I got my PlayBook over the weekend. Just a 16GB unit. It's replaced the "living room laptop" that just suffered a HD crash. It was old anyway and this was the excuse to finally get something current.

Very, very happy with this choice so far.

Question: Did you guys go for extra warranty through Future Shop or Best Buy? I opted out, trusting RIM. But I'm second guessing cheaping out of the $75. I still have 7 days to go buy it if I change my mind.
    07-12-11 12:53 PM
    I got my PlayBook over the weekend. Just a 16GB unit. It's replaced the "living room laptop" that just suffered a HD crash. It was old anyway and this was the excuse to finally get something current.

Very, very happy with this choice so far.

Question: Did you guys go for extra warranty through Future Shop or Best Buy? I opted out, trusting RIM. But I'm second guessing cheaping out of the $75. I still have 7 days to go buy it if I change my mind.
    Got mine at BB...they included a one year on line service plan with the GS, which is basically useless, however I did get two free excessories and $100 off the origional MRP, honestly for a gadget like this I think the one year MW is good enough, but thats just me. Enjoy you purchase
    Cheers
    07-12-11 01:04 PM
    anyone know how to reset blackberry id- I put in the wrong one and want to change it..
    you need to do a security wipe.
    07-12-11 04:00 PM
    Finally got my hand on a playbook. Love everything about it but 1. I can't seem to get the device software to work on my mac. When i first connected piboy (yes, i name all my gadgets ) it downloaded the device software then it asked me to restart when it came back to life it says that it needs an I.P. ----- Any suggestions? Thanks
    I would first uninstall the desktop software you have on now, restart your mac, then go to Cell Phones, Smartphones & Mobile Phones from BlackBerry.com, download the latest version, and try again. i always get my desktop software from the site cause it'll always be the latest version.
    07-12-11 04:05 PM
    I have my Playbook for over 2 months and I am very happy with my decision to buy it. But I want native email client and android player.
    07-13-11 07:22 AM
    Hey everybody! I just received my 16gb Playbook as a gift from my wife. It is everything I expected and a great companion to my Bold 9650. I was wondering why the group chat in BBM does not work. No biggie as long as my Bold is standing by...Now time to purchase some toys...LOL
    07-13-11 12:43 PM
    Got my playbook about 3 weeks ago basically brand new from a local guy through craigslist. Came with all the paper work the box and the case for it. The screen is amazing and the broswer and media player are out of this world. Everything else that comes in the future will be icing on the cake. Great device that never leaves my side
    07-14-11 01:09 PM
    Got it two days ago because QNX was promised by Amiga Inc, the company that got Amiga from Gateway after Commodore's crash and burn... QNX has true pre-emptive multitasking, as did the beloved Amiga. I KNEW I would be going back to that frustration: mainstream yawns, Apple users get great software, and we Amigan/Playbookers struggle with the likes of the Facebook App (go read the comments), no Kindle, no Netflix, no great Note Taking app, etc.

And I am having trouble figuring out how to do things, in spite of the great videos from RIM. They never mention just using your computer file system. And then, how do I look at the file system on the Playbook. I bought a couple of file utilities, but I do not even know what the QNX file system is like.

But what a beauty. Slim, sleek, and so responsive to the touch.

Commodore had a chance to get Lotus (then huge) on Amiga, but refused to pay the support price to Lotus. The had a version of Word Perfect, though. Nothing like what the Mac was offering out of the box.

IMHO, RIM should regard the Playbook as a home device, not a business device with some home stuff on the side. It should have shipped with Kindle, Netflix, etc. to establish itself in that market. Instead, I get the sense RIM expects the business side to power things. As a home user, I am a bit worried.

But what a beauty. Slim, sleek, and so responsive to the touch... The machine itself is a joy to use.

The future is bright.
    07-14-11 06:07 PM
    well got my playbook today it seems fitting that the first thing i do with it was post in here. just took it out the box and i love it so far.
    07-15-11 07:28 PM
    After running into a Post. LOL

It was an excuse to upgrade, sold my 16GB and got 64GB.
    07-17-11 12:24 PM
    Ordered my Playbook last week and should have it here tomorrow. I am hoping it will be a great asset along with my Bold 9650. I was going to wait a bit longer, at least till the fall/winter but I can really use it now.
    07-17-11 06:33 PM
    64gb.. purchased the blackberry case/stand.. its pretty great.. cnt have it charging and closed but thats not too big of a deal.. think im about to be using the sleeve that it came with.. the bb case is nice but i do notice the difference in girth.. love how mobile it is.. made the right decision..
    07-18-11 12:02 AM
    I just got the 16gb PB Ilove it! though for it to be perfect I want SMS through the Bridge, Skype for the Video chat (especially since I know no one with a PB) and a torrent app like the Samsung Galaxy!
    07-18-11 05:06 AM
    I just got the 16gb PB Ilove it! though for it to be perfect I want SMS through the Bridge, Skype for the Video chat (especially since I know no one with a PB) and a torrent app like the Samsung Galaxy!
    You can use Skype in the borwser using IMO
    07-18-11 09:21 AM
    I just got my 16 GIG the other day, compared to my Ipad or Samsung, this is the best 7" tablet going, period! The all around feel of it is better, the software being able to multi-task was the deciding factor, compared to the HP. I had spent sometime messing around with the HP and it's OSweb, but kept coming back to PB.
    07-18-11 02:07 PM
    Typing on the 16gb Playbook I bought a few hours ago at Best Buy in southern California. Got it to replace an iPad 2 that was stolen in a break in. So far so good but I'm already missing the Kindle app. The Apple section of Best Buy looks like a shrine while one lone lopsided, scratched PB lay next to a slew of android tablets....the power source was damaged and the employees could not even turn it on. I'm most likely their only sale!
    07-18-11 03:50 PM
    i got mine woot
    07-18-11 06:51 PM
    WooooHoooo!!!!

my 32gig PB is finally here!

the bridge feature is worth the price of admission, and the display is awesome.

This thing is a beast!
    07-18-11 10:07 PM
    I got my Playbook and all I can say is; "Powerful. Portable. Playbook."
    07-18-11 11:05 PM
    it is really funny that most crackberrys with PB dont have anyone on their bb list with playbook so they can video chat...crazy stuff
    07-19-11 02:45 AM
    I have mine ! a 32GB, from digitec... since about 3 weeks.

love it
    07-19-11 01:40 PM
    Stlbb, are you saying I can use playbook video chat with skype in my browser?
    07-19-11 05:13 PM
    Got mine! Loving it! cant wait to get an HDMI cable for it and hook it up to my HD TV at home with a wireless keyboard and mouse!
    07-20-11 08:38 AM
    Stlbb, are you saying I can use playbook video chat with skype in my browser?
    Yes you can. Just go to imo.im and you will be set up.
    07-20-11 12:55 PM
    Picked up my new 16gb Playbook today at Staples. This tablet is awesome. No problems with the Setup (including the OS upgrade) and bridging with my 9650. I look forward to using my Playbook both for work and for fun.
    07-20-11 07:11 PM
1,192 ... 2728293031 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD