I am sitting on my bed as my new PB updates the software to version 1.0.8.6067. I was going crazy a little at first, because I was swiping left to right instead of right to left. But, I finally got it and got on to my wifi. This is so cool!

I was picking it up at the Radio Shack where I had my PB shipped to, and I noticed the clerk was toting up a sale at $499 and trying to sell me extras. I had to say, "hey, you know I bought and paid for this already."

Oooookay. My PB is restarting.
    was the swiping thing not crazy at first lol I'm good with the gestures now I thought my pb was broken at first when it updated because it stayed in the splash screen soooooo long. I had to get up for work the next day lol finally got to bed round 2am after dl apps and playing with it. Love Love Love my pb!!!
    12-08-11 09:22 PM
    I just got mine today! I love this tablet, I cant believe people are writing this Tablet off as a failure!

The QNX is sooooo smooth!
    12-08-11 09:54 PM
    I got the Aquarium app. Yup, forked over a cool $1.99, but it was worth it.
    12-08-11 10:29 PM
    well, thanks to the great people on this board, i downloaded the best bridge app (from rroy), and today, I am posting this on my PB, without wifi access, on my bridge. This is terrific!
    12-09-11 11:39 AM
    I just got mine today! I love this tablet, I cant believe people are writing this Tablet off as a failure!

The QNX is sooooo smooth!

Indeed, how can they say that this was a failure ... that is : D
    12-09-11 11:45 AM
    well, thanks to the great people on this board, i downloaded the best bridge app (from rroy), and today, I am posting this on my PB, without wifi access, on my bridge. This is terrific!
    Do tell! I requested u via bbm btw
    12-09-11 11:57 AM
    So, I got my Playbook yesterday. Ordered it online. It aint available here in Trinidad as yet(really sucks) It was supposed to be a Christmas gift for my daughter, but after I got my hands on it...... Well I hope she enjoys her dolls and other stuff.
    12-09-11 12:12 PM
    Hi ya all, got the playbook last week. my first tablet and i don't want to jjmp to conclusions but so far so good . Weird thing though, i know the appworld is not available in my country, however after updating to the last version of the software, the appworld started working and I was all like :d, downloaded four free apps. comes today and the appworld is not available in my country again
    12-09-11 01:02 PM
    I got my Playbook the week after Black Friday for $199. But to paraphrase an old saying, it is all dressed up and no place to go. The hardware is impressive. QNX is smooth and easy to learn. But the lack of apps means it will sit in my desk drawer until February when OS 2.0 is officially released. I need a native email client and access to Android apps at a minimum. The only useful feature is the HD cameras. A self portrait was amazingly sharp and clear - actually a little too sharp showing too many blemishes. The playbook could use a good photo editor and a way to transfer photos easily.
    12-09-11 01:48 PM
    The three PB's that I ordered on the 24 of Nov. finally arrived yesterday. This thing is awesome! Even though I've been the one looking forward to getting one since before they were available, my wife and daughter are very happy with theirs as well.
    12-09-11 04:29 PM
    Got my 32GB on Black Friday for 299.00 at office depot
    Today at staples got the Journal case for 19.99 and the rapid charger for 13.50!!!!
    So far I love it!
    Look forward to learning from you all
    12-10-11 10:16 PM
    just got my pb. so far so good. im enjoying it..

btw, i have my sgs2 for my phone, do you think you recommend buying a bb phone just to enjoy this tablet i bought? im confused.

thanks
    12-11-11 03:32 AM
    Just rec'd my second 32 GB from shop.blackberry yesterday. It's a Xmas gift for my daughter. Ordered on 11/28

Also rec'd a bluebooth keyboard case for mine from Amazon.
    12-11-11 11:43 AM
    Exclusive native video chat is pretty neat! PB on standby on my desk on a charging pod receives a unique chat notification tone.

Those with more than 2 PBs...can you video chat with more than 2?
    12-11-11 11:56 AM
    My 16GB Playbook is here and under the tree!

My fiance ordered two for christmas on Nov 25, they arrived on the 10th. So excited but one problem -- I have to wait two more lousy weeks! Grrrrrrrrrr.
    12-11-11 09:13 PM
    Ordered from BB on Nov 23rd and was on backorder forever but they fulfilled the order. All I can say is DAMN. This thing is great.
    12-13-11 08:30 AM
    My 16GB Playbook is here and under the tree!

My fiance ordered two for christmas on Nov 25, they arrived on the 10th. So excited but one problem -- I have to wait two more lousy weeks! Grrrrrrrrrr.
    Wait. Convert to Judaism, and you only have to wait until next Tuesday at sundown. Of course, you'll have to get rid of that tree. Too much trouble? Plan B: pretend they are Chanukah gifts from me. Then next Tuesday night, you can open them and say, "What a mitzvah! That barskin, giving us these PBs."
    12-13-11 08:59 AM
    I just received my (16 GB) from shop.blackberry, ordered it on the 24th. I bought a second one at Staples when there was a lot of problems with canceling of orders etc so I now I have one that I don't need. If anyone is interested I will sell it for what I paid ($189 + taxes) (local Toronto Ontario).
    12-13-11 12:37 PM
    I waited a few weeks for it (sent from ca.shopblackberry.com) and it finaly came!

I am proud to say that I own a PlayBook (16GB). Can't wait for the new year. Looking foward to see the new products/features coming for the PlayBook and the new line of BlackBerry 10 devices.
    12-13-11 01:06 PM
    Just got mine an hour ago.....its taking ages to update the OS. like over an hour !

Here is my Grand Daughter Anya modeling it.

12-13-11 01:29 PM
    Just got mine an hour ago.....its taking ages to update the OS. like over an hour !

Here is my Grand Daughter Anya modeling it.

Click to view quoted image
    Oh...now, that's a pretty picture! She's adorable!
    12-13-11 01:38 PM
    Really nice to see everyone's playbooks are starting to arrive.
    12-13-11 01:40 PM
    Mine arrived today-was delivered to my neighbourhood mailbox.

Shipped Dec 2

It looks like it was shipped from Massachusetts.

Very pleased that it wasn't cancelled or delivered after Xmas.

Fish
    12-13-11 04:05 PM
    Oh...now, that's a pretty picture! She's adorable!
    She sure is
    12-13-11 04:14 PM
    Got my playbook today. I can type surprisingly fast on it with my thumbs. Only downfall is no autocorrect for the little things i screw up my spelling on all the time.
    12-13-11 04:21 PM
1,192 ... 3637383940 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD