The BlackBerry PlayBook (32GB) I pre-ordered on April 17, 2011, arrived on April 29, 2011. None of the issues many people on this forum experienced were evident when I powered-up the BB PB and performed the initial configuration and operating system update to 1.0.0.1710.

Afterwards, I activated bridged-mode between my BlackBerry Bold 9700 and BlackBerry PlayBook to verify functionality of the email, contacts, calendar, memos, tasks but have not bothered with bridged browser yet. Unfortunately, bridged files only shows device memory not the SD media card. Bridge mode is a big selling point and until you see email, for example, on the BlackBerry PlayBook you might not fully appreciate bridge mode if all you have been doing is complaining about missing functionality in this early phase of the products lifecycle.

Then it was on to "playing" with the BlackBerry PlayBook. The sample high-definition movie looked and sounded fantastic on the high-resolution screen. The web browser (WiFi mode) is fluid. I streamed a couple television episodes watching them in full-screen mode. Slacker Radio playback was excellent. 7Digital may or may not meet my musical tastes; time will tell. BlackBerry AppWorld is a bit sparse although I have found enough applications to build upon the good experiences to date.

Oh yeah, after reading a tip about showcase mode the experience has been even better. An SSH client and a native LaTex editor would be icing on the cake. There is still so much functionality to explore.
    04-30-11 01:59 PM
    I just got my Playbook on Friday. Pretty excited. Can't wait for more updates and things available for it.
    04-30-11 04:39 PM
    Got my PB today! Downloading software update now.... ..total 287M...

It(64G) came from other best buy near the hotel I am staying(travel for meeting here), the best buy near my hotel do not the stock, only 16,32G. I was curious enough just now to check the store pick up availability on best buy website.. still in stock......:-)
    04-30-11 07:02 PM
    I just got my playbook today in nigeria...my bro bought it for me in chicago and sent it to nigeria! (64gb) its a very awesome device(it feels good) I haven't accessed it yet because the wi fi here is quite slow and the software update has been on for 11hrs! It is at 96% now tho. I can't wait to play with it
    04-30-11 07:23 PM
    This is not fair, after almost waiting for 12hrs the update failed at 99%
    04-30-11 07:45 PM
    finally it has updated...now i will try to get the update from the desktop manager
    05-01-11 06:36 AM
    I picked up a 32gb Playbook yesterday at futureshop. My girlfriend wasn't very happy I spent that much money on a device i really don't need, but after she calmed down and looked at what it can do, she was very impressed. I made sure to I made sure to load a bunch of her pictures and movies on it before I showed her.
    05-01-11 08:07 AM
    Got one to test for work, I think I got a dud, I'll be talking with the vendor about exchanging the unit. The WiFi keeps dropping, cant browse simple sites without losing signal. I've listed all other devices that connect to my WiFi without any problems in another thread.
    05-01-11 09:47 AM
    Picked my up last Thursday and so far this thing is great! Runs quick and smooth, bridge works great so far on a Curve. overall no issues to report. Only regret is I bough the 16GB, but on a budget so it will have to do. I give the browser props for supporting file upload, now I can use it with our company field web app. Looking forward to some amazing software updates and apps in the future. Cant put it down wife is getting jeoulous ;p
    05-01-11 11:02 AM
    I got mine first day from Office Depot and could not be happier. I am using it with my Tour 9630.

Some comments and suggestions:

The battery life is terrific. Between work and home it lasts all day.
    The display and interface is very impressive. Media video and sound quality look and sound good.

Bridge works well on messages but I am having the same issue others have with the browser. Pages get hung up. Need to fix that in an update.

A full version of adobe would be great. Being able to create and edit PDF documents is critical.

Being able to print from the device is also necessary.

The word and power point products need upgrades. Spell check function is limited and animations in power point are not active.

Netflix interface would also be appreciated.

Some of these may already have solutions but I have not figured it out yet.

This device has the potential of allowing me to ditch my 8 year old tablet laptop with these enhancements.
    05-01-11 03:37 PM
    Just got my playbook! I live in Portugal and everything seems to be working perfectly! Bought the 16gb version from ebay and i'm hooked. just waiting on apps such as bloomberg. By the way: first post on crackberry and from the playbook
    05-02-11 09:41 AM
    I finally recieved my 16gb PlayBook from Crackberry today (5-2-11). I'm grateful that I won the the Birthday contest, but I became annoyed and impatient with the amount of time it took me to recieve my prize. However since I started saving for the PlayBook back in Sept I decided to purchase the 32gb PlayBook and haven't look back. I'm VERY pleased with this device, I give the Playbook a 8 out of 10....with room to grow. TRUE, there are "KEY" ingredients missing from RIM "first" tablet, but all and all its been a great experience, I've had NO problems as of yet, I'm glad that the Blackberry PlayBook can be "UPDATED" to correct undesirable problems.....The PlayBook is made of quality from which I've come to expect from RIM. IT IS A BLACKBERRY!!
    Last edited by spencerdl; 05-22-11 at 08:04 PM.
    05-02-11 11:23 AM
    Just got my playbook! I live in Portugal and everything seems to be working perfectly! Bought the 16gb version from ebay and i'm hooked. just waiting on apps such as bloomberg. By the way: first post on crackberry and from the playbook
    Ol� ChicoPB! J� somos pelo menos 2 em Portugal :-)

just saying to ChicoPB that there is at least 2 PlayBooks in Portugal. I just received mine today and am now updating ^_^
    05-02-11 05:19 PM
    i first purchased a 16 gig device, but returned it and got a 32 when i realized, there is something exciting going on under the hood of this baby...

i've stopped carrying my ipad around with me...and now carry around my Playbook....

i cannot wait for the 1.0.3 update...

cheers....
    05-02-11 08:18 PM
    i first purchased a 16 gig device, but returned it and got a 32 when i realized, there is something exciting going on under the hood of this baby...

i've stopped carrying my ipad around with me...and now carry around my Playbook....

i cannot wait for the 1.0.3 update...

cheers....
    05-02-11 08:19 PM
    picked up my32gb Playbook yesterday. updated and bridged and apps downloaded with our new news for Facebook and all today. Typing this from the comfort of my couch now.
    05-02-11 09:32 PM
    Ol� ChicoPB! J� somos pelo menos 2 em Portugal :-)

just saying to ChicoPB that there is at least 2 PlayBooks in Portugal. I just received mine today and am now updating ^_^
    Boa! Agora vou comecar a mostrar o playbook para ver se a moda pega porque e um tablet mesmo bom!

(cool! now i'm gonna start showcasing my playbook so that it catches on because this is a really good tablet!)
    05-02-11 11:16 PM
    Just got mine Going to the toilet will never be the same..
    05-03-11 04:04 AM
    got my developer one this morning totally love it
    05-03-11 11:55 AM
    I got my PlayBook at the PlayBook Event in Chicago, and i LOVE IT!!! i was so gonna buy one, thankfully i didn't have too.
    05-04-11 04:19 PM
    I know i said i wasnt going to get one but i got one yesterday, havent been able to put it down. I made the mistake of going to Best Buy and looked and played with one for a few minutes, also played with the xoom for a few minutes and as somone with no tablet experience at all i clearly made a good choice
    05-04-11 05:04 PM
    I got my PlayBook at the PlayBook Event in Chicago, and i LOVE IT!!! i was so gonna buy one, thankfully i didn't have too.
    Some people have all the luck Silvia! I'm just dying to get hold of one, but can't do it just yet. Enjoy!
    05-04-11 05:09 PM
    I know i said i wasnt going to get one but i got one yesterday, havent been able to put it down. I made the mistake of going to Best Buy and looked and played with one for a few minutes, also played with the xoom for a few minutes and as somone with no tablet experience at all i clearly made a good choice
    ...and slowly, they come into the fold! Enjoy!
    05-04-11 05:11 PM
    finally take the jump and buy 32GB. now updating to 1868
    05-05-11 07:47 AM
    Wow a free playbook and a pic with Joakim Noah cool.
    05-05-11 09:49 AM
1,192 ... 1617181920 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD