Jegs, I have that other Bluetooth Keyboard case. I think it is glued to the case panel. Also sold as the HipStreet/I-Tec - that's the magneticly held one.
    If I am correct this is the one with a one-piece silicon keydesk and the typing action is...um...like typing on fresh gummibears. I have had no unconnection issues with it and got used to the typing but the keyboard and its case are wider than the Playbook, the jacket covers half of the screen swipe margins, uses the dogleg stand that falls over too easily...and I have come to really appreciate the RIM trackpad and tactile key action.
    It is a silicone keyboard (rubbery), but the feel of the keys is good. The stand hasn't fallen over on mine yet, and I've no issue using swipe down or swipe up.
    04-09-12 02:04 PM
    I have had the BlackBerry Mini Keyboard a few days now and these are my thoughts.
    1. The Keyboard itself works pretty well. Not a 10 finger typing experience, but not bad.
    2. Multi gestures seem to work sos so. The 2 finger scrolling is very jumpy.
    3. The trackpad itself is good but very slow.
    4. The case is just terrible. Cheap materials, really cheap stand (also, no adjustments). And the little elastic bands to hold the keyboard, you have got to be kidding. They are even in the way of the power button. Not very well thought out.

Overall I am happy with the purchase. I have thrown out the case and have stuck with the Targus multi position stand case I have had for awhile. I keep the keyboard in the neoprene case that the Playbook came in. I knew that would come in handy sometimes.
    04-15-12 09:14 PM
    I might get it for my PB, im a index finger typer and this might work

Sent from my BlackBerry 9000 using Tapatalk
    04-15-12 09:25 PM
    My mini keyboard and case showed up the same day as a 7 dollar fake leather case I'd ordered from China months previous.

At first, I was a little uncomfortable with the ergonomics of the keyboard, as it doesn't lend itself to touch typing if you've got big hands. However, it does work quite well if you can type rapidly with your thumbs like on a regular blackberry keyboard. I've gotten so used to it now that i never use it as a single device, keeping the two each in their own cases. I can set the playbook up as a stand, walk around typing out forum posts without having to carry the tablet itself.

I've also got a clip on LED light that fits on the cheap $7 case which make illuminating the keyboard to make it easier to type in low light.

All in all, the case that comes with the keyboard i could take or leave, but the keyboard itself is simply awesome.
    04-15-12 10:02 PM
    First post!

In addition to the criticisms pointed out by others in this thread, there are two other glaring ergonomic problems with this kit.

First, you can't really use the case and keyboard sitting on your lap. Trying to balance the pop-out peg on one of your legs is, well, not very ergonomic.

Next are the absurd contortions one must go through to get accented characters. 4 Keypresses to get a grave accent on an A or E?? And no alternative keyboard layout? Is RIM not a Canadian company? (a country with 2 official languages and all that).

The kit weighs more and is about 5 times thicker than an 11" Macbook Air, which is arguably a much better solution for typing on the go.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Playbook. But honestly I don't know how such poor design gets past even preliminary approval at RIM. This company needs a Steve Jobs real bad and real quick.

Keyboard and case will be returned tomorrow.
    04-15-12 10:21 PM
    Anybody get this yet from Shop Crackberry? Ordered mine when they were first advertised.
    04-18-12 03:42 PM
    Anybody get this yet from Shop Crackberry? Ordered mine when they were first advertised.
    Yep, pre-ordered on 14th March, turned up 10 days later
    04-18-12 04:01 PM
    Nope, ordered mine March 13. Still waiting.
    04-18-12 04:21 PM
    No keyboard case and no word as to when.
    04-18-12 06:32 PM
    First post!

In addition to the criticisms pointed out by others in this thread, there are two other glaring ergonomic problems with this kit.

First, you can't really use the case and keyboard sitting on your lap. Trying to balance the pop-out peg on one of your legs is, well, not very ergonomic.

Next are the absurd contortions one must go through to get accented characters. 4 Keypresses to get a grave accent on an A or E?? And no alternative keyboard layout? Is RIM not a Canadian company? (a country with 2 official languages and all that).
    If you read the user guide you can find the shortcuts for the accented characters.

I generally prop something under the back of the case to use it on my lap or alternatively I would use my lap desk so i still find it way more convienent than a laptop and still a lot lighter.
    04-18-12 06:43 PM
    i know i am SUPER late on this year old thread... but scratching my head trying to figure out why that case is no longer available in the market?
    09-06-13 07:23 AM
    i know i am SUPER late on this year old thread... but scratching my head trying to figure out why that case is no longer available in the market?
    Because you are super late? It's likely out of production.
    Delirious D and Spencerdl like this.
    09-06-13 07:26 AM
    Because you are super late? It's likely out of production.
    good point.... lol
    09-06-13 07:35 AM
    Like the underlying PB, it was not a commercial success. Although, oddly, in some places, the keyboard sells for more than the pb. (or maybe that is not ODD!)
    09-06-13 10:48 AM
    Unfortunately the BlackBerry Bluetooth Mini-Keyboard and Case was late to market, manufactured in very low quantity, and abandoned faster than the BlackBerry PlayBook after Thorsten ascended to the position of BlackBerry CEO. If not for the BlackBerry Bluetooth Mini-Keyboard and Case my BlackBerry PlayBook could never have become a portable mobile office. My other professional-use BlackBerry PlayBook is housed in a HipStreet Leather Executive Case and serves primarily as a reference and presentation tool rather than a portable mobile office.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    09-06-13 09:48 PM
115 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD