My pre-order from Staples was delivered today. Sweet.
    04-19-11 09:10 PM
    got mine. loving it............
    04-19-11 09:11 PM
    tick.... tick... tick... hurry up and update! I want to play with you!

Got my 32GB from Office Depot... last one they had!
    04-19-11 09:18 PM
    Stopped by my buddies house to mess around with his PB, I must say it is very nice. Bridge works great and it is def an awesome feature if you also own a BB. Screen is very nice but bright and needs to be turned down a lot. I am loving the new OS, it is very fluid and nice. I still don't know which tablet I want to get yet, though I loved the PB I do think it is a little too small. I know it is going to be great for traveling and it fits and feels great in one hand, but I think it should be bigger. I can't wait to see how the eight inch Samsung tablet is going to look and feel, once I see that one I will make up my mind (iPad is also on my radar, though I am not a big fan of apple and itunes it is still a very nice tablet).
    04-19-11 09:19 PM
    I have my Playbook, the bridge is great between my Playbook and Torch. Very cool

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-11 09:30 PM
    Finally got home and got my Playbook tonight!!! Everything works great and the bridge is working great with my Bold 9650. Consider this post the first of many from my Playbook!!
    04-19-11 09:36 PM
    Got my PlayBook today, finally! After almost 6 months of waiting, I'm typing from one right now! Had a couple issues with bridge and my router but everything appears to be working just fine now.

Very happy with my PlayBook. I'm really amazed with how responsive the screen is and the size is just absolutely perfect. It feels so natural to use and hold which makes reading and browsing so much more enjoyable. I'm convinced that a 10" tablet is an exaggerated size for a tablet.

The only major problem is not autocorrect. Gah, that's killing me lol!
    04-19-11 09:37 PM
    Picked mine up today from staples. Love the size as well! My iPad 2 is supposed to be shipped out next Friday. I'm looking forward to having both for a real good comparison.
    04-19-11 09:44 PM
    Got a 32G from Office Depot. Love it - Still have alot of fooling around to do.
    04-19-11 10:00 PM
    Got my PlayBook today, finally! After almost 6 months of waiting, I'm typing from one right now! Had a couple issues with bridge and my router but everything appears to be working just fine now.

Very happy with my PlayBook. I'm really amazed with how responsive the screen is and the size is just absolutely perfect. It feels so natural to use and hold which makes reading and browsing so much more enjoyable. I'm convinced that a 10" tablet is an exaggerated size for a tablet.

The only major problem is not autocorrect. Gah, that's killing me lol!
    yeah im posting from it too and its got a very good feel to it. thats an upside i didnt expect. i hope we can find an option that enables autocorrect
    04-19-11 10:14 PM
    Just picked mine up. Downloading the update, can't wait to try this thing, so excited!!!!
    04-19-11 10:20 PM
    got mine tonight!

I have to say to those of you that are on the fence about getting one of these...

take the leap...you will not be disappointed
    04-19-11 10:31 PM
    David Pogue of The New York Times writes:
    "The PlayBook, then, is convenient, fast and coherently designed. But in its current half-baked form, it seems almost silly to try to assess it, let alone buy it.

Remember, the primary competition is an iPad � the same price, but much thinner, much bigger screen and a library of 300,000 apps. In that light, does it make sense to buy a fledgling tablet with no built-in e-mail or calendar, no cellular connection, no videochat, Skype, no Notes app, no GPS app, no videochat, no Pandora radio and no Angry Birds?

You should also know that even now, only days before the PlayBook goes on sale April 19, the software is buggy and still undergoing feverish daily revision. And the all-important BlackBerry Bridge feature is still in beta testing. It�s missing important features, like the ability to view e-mail file attachments or click a link in an e-mail.

If all of this gets fixed, the apps arrive, and the PlayBook can survive this year�s onslaught of rival tablets, then it may one day wind up in the pantheon of greats. For now, there are too many features that live only in R.I.M.�s playbook � and not enough in its PlayBook."
    R.I.P., R.I.M.
    04-19-11 11:03 PM
    I got mine yesterday! In Singapore! Awesome device
    04-19-11 11:04 PM
    I got 2 16G, unfortunately Best Buy in my area didn't have any 32G units. But I did do an unboxing video starring my wife
    Enjoy!
    04-19-11 11:10 PM
    i picked one up this morning at office depot. I wasn't sure they were open. They had an employee meeting and when I came in, and told them I was interested in a PlayBook, they indicated they hadn't put them out yet nor set up a demo unit. I just told them I'd like a 16 gb unit and they got one out of the front room. They had all sizes but since they were not out I have no idea how many they had.

Loving it so far, minus the things they need to fix/add.
    04-19-11 11:19 PM
    just got mine from bestbuy! weird thing is: they don't have a 32gb on hand. All 64gb units are reserved/pre-ordered, all 4 of them.

I don't think RIM has enough units to distribute..
    04-19-11 11:46 PM
    I got mine at Office Depot, Best Buy was sold out. Office Depot didn't seem like that had sold any. I got the 64G.
    04-20-11 12:21 AM
    i grabbed one at my local Best Buy. it seemed that only one in the area had a 32gb unit. when i arrived there was a sales person in a blackberry shirt trying to get a unit setup. He was nice but did not know to much about it.

Walked out with my new unit a happy shopper. Like most tech launches it seems that none of the sales people know much. Too bad.
    04-20-11 12:38 AM
    The pb is lighter than the phones....weird if u ax me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-11 01:27 AM
    Had a preordered 64gb on Mar 22 from BB it's now on the way... too late I picked one up at office depot BB you lose!
    04-20-11 02:14 AM
    I received a Playbook today for testing and experimenting. The thing I quickly discovered was that if you weren't at home or using a mobile hotspot, getting beyond the initial setup screen would be tricky.

We utilize enterpise class wi-fi devices in our environment. We also have a Guest wireless network typically used for things that are temporary or we don't want on the internal network. Our guest wireless network is setup the way many hotels and coffee shops are -- hit a web page in a browser to type in a code/password given to you.

After connecting the Playbook to our guest wireless network during the intitial setup screens, I discovered there was no icon or option for me to open a web browser to enter the guest password. This isn't the same as the WPA type of password. The access points appear as "open" to allow the initial connect to the web page to authenticate onto the guest network, so there is technically no security at that point.

But the only way to authenticate onto the guest wireless is to authenticate on the web page which I can't get to because I don't have an option to open a browser at this point on the Playbook.

I continued on though hoping that when it attempted to access the user agreement it would open a browser to allow me to authenticate, but apparently the device hasn't figured that part out yet.

So, the only way I could get past the user agreement screen was to do the initial setup using a mobile hotspot device that was more "open". In my opinion, given the fact that these devices are really targeted towards the corporate environment, this is a huge oversight.

If you have a group that handles this type of thing, then they should be able to be frustrated for you.

I noticed a few other threads with people being stuck at the User Agreement page. The likely reason is that you aren't connecting to the internet, and very likely due to having a wireless setup that requires browser authentication before granting access.

Once I completed the setup using the mobile hotspot, I was able to connect to our Guest Wireless network without any issue since I could actually open a browser after the initial connection to "authenticate"
    04-20-11 02:21 AM
    I received a Playbook today for testing and experimenting. The thing I quickly discovered was that if you weren't at home or using a mobile hotspot, getting beyond the initial setup screen would be tricky.

We utilize enterpise class wi-fi devices in our environment. We also have a Guest wireless network typically used for things that are temporary or we don't want on the internal network. Our guest wireless network is setup the way many hotels and coffee shops are -- hit a web page in a browser to type in a code/password given to you.

After connecting the Playbook to our guest wireless network during the intitial setup screens, I discovered there was no icon or option for me to open a web browser to enter the guest password. This isn't the same as the WPA type of password. The access points appear as "open" to allow the initial connect to the web page to authenticate onto the guest network, so there is technically no security at that point.

But the only way to authenticate onto the guest wireless is to authenticate on the web page which I can't get to because I don't have an option to open a browser at this point on the Playbook.

I continued on though hoping that when it attempted to access the user agreement it would open a browser to allow me to authenticate, but apparently the device hasn't figured that part out yet.

So, the only way I could get past the user agreement screen was to do the initial setup using a mobile hotspot device that was more "open". In my opinion, given the fact that these devices are really targeted towards the corporate environment, this is a huge oversight.

If you have a group that handles this type of thing, then they should be able to be frustrated for you.

I noticed a few other threads with people being stuck at the User Agreement page. The likely reason is that you aren't connecting to the internet, and very likely due to having a wireless setup that requires browser authentication before granting access.

Once I completed the setup using the mobile hotspot, I was able to connect to our Guest Wireless network without any issue since I could actually open a browser after the initial connection to "authenticate"
    For those who has a Windows 7 laptop, I solved this problem using Connectify. I created a personal wifi hotspot after connecting to my company's guest Internet using the laptop. I then used the personal hotspot to download the OS update.

Great device. No complaints (especially with a first generation device with a brand new platform)!
    04-20-11 02:31 AM
    Picked up my 32GB playbook from best buy last night..It was the last one they had.
    04-20-11 04:40 AM
    Got mine from Radio Shack in my home town... They had ONE.

Now they have NONE!!!! hahahaha

Loving it so far, but I have one concern... It seems to be charging extremely slow. Anyone else experiencing this?
    04-20-11 06:27 AM
1,192 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD