[/B]

Why do you need to sync it? Isn't that what the bridge is for? That way it mirrors your phone and no need to sync yet another device with it.
    I want to transfer my music and pic files from my 9550 to the PB. Presently when Bridged, I can only view emails, msgs etc. I want to access and transfer more files from my phone. And forgive me, but perhaps "sync" wasn't the most accurate term for loading files from my storm to the PB. I am a bit of a newb.
    04-20-11 01:30 PM
    I got my playbook yesterday and absolutely love it... only real issue i have with it right now is that when I play music while headphones are plugged in, the sound sometimes is really faded at certain parts of the songs. they sound fine without headphones and the headphones work well when plugged into another device...
    04-20-11 01:53 PM
    Just got my playbook today! I work at staples and we haven't sold any yet, including my local best buy. But I still have really high hopes for this tablet and the OS's future. Thats why I bought one! I'm now once again back into the blackberry family.
    04-20-11 02:02 PM
    I am starting to see random issue with screen sync. I tap somewhere and it thinks I tapped somewhere else. For example playing bubble birds. I tapped on the left of the screen and the bird flew to the right and another time I tapped and the screen switched apps. Just wondering if anyone else is seeing this.

- Update. I noticed the problems i was having seemed to be happening while my playbook was physically hot tot the touch. I think it was the cheap 3rd party charger I was using. I noticed today at work the charge was actually going down while plugged in and using the playbook with that charger. I grabbed my charger for my Torch and its been smooth sailing ever since. I do LOVE this thing. Can't wait until we get a few more apps. (BBM, some sort of video conferencing software, maybe the android software implementation)
    Last edited by crackhead007; 04-21-11 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Update
    04-20-11 02:45 PM
    I got mines this morning and i love it so far.
    04-20-11 03:43 PM
    I got mine Today ! I went to staples yesterday, messed with it, wanted to check it in hand before buying it.
    Anyway, now that I have it, I LOVE IT, however one of the questions is: Is there any file manager/file explorer for the Pb? I looked but I couldn't find any. Also in bridge mode, I tried Bridge Files and I couldnt see any of my files within the folders, meaning (I can see my phone folders but when i open them there is nothing inside).
    I have a metro pcs BB, and the bridge allowed me to use internet using my phone which was sweeet (not the fastest but still cool).
    Given the fact that there is no skype or any other app to use the front facing camera, I navigated to chatrouletter.com (just because it is 100% flash and it accesses the webcam on the computer)... Well the page loaded and it kept saying loading and no video showed. I then tried going to ooVoo, and the page where the video chat is supposed to start didnt even load, it stayed white.

Just couple of notes maybe someone has answers to or knows anything about. The front facing camera is not a big deal, but... File Manager ??? Where is it??
    04-20-11 04:47 PM
    What do you mean by screen sync ???
    04-20-11 04:50 PM
    Ok, I admit it, I am chicken when it comes to new devices and operating systems, because if something doesn't work I have no clue how to fix it. I am still using my 9700 and was still on OS5 til yesterday, when I was feeling bored so I took the plunge to OS6 (praying like heck it would work and not cause problems like I've read on CB). Wow, what an improvement! I just went into desktop manager and followed the prompts and presto, in 40 min it was done! There was no shrinking of anything (no clue what that is either but read about it lots on CB), no fiddling, it just plain worked. My device runs like new and I love it.

So today I got even braver and wandered into Bestbuy to test out a Playbook, because I was intrigued with the idea that it could be a larger version of my 9700 with an easier to read screen. I have never owned an ipad, but my son has an ipod touch so I am familiar with that. I was blown away with the Playbook and bought one within 10 min, after a terrific lesson from the rep in Bestbuy. I love how everything is on the screen at once and you can multi-task.................unlike the ipod/ipad where you constantly have to hit the "back" button and re-open a new thing to do. There are no buttons aside from on/off and volume, it's all finger gestures and a non-tech person like me picked it up in only a few minutes. I set up the bridge in under 5 min, again, it worked perfectly. I am now getting emails on it through the bridge, internet is amazing and fast, everything seems to work 100%.

This whole experience makes me wonder, why on earth are there so many negative reviews about the Playbook? This thing seems way beyond the ipod/ipad (based on my limited use of ipod touch and playing with an ipad in the store), even I can see that, and I'm no geek. Unless something drastically goes wrong (if it does I will post about it) this Playbook is a keeper for me.
    2ys4u, yenyob and tstrike34 like this.
    04-20-11 06:23 PM
    Got my 64GB and connected to wi-fi seamlessly, downloaded update and vwalla, I am on-line! This is a thing of beauty. Solid build, very, very fast, and oh so cool.
    04-20-11 07:46 PM
    After the initial "backordered" false alarm from Best Buy, I got my 64GB today (overnight delivery!). Best Buy redeemed themselves. Updating software now. It's a beauty.
    04-20-11 08:02 PM
    Mine will arrive tomorrow. Hopefully I won't have the same issues that have been reported here.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-11 08:14 PM
    I was the first one to get mine at my Best Buy.......Cn't put it dwn! It really rolls with high speed connections! Happy to wait on updates! Great job QNX!
    04-20-11 09:38 PM
    Picked up 2 Playbooks today, one for me and one for the wife. WOW what a nice set of devices. Cant wait for more apps.
    04-20-11 11:11 PM
    Once Best Buy showed my preorder as backorder i cancelled it and order from Staples. Overnight shipping for free got me my Playbook today and cheaper and faster than BB.
    04-21-11 12:11 AM
    Picked mine up today(4/20) and I love it. Hardware is great, the UI is fantastic, but the lack of apps brings it way down. In time, this will all improve and that's why I grabbed one now cuz I want to have it as it grows into the ultimate device. Can't wait to do my inventory at work with it. Gonna save me a lot of time.
    04-21-11 12:46 AM
    Got mine last night at the Playbook TO event. This thing is amazing and RIM put on a great party. I have the 32GB one and the graphics and speed are bettr than i thought they would be.
    04-21-11 06:28 AM
    got mine yesterdayi went to a best buy on my lunch just to check it out and walked out with a 16gb and definately dont regret it
    04-21-11 08:53 AM
    mine showed up this morning. a day late canada post sucks! Ran updates and everything appears to be ok!
    04-21-11 09:05 AM
    I got my PlayBook. As a developer, I couldn't wait for the free one to shop up, so I actually bought one retail on launch day. When the free one arrives, I'll probably send it to a family member
    04-21-11 09:59 AM
    I've had mine for a couple days now and I'm absolutely in love with it. I can see a bright future for this tablet. Just need to give the devs time to get apps out and for RIM to get some updates added.

Looks like I need to upgrade to a bold now for the 3G too!
    04-21-11 10:28 AM
    Got mine! Love it!
    04-21-11 10:38 AM
    Got mine on the 19th at Staples in Terrace, BC. 32GB model. It is great. Cant wait for more apps. One thing sucks.You can't add a WiFi printer and print through your network!! I hope that will change in the next few updates!!!
    04-21-11 11:13 AM
    got my 32 G yesterday...but couldn't pop it open until midnight went to sleep at 4 am...too many cool things... i agree with the earlier posts doc to go etc. makes this a true professional tablet. I bought it thinking i was getting a cool gadget will probably end up saving me hours of time a work. THANK RIM
    04-21-11 12:18 PM
    UPS just delivered my 32GB to the office! Took only 9 minutes to download the OS update over the office WiFi. Took more time to install and reboot of course.

Time to get acquainted!
    Last edited by MLE724; 04-21-11 at 12:38 PM.
    04-21-11 12:36 PM
    Mine came to me finally, in the wilds of the Canadian prairies. Upgrading the OS as we type. I'm so happy, I will wax poetically,

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    I just got my Playbook
    but then again, most of you did too!
    04-21-11 02:50 PM
1,192 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD