What's facebook like??v

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-11 06:32 PM
    I'm browsing the and posting on two forums, and keeping up with the NBA gamecast of the Boston Celtics game, and it doesn't skip a beat.

this thing rocks!!!!
    04-19-11 06:37 PM
    I just bridged my Blackberry phone to my playbook, and I dont have bbm in the blackberry bridge folder, this is the only reason why i bought a playbook in the first place. Am i the only having this problem?
    04-19-11 06:38 PM
    did anyone's playbook bridge come with bbm
    04-19-11 06:41 PM
    There is a problem with the server they say a couple weeks -bbm Kevin posted about this
    04-19-11 06:59 PM
    got mine today!
    04-19-11 07:00 PM
    i came to canada all the way from venezuela, i got my 64Gb Playbook. size is like a half A4 paper and so far very fast and snappy as i hoped, unfortunately no bbm yet.
    04-19-11 07:05 PM
    I GOT MINE!!!

I pre-ordered from Best Buy but all they had was the 16 GB units. Same thing at Staples. I was finally able to find a 64gb, at Office Depot.

-jim
    04-19-11 07:09 PM
    I have mine and lovin it.....
    04-19-11 07:09 PM
    Got my Playbook 3 hours ago. Showed it to my employees, apple just lost a few prospective iPad customers =)
    04-19-11 07:13 PM
    i had to manually sync up to my older BB Bold 9000 but it works great. This screen is very bright have it turned down to half but its still bright, I love the whole experience so far.
    04-19-11 07:16 PM
    I think I am in love....

Picked up a 32 GB tonight at Future Shop. Running very smoothly, no issues with the bridge or other negative experiences people have have been sharing. Cannot figure out how to get documents or movies on this thing but I am sure it'll come very soon!
    04-19-11 07:24 PM
    i got my PB and its AWESOME! i picked up a 64 gb version
    04-19-11 07:40 PM
    Got my PB @ Office Depot. Loving it right now! All the complainers are full of BS to put it mildly!
    04-19-11 07:53 PM
    Picked up my 64gb Playbook at Bestbuy today. Also the convertible case and of course a Zagg Invisishield. No issues so far. I'm not at all surprised by the quality feel of the device. Very solid...
    04-19-11 08:00 PM
    No early opening at Best buy here...Today as been great and sucked at the same time, got up at 9:30 made it to Best buy at 9:55(they open at 10) preordered my playbook for in store pick up at 3:00AM so went right tot he desk the lady could not find the playbook I ordered for the life of her, after 7 minuets of her looking around she found it berried under a bunch of other in store pick up orders. so I get it, I now have class at 10:30 so I drive all the way across town and make it to class at 10:28, class got over at 12:00. and I work 2 to 11 so I had time to update the software and play some NFS.
    04-19-11 08:09 PM
    I think I am in love....

Picked up a 32 GB tonight at Future Shop. Running very smoothly, no issues with the bridge or other negative experiences people have have been sharing. Cannot figure out how to get documents or movies on this thing but I am sure it'll come very soon!
    Just connect it to your PC via USB and the drivers should automatically be installed and then you can use USB Mass Storage Mode. You can also setup wifi sharing.
    04-19-11 08:11 PM
    I got the PlayBook today. But, i cant get the BB Bridge to work. Please help.
    04-19-11 08:36 PM
    It's here! It's here! I've been crazy patient, so yes!!
    04-19-11 08:38 PM
    i am typing this on my playbook. i stopped by bestbuy at 10:00 on way back to work from a meeting. i was surprised they did not have a display unit out and sales clerk didnt know much about it. i was out the door with playbook in hand within 30 minutes. i was able connect through hotspot on buddy's phone. down loaded the update and restarted with no problem. took a little bit to get used to the gestures but i am loving it so far. i have tried out the bridge and it worked good. ghe browser was little slow but i will play around with it more tomorrow. i setup my wifi at the house and the browser is awesome. i can't wait for upcoming updates. i am going to try out docs to go shortly. i did play need for speed and it was great. i hope everyone will give the playbook a chance because it is an awesome device. hope you all enjoy your new playbook!
    04-19-11 08:38 PM
    Got a 64gb. Not what one would call an experienced Blackberry user despite having a company-supplied one. Past the agreement, actually got the bridge working with my T-Mobile 9700 Bold. Email via bridge works nice until you try to open attachments. Initially got a pdf to open, could read all 32 pages, zoom in and out, etc. Closed out, tried to open a word doc with Word to Go. Got a black screen. Finally got it to close. Tried opening another PDF, everything froze up. Now none of the attachments will open.

Only thing that opens on the Blackberry Bridge page is Messages. Calendar, tasks, memo, contacts do not open.

Finally got it to restart (power button is a pain but I am also inexperienced). Re-established the bridge. Started playing Tetris. Able to play the game but could not figure out how to exit. Had to shut it down. For all the difficulties it has they should have included more printed instructions.

Really wish things were more intuitive. Picture quality is great, videos are smooth (able to get to YouTube).

Screen sensitivity is not consistent. Can try to shrink a frame multiple times before it finally takes.
    04-19-11 08:56 PM
    Playbook plus Vaja case...Priceless. Got my Vaja case this morning via fedex and picked up the Playbook right after...I'm feeling it! Pics attached.
    04-19-11 09:03 PM
    I got the PlayBook today. But, i cant get the BB Bridge to work. Please help.
    I had that problem too. Skip the bridge section in the setup and just go to bridge in the options. Worked for me.
    04-19-11 09:03 PM
    Sorry but I think many of the complaints are valid. I did get a 64GB but had called Best Buy yesterday and they told me they had a few 32 GBs that were not pre-ordered and several 64GBs. Got to the store, was first in line (actually there was no line). Went to the desk. No 32GBs available, in fact they got shorted on the pre-orders. Bet that ticked off the ones who got there last. Only had one 64 GB after making the store go through every one to verify if it was tied to a pre-order.

Store went to get a price on the convertible case, not in the system so even though they had them I could not buy one.

As I mention further down, mixed experience. Some things work, others do not. Been in the IT world for over 30 years (yeah, I know, I am ancient) and have never seen a product that should be so standard have so many different issues depending on the user. Really bad news treying to get these devices into the corporate world. No IT shop is going to have the patience to work through all these different issues.

Hope that they have software updates soon to fix these problems. Be a real bummer if it is hardware on some of this.
    04-19-11 09:04 PM
    Picked mine up my pre-ordered 64 GB earlier this evening from Best Buy in Kitchener (thanks Greg). Now I'm just in the middle of the software update. I'm not sure how much time I'll get to play with it tonight
    04-19-11 09:07 PM
1,192 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD