w00t! I picked up my Playbook from Staples yesterday as well. Though i had an issue with the OS update it's been working great ever since. I need some apps though so i'm going to work on that stat!
    07-21-11 07:55 AM
    Did you use the $100 coupon (link) that was posted on CB yesterday?

Just making sure they are accepting it for the PB. I called my local store this morning the was told the coupon should be accepted.

-Rich

w00t! I picked up my Playbook from Staples yesterday as well. Though i had an issue with the OS update it's been working great ever since. I need some apps though so i'm going to work on that stat!
    07-21-11 09:13 AM
    So here's the dealeo....

I had the Playbook at launch but then returned it because I thought it wasn't for me. Between now and then I've had the Touchpad, Transformer, and iPad 2.

I'm crawling back and I'm picking up the 16GB Playbook from Staples w/$100 off coupon today.

There is not ONE tablet on the current market that allows for the file transfer capabilities of the QNX OS. I also miss the actual portability of a 7" tablet and hated feeling like a tool busting out the other devices at my local restaurant.

I will be back later today, sporting a Playbook....
    07-21-11 11:02 AM
    So here's the dealeo....

I had the Playbook at launch but then returned it because I thought it wasn't for me. Between now and then I've had the Touchpad, Transformer, and iPad 2.

I'm crawling back and I'm picking up the 16GB Playbook from Staples w/$100 off coupon today.

There is not ONE tablet on the current market that allows for the file transfer capabilities of the QNX OS. I also miss the actual portability of a 7" tablet and hated feeling like a tool busting out the other devices at my local restaurant.

I will be back later today, sporting a Playbook....
    Good for you! Welcome back!
    07-21-11 11:05 AM

Just making sure they are accepting it for the PB. I called my local store this morning the was told the coupon should be accepted.

-Rich
    I used the $100 coupon yesterday to buy my Playbook. No problems from the people at Staples. The guy I talked to knew about the promotion and was very helpful.
    eduardo53 likes this.
    07-21-11 03:05 PM
    i got my playbook for a killer deal on ebay, 375 brand new free shipping, 16gb. i absolutely love this thing! its so darn powerful and the bridge great. i had my 9700 2 floors above me and i was still getting emails and bbms. i also thought it was kind of cool chat roulette works on it haha. but i normally dont do that
    07-21-11 08:01 PM
    picked up a 16 Gb with the staples coupon. glad i waited and i'm very happy with the purchase.
    07-21-11 08:29 PM
    I've had my PB for about 6 hours now and so far I like it. I have to upgrade my data plan so I can tether with my Torch when there is no wifi around. No biggie. I'm currently transfering a movie, hope it'll work (digital copy from a disk). I chose the PB over the iPad2 because:
    - compact size
    - sync with my Torch so when I read email for example it shows as read on the Torch as well
    - I'm a Blackberry girl from the beginning
    - flash
    - word/excel for free
    - better cameras

I'm really enjoying all the advice from these forums!
    07-21-11 08:43 PM

-Rich
    Yes, the coupon worked. Some employees may not be aware of the promotion and may go confirm but it's as legit as it gets!

It's great, but i just wish there were more apps right now.

Hope you pick one up!
    07-21-11 10:57 PM
    i got mine on Sunday and i must say, an impressive piece of hardware. good screen, good sound, good OS. But bridge browser doesnt work for me and there aren't enough apps to make me ditch my iPad yet. So for now, its just a giant bb Torch (think i can do more in Torch!) for work emails & surfing.
    07-22-11 01:50 AM
    I have had the playbook now for a month. Never had any problems. I am taking this with me everywhere I go. My torch just stays on my hip. Using 5 emails, Blackberry Messenger, music, videos, etc. Its perfect for my needs. I have been downloading documents from work, and when I enter a meeting all I have is my Playbook. I am also able to connect to my companies ERP system at work and do everything right from my playbook. The screen size and weight is right on.

I'm a major fan of the PB and I know it is going to be the future. The bridge to your phone is so key plus having the storage on your phone. The ability to move files from your laptop to PB to your phone is so simple. You can do whatever you want.

I am one HAPPY CAMPER.........
    07-22-11 09:56 AM
    I just got mine last night and I haven't stopped using it!!!! seriously!! I'm typing with one hand and PB'ing with the other!

One thing though, I tried to send myself an email with a wallpaper and when I opened it up in bridge, i did not see the email... BUMMER guess i'll have to wait until my work approves this for Wifi.

RIGHT ON!!!!
    07-22-11 12:32 PM
    i just picked mine up today from staples with the 100 dollar off coupon.so glad i chose this tablet over the others. you cant beat the bridge apps IMO. posting this from my playbook now.
    07-22-11 01:54 PM
    My gf has been having problems with her laptop that she got from Best Buy so she took it to the Geek Squad to have it replaced (3-4 week wait). I've been staying at her place lately and that's the only laptop in the house.

Got the laptop back 3 weeks later and it was still broken, so while I was at work my gf took the laptop to Geek Squad and when I got home from work she told me that it'd be another 3-4 weeks..then she told me to open up the box the laptop came in to look over the Geek Squad paperwork and low and behold..there was a Playbook inside! Needless to say, I think I'm in love....(with her and the PB )
    07-22-11 02:30 PM
    Yep. Got mine 2 days ago and after 48 hours I am glad I got it.

Bridge works flawlessly for me as does tether. I got it primarily because I commute via train about 40 minutes each way every day and the ability to stream music, read, BBM and check email all in the small form factor is important. The size is perfect, I had an iPad for a while and it was not small enough for my liking. I also really like how this compliments my berry as opposed to it being a completely separate device.

Awesome device and hopefully RIM continues to improve on it.
    07-22-11 05:13 PM
    Woot! Just got mine ordered!~

Won a 16GB iPad 2 in a contest - sold it on eBay for $550 - bought a new PB 32GB for $475 - bought a solid case and micro-HDMI cable - still made a tidy profit.

YARR HARR!~
    BBB297 likes this.
    07-22-11 06:00 PM
    Got mine yesterday with the Staples coupon.
    07-22-11 08:17 PM
    Thanks, Stlbb! Also for all those who are disappointed they didnt get in on the $100 off at staples dont be! I called and for the exact same 2yr warrenty that covers everything its $250 and at best buy it was $150 so if you want an everything 2 yr warrenty you save nothing! My Playbook is only a week old so I thought to myself sweet I'll take this 1 back to best buy and get a 32 instead of a 16gb for the same price! At 1st best buy was going to charge me more but the manager came along and said they just recently restructured the warrenty prices. I dont know if this is everywhere but its at least the case in best buy in columbus ohio.
    07-22-11 08:25 PM
    I bought mine from the Singapore airport last Saturday and set it up on Wednesday. I am definitely loving it though I hope they fix the Native email & keyboard issues (first alphabet capitalization, spell check, 'i' capitalization) and then for me it is a perfect device. Love the browser experience & 7" form factor.
    07-23-11 04:52 AM
    got mine last week love it & my storm 2
    07-23-11 10:54 AM
    Hello!

This is my first post! And its here because I just got my Playbook!!

Got it from Amazon for $360 after a special price from one of the vendors and applying my Amazon points to it!! A great deal if you ask me. Free shipping too!
    07-23-11 08:41 PM
    I have played with the PlayBook in stores several times but could never convince myself that it was worth the asking price, mainly because of the severe lack of major applications. In the last few days I've been watching the local classifieds. It is unbelievable how cheap the PlayBook is going for second hand. Yesterday I was meeting someone to buy his brand new in box PB 64G for $475. The guy did not show up. I was a bit upset so I went to a store and considered buying a new one. Again, I couldn't pull the trigger. Today I bought a used PB 32G in mint condition for $300. I did a security wipe, updated and reconfigured everything and in less than an hour I had everything working. I bought $10 worth of apps from App World. I think this tablet is spectacularly good. It is a shame that it is missing so many major apps that are available on other platforms.
    07-23-11 10:25 PM
    Just bought a 16G from Office Depot who took $100 off to match the Staples coupon price.

07-24-11 02:06 AM
    Thanks again Stlbb! The Skype video chat really does work! The only issue I have with it is that while chatting you can only use the rear camera, thats kind of a drag. unless im just not smart enough to figure out a setting or something to switch it to front camera...which is entirely possible!lol!
    07-24-11 04:51 PM
    Well I bit the bullet. I got one at Staples today with the coupon, charging now. I thought about a used one but just liked the thought of a new one better and with the $100 off I finally jumped.

Now the wait begins LOL. So far the little I've used it seems like it is going to work good for me.
    07-24-11 07:59 PM
1,192 ... 2829303132 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD