yehaaaaaaaaaaaa..........mine is coming
    tomorrow.....yabedabeduuuuuuu
    05-11-11 05:29 AM
    From Thailand,,

got a playbook 2 days ago !! <3 from a shop that import the products from US still, the playbook cant read Thai Language so well yet, the words are in the right order but the vowels are all in wrong order :| hoping that playbook will officially be sell in Thailand soon,, i wanna read Thai and type Thai properly

also... when bridge with my bb,,, i dont see the bbm app... or its becuz i use bold 9000? with the v.5 firmware?

ANYWAY,,, I LOVE BB, AND I LOVE MY PB <3
    05-11-11 11:24 AM
    I just picked mine up...took me a while to connect to a hidden open ssid. Actually wouldn't recognize it, then I read somewhere to to a hard reboot (and since I've been reading these threads so much, I knew exactly how to do it) pushed all the top buttons down,turned it back on, and voila connected.

Downloaded the Bridge App via OTA (on ATT) and just testing out all the functionality.
    05-11-11 03:51 PM
    Picked up my PB this morning, already love it! it rocks, now I must consult the apps/games section of the forums!
    05-11-11 06:32 PM
  5. Team-Blackberry-Crackberry-Verizon's Avatar
    I would like to say my playbbok is here in my hands. I bought it on 5-5-2011 AND its been almost as week. And very very happy with it. Thank You RIM & BEST/BUY.
    05-11-11 08:24 PM
    EDIT: Got my PB, loving it!
    Last edited by Venichie; 05-12-11 at 12:36 AM.
    05-12-11 12:32 AM
    Hi. New user here. Just got my Playbook a week ago which also happens to be my first RIM product. This site has been very helpful to me especially with the whole Video Chat battery issue. I was really pissed with the battery life at first but now it's just awesome.
    05-12-11 05:47 AM
    Happy to say that my pb finally arrived!
    Loving it.
    05-12-11 08:47 AM
    I waited until 2nd software release to purchase expected the PB to be focused on the professional user. Returned it today.

With the exception of the excellent browser, not one of the performance specs adds up to reality. Battery life 10 hours? try less then 2 at best with low screen power. Blackberry bridge to see your emails? forget about it it is slow, does not view any attachements, and frequently crashes.

I will wait. Not intersted in iPad for business apps, I have one and I only use it to entertain the kids on long flights.
    I didn't deal with a single issue you came across. Did you perform any of the updates? A couple of those things were mentioned pre-.1868, but this is the first I've heard of them since then. I have had it crash one time and I can see most attachments sent to me. If I was able to see it on my BB then I see it on my PB.
    05-12-11 03:38 PM
    I just got mine tonight and I am using it right now. So far I like it.
    05-13-11 02:39 AM
    If anyone ordered their playbook online through Blackberry, could you please tell me the rough dimensions and weight of the box it was shipped in, please?

Thank you!
    05-13-11 06:24 AM
    Lagos, Nigeria,

Had to bring mine in from the US and finally just got mine here in Lagos and WOW!!!! is the word, 64gb of sheer beauty. Got through my OS update easily and tried out the bridge with my 9780 works pretty well i might say, now going to see all what this baby can do. Good looking out RIM and especially the Crackberry Nation
    05-13-11 08:05 AM
    Loving mine after two days with it. Bridge works excellent. Love the BBM with bridge. I got the 32GB model. Can't wait for a T4BB app for this. My browser defaults to Twitter mobile page. Blah. Otherwise love the PB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-11 08:55 AM
    got a 32gig pb yesterday. loving it so far!
    05-14-11 06:02 AM
    I got mine yesterday! In Singapore! Awesome device
    hi verloren, where did you buy your blackberry playbook from? im from sg too and im interested in getting one! possible to state where and how much you got it for? thanks!
    05-14-11 06:50 AM
    On my second. The wifi problems with the first have continued with the second.

That said, I love the kit. Want to keep it. On the fence daily, though, because of the continuing wifi issues, PDF problems, Podcast download issues, browser hangs, etc..

Have another seven days before my return date at Future Shop is up.

Being a fanboy, do the longtime BB users expect updates to come thick and fast? And do you think the known problems can be fixed by the updates? I don't want an iPad. But the seamless way the iPhone/MacbookPro and my wife's iPad work together is compelling. I understand the PB is a debut product, but I guess not knowing the RIM ecosystem, I'm a little gun shy.

Any help, suggesttions, feedback much appreciated. There is so much I love about it, I want it to work. Thx.
    05-14-11 07:59 AM
    Never officially posted. Got a 32G launch day. The day before my 2 weeks were up I returned it for the 64G. Pretty happy with it so far. Looking forward to updates
    05-14-11 08:07 AM
    Happy to report that I got my PlayBook late last night. Updated it this morning.. and using it with bridge right now to post

Awesome performance, battery is lasting well... browsing is good, and was busy sending mail, bbm and browsing all at the same time. Works great!

I am on the newest Vodaphone uk update for my 9520 and latest os for PlayBook.

Can only see it getting better A thnx to Rim for a quality product.

ps... had to scramp and save... but got a 16Gig
    05-14-11 10:07 AM
    Picked up a 16gb playbook for my wife for Mothers Day. She absolutely loves it. I returned that one to staples and picked up a 32gb playbook instead. Day after i picked up the original one Staples emailed me coupons. Needless to say $70 off the price was worth upgrading to the 32gb version.
    05-15-11 07:59 AM
    Picked up a 16gb playbook for my wife for Mothers Day. She absolutely loves it. I returned that one to staples and picked up a 32gb playbook instead. Day after i picked up the original one Staples emailed me coupons. Needless to say $70 off the price was worth upgrading to the 32gb version.
    What coupon did you use?
    05-15-11 11:38 AM
    Returned. The sequel. A sad day. Loved it but so many issues that were deal breakers. Intermittent Wifi, slow browser, PDF support and a buggy podcast app chief among them. A shame. If I had 30 day return, maybe RIM could have come in under the wire with some updates. With only a few days left, I had no choice.

So, still looking for a 7" tablet. Maybe I'll hold off till the summer and see where the Playbook is then.

Good luck, all. Cheers.
    05-15-11 03:56 PM
    Bought my PB on the 13th. Played with it pretty hard for 2.5 days.

Browser is first rate. Better than my lap top on my home WIFI. Have not had a single issue. Bridging works great. It isn't super fast by any means but it works. Using it to surf would be time consuming but using it to read and email is just fine and it's free.

I've not had a single crash.

The display is simply awesome. I put the PB and ipad next to each other in the store and the PB display is the real deal. The Apple product is very good but compared to the PB it's like an animation. A very good animation but still an animation compared to the raw power of true HD.

The portability of the device is excellent. Battery life is easily 8 to 10 hours.

The Playbook is already a heavyweight piece of technology and further refinements of this device will truly unleash the power of its operating system.

OK. Back to NFS.

(message sent via my lucky PB)
    05-15-11 07:44 PM
    What coupon did you use?
    Staples dot ca was sending coupons out for any items. I signed up a few years ago. Stacked three of them. $15 off, $25 off and $30 off. Had to spend over $550 to get the $70 off. It was online or phone ordering only as well. Ordered online as phoning in may cause problems to use 3 coupons on one item.
    05-15-11 10:22 PM
    Can i render my PC unusable if i get the playbook, in other words can i do everything on the play book that i can do on the PC?
    05-15-11 10:56 PM
    Can i render my PC unusable if i get the playbook, in other words can i do everything on the play book that i can do on the PC?
    Can you render your PC unusable?

No.

The Playbook, as lovely as it is, still won't run Windows software. It also doesn't have any printer drivers for it.

You will probably use your PC less though.
    05-16-11 12:30 AM
1,192 ... 1920212223 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD