You can buy a zipper sleeve or slip on in blue, orange and grey. Anywhere to get an original black replacement like the one that came with the playbook?
    10-11-11 09:40 PM
    I just got my Playbook last night. Got it from Staples. I haven't had too much time too play around with it but so far I think it is cool. I've never owned any kind of smartphone or tablet before. That might be a good thing though because I can't nitpick about what it can or can't do compared to other devices
    10-12-11 03:49 AM
    Picked my Playbook up Monday at Staples for 299.00 after 200.00 discount. Couldn't pass up that deal. Just got a free Ipad from work- gave it to the wife. lol
    10-12-11 01:42 PM
    Picking one up from when I got back to LA the end of the month. Helping a buddy with some major stuff on his car and he's giving me a brand new one as payment. Pretty stoked! haha
    10-13-11 03:51 PM
    Picked one up at Office Depot last week at the $299 price. It's OK, RIM needs to move their arse in integrating hardware software to catch up with some other devices.
    10-13-11 04:13 PM
    I feel like I robbed the place. I got a 64gb for $372. Just picked it up. Setting it up right now. Stuck at the select county screen

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-11 08:43 PM
    just got a 16gb unit a couple of days ago. I have an iphone 3gs and haven't had anything BB in many many years.

i'm new to the forum too!
    10-14-11 06:49 AM
    Just picked up a 16Gig PB. I was worried when I started to see the "sales are over" notices floating around. Bla1ze posted on twitter this morning that stores were starting to go that way.

I ran over to staples and paid $299 for one.

I'm very excited! Just plugged it in and registered my BBID. It's just now doing a software update.

Then it's play time!
    10-15-11 04:38 PM
    Enjoy your shiny new PB's people - and welcome! Next week should be an exciting one!
    todbanner likes this.
    10-15-11 04:42 PM
    Just picked up a 16Gig PB. I was worried when I started to see the "sales are over" notices floating around. Bla1ze posted on twitter this morning that stores were starting to go that way.

I ran over to staples and paid $299 for one.

I'm very excited! Just plugged it in and registered my BBID. It's just now doing a software update.

Then it's play time!
    Sweet enjoy your playbook.
    todbanner likes this.
    10-15-11 05:46 PM
    I just bought my playbook and I already have a stuck pixel. It's brand spanking new and already have this problem. The sales rep at Radioshack told me the only way I can return it is by paying a 15% restocking fee. Other than that, my complaints are the same as others: crappy applications, lack of certain native apps....... BUT this device has major potential, hopefully it can live up to it
    10-16-11 02:37 PM
    Picked up a 64Gb on saturday, here in Ozland, for $398. Would've got 2 if they had stock. very happy and waiting for the next update.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-11 04:31 PM
    I was quite fortunate...I won a 16GB Playbook in an online contest. Can't beat free!
    10-17-11 07:56 AM
    I got mine last Friday as a Christmas/Birthday gift from my amazing mother inlaw, she was lucky enough to grab one from Futureshop for 299 plus a free screen protector/2 year warrenty. I am loving this device, I use it mainly for watching movies/web browsing on the train and if i need to do some work from the train it does it flawlessly, love having the playbook.

Makes it even better when i have the Torch 9860 to bridge it with.

Thanks RIM for an amazing device cant wait for Tomorrow DevCON
    10-17-11 10:42 AM
    Got mine from Macconnection for $299 2 days ago, got it delivered today.
    10-20-11 10:00 PM
    Got the 32gb day before the sale went off at Office Depot. I'm geeked!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    10-20-11 10:39 PM
    Good things come to those who wait...and wait Reluctant to purchase the Playbook (per the old adage, never buy the first generation of anything), but couldn't pass up the sale price. Purchased a 16GB PB through Amazon and the tablet was DOA out of the box Online seller sent me to RIM instead of shipping a replacement because of the warranty. RIM was great: had to jump through the proverbial hoops with tech support until they concluded what I already knew; it was a goner. Received the replacement tablet the next day and sent my dearly departed to their Service Center (RIM provided prepaid overnight FedEx packaging and label). RIM does put a $$$ hold on your credit card when they send a replacement until they receive the defective unit. I'll be checking my account on Monday to be sure that "hold" is cleared.

Anyway....the new PB is securely housed in an Otterbox case (the extra weight is worth the protection) and seems to be working beautifully. I downloaded the OTA version of BB Bridge from the link provided by RROYY and it's working seamlessly with my 9700. Most of my university colleagues have iEverythings but I can see the potential for this nifty tablet. It's a work tool primarily for me. Earlier this year, I put away my 9700 for a used iPhone for a few months, but was happy to go back. The iPhone is great, but the BB serves my purpose.

Very grateful for all of generous advice and support on this forum. Thanks for being here!
    10-22-11 11:28 AM
    (In 's voice: ) Like mah status if you buy'in Playbook and you think dis da sh!t
    10-22-11 11:37 AM
    Just got a 16GB PlayBook last week. Planning to upgrade to a 32GB if all goes well.
    10-24-11 08:32 PM
    I got a playbook and I am hoping that RIM gets things nailed down soon. I like the size and weight so far. Now if Citrix (Goto Meeting) and Autodesk get on this it would be the killer tablet for the construction/engineering field.
    10-24-11 08:53 PM
  21. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    just got a 16gb unit a couple of days ago. I have an iphone 3gs and haven't had anything BB in many many years.

i'm new to the forum too!
    Enjoy! ... the Playbook is amazing! ... and only getting better with upcoming 2.0 software release ....
    10-24-11 09:37 PM
    i got mine about a month ago. Still needs a few specific apps to be complete for me but I really like this device.
    10-24-11 10:03 PM
    32GB PlayBook came in the mail with a Blackberry 9900 today
    11-09-11 03:33 AM
    got mine too. absolutely love it.
    11-09-11 03:41 AM
    I got my Playbook and i like it. Form factor,built quality and superb screen are just great. However support of flash is not perfect and i would like to finally see Skype. Also some websites do not work properly with Playbook like Google maps or google docs. is there way to report sites that do not work well with Playbook to Rim ?
    11-09-11 06:15 AM
1,192 ... 3334353637 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD