping that its possible and someone decides to port it over.
    Man, reading this, my heart was racing, reading as fast as I could, holding my breath, leaning your way just a little to help you over the finish line.....

whewwwwwwwww i can breathe now.

Welcome to the family!
    02-04-12 12:04 AM
    Picked up a 64gb playbook today. Love it. had to drive 80miles total to a store that had one. Both best buy and staples here showed them as discontinued and replaced by the 3G model. Which obviously they dont have. Finally found one at Office depot 40miles away. It is well worth the drive.
    02-08-12 04:39 PM
    just bought one for my little sister too for her as a bday gift. 64GB one ofc.
    02-08-12 04:44 PM
    Picked one up last Fri - 32gb - courtesy of the Telus sale pricing. Am really loving it and can't wait to see what os2 brings.
    02-08-12 04:59 PM
    Picked up mine two days ago. Very nice. But wondering if i really "need" it

I got a few days to decide
    02-08-12 05:17 PM
    Picked up mine two days ago. Very nice. But wondering if i really "need" it

I got a few days to decide

Ahhhh Impulse buy, It worked for me & glad I did too.
    02-08-12 05:20 PM
    Got mine yesterday, left it to charge when I got home after work, started it around midnight, started the updates, went to bed, picked it up in the morning, and I'm playing with it at work
    What can I say other that I LOVE MY PB!!!
    02-09-12 08:02 AM
    Got mine on Friday . Tomorrow marks one week and I have to say it was defintely a great buy. Great OS and the ability to run some of our favourite android apps is a great bonus.
    cdelcampo216 likes this.
    02-09-12 08:18 AM
    I got my PlayBook the day before Christmas Eve. It was during the sale of $199 for a 16GB. The best part was that I had $75 in Gift Cards & $75 in Gift money, so I basically paid around $50 out of pocket for it. I took it home, knowing that there was no native email, calendar or contacts & that if I got a BB phone, I could "Tether" them etc.

I got home and did not record an Opening PB Video because there are enough of those out there but I did sit with it for about 9 hours just learning about it & going on to the app store etc.

Now, almost 2 months later I am still in awe of so many of it's features. #1 - MULTI-TASKING... I cannot stress this enough. I have had 2 BB phones in the past and I own several computers. I also have a father in law who owns an iPad just because I wanted one. Well, I have to say that my PB does one thing that his does not - MULTITASK!!!

I was going to get my wife one but she was given a Kindle Fire and that is the perfect device for her. She loves the fact that I am so happy with my device.

I am just waiting for the OS 2 update & for more apps to become available soon, ie, Netflix, Skype, Hulu, Kindle Reader (*No offense to KOBO- which I currently use) & I am still lobbying with Dolphin to release an official PB version of their amazing web browser.

I am REALLY happy with my device and will continue to show it off to everyone. I am even happier that I joined Crackberry & have learned a lot from you "Users & Abusers" & am looking forward to getting to that level * how do I do that anyway.

Anyhow, "I got my Playbook & I am one happy camper!!!"
    02-09-12 08:50 AM
    Got myself a 64G since OS 2.0 is coming soon!!! After few days playing with it, I have to say that I LOVE it, especially the multitasking feature. Cant wait for 2.0 and a RIM bluetooth keyboard to come along together.

Some comparisons to the Kindle Fire that wife's own:

1. Browser on 1.08 is a little slower than Silk on Kindle Fire. Hope that the browser on 2.0 will be faster.

2. Battery is worse than Kindle Fire's one. I turn off everything (wireless, bluetooth) and set at Stand By but it still drains faster than Kindle Fire with wireless on all the time. Maybe it is just me, or OS 2.0 will be better...

Some desired apps: Kindle Reader (I have tons of free/bought books from amazon cloud), Skype.

Nevertheless, those above minors still can not prevent me to love to have it. I even convinced wife to buy another one for my kids by showing her directly on our LCD TV (with a micro HDMI to HDMI cable) how it is nice, smooth, sharp and performs much better than Kindle Fire. She was persuaded in just 5'!!! So now we are waiting for the second one to come .

D.
    02-09-12 09:15 AM
    Got myself a 64G since OS 2.0 is coming soon!!! After few days playing with it, I have to say that I LOVE it, especially the multitasking feature. Cant wait for 2.0 and a RIM bluetooth keyboard to come along together.

Some comparisons to the Kindle Fire that wife's own:

1. Browser on 1.08 is a little slower than Silk on Kindle Fire. Hope that the browser on 2.0 will be faster.

2. Battery is worse than Kindle Fire's one. I turn off everything (wireless, bluetooth) and set at Stand By but it still drains faster than Kindle Fire with wireless on all the time. Maybe it is just me, or OS 2.0 will be better...

Some desired apps: Kindle Reader (I have tons of free/bought books from amazon cloud), Skype.

Nevertheless, those above minors still can not prevent me to love to have it. I even convinced wife to buy another one for my kids by showing her directly on our LCD TV (with a micro HDMI to HDMI cable) how it is nice, smooth, sharp and performs much better than Kindle Fire. She was persuaded in just 5'!!! So now we are waiting for the second one to come .

D.
    We have several similarities... My wife got a Kindle Fire, & I have seen several comparisons that I agree with you on. I don't use the native web browser for everything. Simple Browser works better with the GOOGLE suite; No Tabs, but still. Hopefully, Dolphin will release a PlayBook app soon.

I had battery issues the first couple of days, but now it seems to be better. I drained the battery a couple of times & did full 8 hour recharges, and since then, it's been better.

I have lots of book through Amazon that I would also like to import. Skype needs to hurry up & get here. I would also like to see Words with Friends & a FREE version of Angry Birds too. Other than that, OS 2 will be here soon, and Yes, I am really excited about the KB!!!

Long live the PlayBooK!
    02-09-12 02:00 PM
    I received my first 16gig PB shortly after they came out thru a pilot that was being run at my office. When I found out how much they were, I did a big meh and said I'd never buy one. I did use it a bunch and really tried to like it, but could not get over the price.

Fast forward to December and I buy a 32gig PB for my wife as I thought the price was fair at 299. This was comparing it to the kindle fire. Then they dropped the price even more and I finally bought myself a 64gig.

I use the 16gig for the beta os testing and the 64gig I keep clean.
    02-09-12 02:17 PM
    Picked up a 64G yesterday at lunch (finally) at the $299 pricing (advertised to end 2/11/2011).

I can't help but think the price may go back up even if not to original full retail. We'll see.... either way....... not a bad price for a 64G tablet.

So far all is great except..... I can't open a pdf with Adobe Reader. May try a few other PDF files tonight and see what I can do with it.

This is my first touch device of any kind...... looking forward to OS2.
    02-09-12 05:24 PM
    I just ordered my 1st PB on '2.0 Eve' via newegg.com. Can't wait for its delivery!
    Last edited by dunnsantee; 02-23-12 at 09:53 AM.
    02-22-12 09:50 AM
1,192 ... 4142434445 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD