I know that this may be an inappropriate place to ask, but it is better than creating a thread. I will be getting my PB in two weeks once a friend ships it over. I'm dying to know if NBA league pass works on the PB? And if it does (and I use bridge), would it use my unlimited BIS internet plan? Or my data plan?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-11 08:32 AM
    got the 32gb model. Loving it so far except the lack of bridge app because I'm on sucky att
    05-07-11 05:07 PM
    I got mine an hour ago. Now I'm at sbux downloading the update (sorta slow, should have gone home & used my wifi). 54% done then I get to play. GF wants to buy my ipad so I'll give her a good deal. Happy right now. Hope flipboard gets released on the playbook soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-11 06:50 PM
    Just got it today. Couldn't be any more impressed!
    05-08-11 01:21 AM
    I just bought one off eBay. I am in the UK and paid �380 for a 16GB from a company in Brighton - will wait and see if this is over the odds. I suspect it will be once they announce prices but I am prepared to pay over to get one early. I am expecting to receive it in three days time!!!!!!! I am such a crackberry addict (I have a 9780 at the moment, previously a 9700) and can't wait to get my hands on it.
    05-08-11 02:50 PM
    I just bought one off eBay. I am in the UK and paid �380 for a 16GB from a company in Brighton - will wait and see if this is over the odds. I suspect it will be once they announce prices but I am prepared to pay over to get one early. I am expecting to receive it in three days time!!!!!!! I am such a crackberry addict (I have a 9780 at the moment, previously a 9700) and can't wait to get my hands on it.

I got mine in Canada and it worked out at just over �350. I expect that UK prices will start at �399
    05-08-11 06:30 PM
    Got mine Friday... office closed early but I stayed late to wait on the FedEx delivery... was TOTALLY worth the wait!!
    05-08-11 07:23 PM
    Well, after 48 hours nearly nonstop working with it, I'm now boxing it up to return.

Thoroughly disappointed.

Amazing form factor and screen. Fantastic OS. Even the Word on the Go is splendid. But, that's about it.

Got my iPhone 4 to tether no problem. Downloaded files from my MacBook Pro no problem, too.

But, the apps are nowhere. How they can release a 'professional grade' tablet without a dedicated Twitter, Netflix and GMail client? Ridiculous. We get NFB and Slasher Radio! WTF! Youtube client is crap. Also, the browser is rough and ready. Too many idocyncracies to make it a success. Even Google has problems. Touch in the browser is funky as well.

But, then we get to the wifi. The thing kept on dropping. Tried the published workaround (already workarounds!) and still problems. PDFs? Forget them. Podcast client. A joke. Cut and paste/edits...hmmm.

Just too many problems and weaknesses for me to live with it. It gives me no pleasure to report these things. It works well in the Apple ecosystem. I wish the apps and the browser were Apple quality. Too bad, because I don't want an iPad.
    05-08-11 09:01 PM
    Well, after 48 hours nearly nonstop working with it, I'm now boxing it up to return.

Thoroughly disappointed.

Amazing form factor and screen. Fantastic OS. Even the Word on the Go is splendid. But, that's about it.

Got my iPhone 4 to tether no problem. Downloaded files from my MacBook Pro no problem, too.

But, the apps are nowhere. How they can release a 'professional grade' tablet without a dedicated Twitter, Netflix and GMail client? Ridiculous. We get NFB and Slasher Radio! WTF! Youtube client is crap. Also, the browser is rough and ready. Too many idocyncracies to make it a success. Even Google has problems. Touch in the browser is funky as well.

But, then we get to the wifi. The thing kept on dropping. Tried the published workaround (already workarounds!) and still problems. PDFs? Forget them. Podcast client. A joke. Cut and paste/edits...hmmm.

Just too many problems and weaknesses for me to live with it. It gives me no pleasure to report these things. It works well in the Apple ecosystem. I wish the apps and the browser were Apple quality. Too bad, because I don't want an iPad.
    Too bad for you! Do you really think it's gonna stay that way for long? Are you THAT impatient? How many apps did the iphone have at the beginning?
    05-08-11 11:21 PM
    What true professional would want a tablet without a Netflix app?

Wait... What?
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-08-11 11:31 PM
    Too bad for you! Do you really think it's gonna stay that way for long? Are you THAT impatient? How many apps did the iphone have at the beginning?
    A fellow Yid should not give me the rolleyes! And you know how impatient we are

In any case, the iPad's first iteration is in another universe compared to the PB. Trust me, I wanted it to work. I want a 7" tablet. And at 580 tax in, the frigging thing better have a browser that;s slick out of the box and hold on to wifi without a workaround.

As an fanboy, I'm used to expensive things working out of the box. It;s just the way it is.

C'mon you Spurs!
    Last edited by audiophilia; 05-09-11 at 06:47 AM.
    05-09-11 06:44 AM
    A fellow Yid should not give me the rolleyes! And you know how impatient we are

In any case, the iPad's first iteration is in another universe compared to the PB. Trust me, I wanted it to work. I want a 7" tablet. And at 580 tax in, the frigging thing better have a browser that;s slick out of the box and hold on to wifi without a workaround.

As an fanboy, I'm used to expensive things working out of the box. It;s just the way it is.

C'mon you Spurs!
    A fellow Yid - awesome!! All is forgiven - except the fact that maybe you have a dud unit! Give it a chance and exchange it. Lots of ppl on here have had no problems. I'll be getting one soon and was playing with one yesterday at Best Buy for ages. They were kind enough to have the thing on wifi and, believe me, everything was as slick as can be! COYS!!!
    05-09-11 11:21 AM
    The PB is nothing more than an EXTENSION of my existing BB Storm2.
    I would buy it if it were $300.
    For almost $600 I cannot buy it with no stand-alone email, calendar & contacts, no editable PDF softare, and unreliable Web Browsing. That would make me a fool, and I'm no fool.

I maintain very low expectations of RIM and I am rarely disappointed.

My advice to those who did buy it: take it back and get an Ipad. I can safely say that you will be MUCH happier.

Me....I'll wait for RIM to finish (and hopefully rename) the PB and then I'll buy one.
    05-09-11 12:37 PM
    did you not read the title of this thread you TROLL
    05-09-11 03:02 PM
    A fellow Yid - awesome!! All is forgiven - except the fact that maybe you have a dud unit! Give it a chance and exchange it. Lots of ppl on here have had no problems. I'll be getting one soon and was playing with one yesterday at Best Buy for ages. They were kind enough to have the thing on wifi and, believe me, everything was as slick as can be! COYS!!!
    I'm going to take ur advice and exchange. If I can get the wifi to work, I can forgive the other things and be patient for software/fixes downloads.

Sir Harry Forever

05-09-11 03:27 PM
    I'm going to take ur advice and exchange. If I can get the wifi to work, I can forgive the other things and be patient for software/fixes downloads.

Sir Harry Forever

That's better, my fellow Cockerel! Now, let's hammer Man City tomorrow and seal 5th place - even without Bale!
    05-09-11 04:47 PM
    I got mine Friday afternoon, and by saturday morning i wanted to get rid of it. wasnt to impressed. BBM just crash and crash , cant seem to get bridge to work good yet. maybe a few more days see.what happens. if not il load a **** load of pictures ane send.it to my mother and she can have a new picture frame with 32 gig thats alot of pics.
    05-10-11 12:38 AM
    my playbook gives me sleepless nights, just like now, 1:58am and still awake, i love it so much and it really change my routine, I love my playbook, it is actually replaced my laptop already. no more time for my laptop
    05-10-11 03:00 AM
    I picked up mine Friday evening and have been enjoying the ease of functionality, along with its solid build. No need for another unboxing pic/video (I don't know how you don't just throw the packaging aside and get to the PB!). I really have had to consciously go to my laptop for various things such as file access on a network computer, or opening certain file types. 32GB is sufficient for now, so I picked up that one.

Bridge and all worked right out of the box, but my wifi didn't connect to one of my routers. I connected it to the standard one AT&T sends out and it took instantly THEN connected to my secondary N router. I love how I walked into my office and it connected to the wifi there since it is a remembered connection on my Curve.
    05-10-11 09:32 AM
    Got a Playbook yesterday =
    05-10-11 09:45 AM
    Got mine yesterday :3 Looking forward to develop some kewl stuff for it
    05-10-11 09:59 AM
    The wifi is now working as advertised on the new PB and my lack of frustration is allowing me to enjoy this fantastic bit of kit. I'm not a gamer (tho NFS is amazing on the PB) and not an app nut, but hoping for some native PB apps like Netflix, Twitter and GMail arrive soon. Also, hoping the PDF anomolies are sorted soon.
    05-10-11 03:12 PM
    I waited until 2nd software release to purchase expected the PB to be focused on the professional user. Returned it today.

With the exception of the excellent browser, not one of the performance specs adds up to reality. Battery life 10 hours? try less then 2 at best with low screen power. Blackberry bridge to see your emails? forget about it it is slow, does not view any attachements, and frequently crashes.

I will wait. Not intersted in iPad for business apps, I have one and I only use it to entertain the kids on long flights.
    05-10-11 04:02 PM
    The wifi is now working as advertised on the new PB and my lack of frustration is allowing me to enjoy this fantastic bit of kit. I'm not a gamer (tho NFS is amazing on the PB) and not an app nut, but hoping for some native PB apps like Netflix, Twitter and GMail arrive soon. Also, hoping the PDF anomolies are sorted soon.
    Glad you got that sorted out!
    05-10-11 04:46 PM
    got mine on yesterday and so far so good. i need to read up more on the forums to fully utilize this. i have plans on rigging this on my truck since i have a 4g mifi with me all the time.
    05-11-11 12:12 AM
1,192 ... 1819202122 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD