Just got mine so far so good except 2 problems.lol
    How to you scroll down home screen,I see the button icon when I put pointer to bottom of screen but how to go further down to next page(below).
    In HD Splashtop how to you get the keyboard pointer to work for myself it doesn't override the screen pointer I got 2 of them.
    too bad the back stand didn't lock into place keeps on collapsing for me on my desk when touching or moving a little too hard.
    Any chance we can start a tips, tricks and help thread?
    03-23-12 12:42 PM
    M<ine (is )_on&&*(tthe Way )

typed on my computer
    03-23-12 12:59 PM
    Hey guys so today I dropped by the mall when it opened and they had the official keyboard for sale. I did a quick unboxing video that will be on my YouTube channel and website after it uploads!! So far I'm really liking the keyboard. The whole case adds a lot of weight to the playbook but overall I'm liking it. I'm a student so it will much better than taking my laptop.
    I'll do a full review on it after I use it for a couple of days and I'll post it here so stay tuned Has anyone else ran to their mall to buy today???loving crackberry nation !!!!

I'll add the link to the video once it's up
    The source called me this morning,mine came in.i picked it up and it is sweet. I am just testing it out and so far love it better than the screen keyboard. Way to go RIM.
    03-23-12 01:10 PM
    are these being sold in the US?
    03-23-12 01:33 PM
    Seem like the keyboard is released in the east and working it's way out west according to the store inventory at The Source website.
    Since all the shipping containers from China arrives on the west cost, you would think that they would set up a warehouse/distribution centre in BC.
    Cracklen likes this.
    03-23-12 01:59 PM
    Seem like the keyboard is released in the east and working it's way out west according to the store inventory at The Source website.
    Since all the shipping containers from China arrives on the west cost, you would think that they would set up a warehouse/distribution centre in BC.
    Don't know about stores but online pre-orders were shipped by when orders were placed.
    03-23-12 02:12 PM
    I think this is a prank. Because we've had a couple of posters within the last two or three weeks that posted no way would RIM continue to support the PB, let alone actually release an OEM keyboard case, and these guys are always right
    Yeppers, the 7 Amigos, the not so clever, clever naysaying haters are rather silent lately.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    03-23-12 02:17 PM
    Here is Mine. Some will be Jealous. Lol some wont.
    03-23-12 03:10 PM
    Here is Mine. Some will be Jealous. Lol some wont.

Thanks for rubbing it in! See other thread about "preorders" backlogged to toward the end of feckin April! Anyway, what's it like? Is it cramped to type on the 7 inch keyboard? Is the trackpad responsive? One thing I will miss if I use the new case keyboard, is the way my 9900 on remote control picks up all my autotxt.
    03-23-12 04:18 PM
    This is really great. The PlayBook is now like a mini laptop. Awesome.
    03-23-12 04:27 PM
    Thanks for rubbing it in! See other thread about "preorders" backlogged to toward the end of feckin April! Anyway, what's it like? Is it cramped to type on the 7 inch keyboard? Is the trackpad responsive? One thing I will miss if I use the new case keyboard, is the way my 9900 on remote control picks up all my autotxt.
    Keep in mind the keyboard is the full width of the playbook,not the screen. The keyboard does not feel anything like it is 7 in. Everything is very responsive,the keyboard the trackpad,almost to responsive.
    Just my opinion but this was long over due,and if promoted to the extreme it should sell like crazy. Once again i do not feel $99.bucks is to much now that i have it and the case that came with it.
    03-23-12 04:55 PM
    This keyboard turned the playbook into a different animal.
    Absolutely luving it and you get the best of both worlds from using keyboard and touchscreen at the same time.
    03-23-12 05:04 PM
    Just got mine so far so good except 2 problems.lol
    How to you scroll down home screen,I see the button icon when I put pointer to bottom of screen but how to go further down to next page(below).
    In HD Splashtop how to you get the keyboard pointer to work for myself it doesn't override the screen pointer I got 2 of them.
    too bad the back stand didn't lock into place keeps on collapsing for me on my desk when touching or moving a little too hard.
    Any chance we can start a tips, tricks and help thread?
    I have the same splashtop problem anyone figure this one out?? Also I noticed that the autocorrect was gone when i use the keyboard in the docs to go word app any one else have this problem?? or a solution to these?? but its pretty cool for using on the coach and the HDTV playbook combo
    03-23-12 06:56 PM
    Well ill still have my preorder arriving next week. Have the keyboard now since i couldnt wait. I hate not having patience. So im trying to figure out what to do with the extra keyboard. I guess i couuld always just return it. I also have a friend i imight just give it to.
    03-23-12 07:44 PM
    Ok so i figured out what was wrong kinda or at least it fixed it. You must make sure that splashtop is updated to the latest version on both the playbook and your pc. Still no fix for auto correct
    balding1 likes this.
    03-23-12 07:50 PM
    Ok so i figured out what was wrong kinda or at least it fixed it. You must make sure that splashtop is updated to the latest version on both the playbook and your pc. Still no fix for auto correct
    Thanks for the info ,lot easier to use splashtop now just a split second delay.
    Did you ever figure out how to scroll down at home screen using the button at bottom?
    I can only go down 1 screen if I press again will bring me back up instead of going down.
    03-23-12 08:10 PM
    I just use double finger scrolling to scroll on the home screen is that what you mean. To go back to the menu you have to have the cursor at the very bottom of the screen then then tap once do that again and it should go to the rest of the apps. you probably noticed the cursor change to another one with lines for mine at least it doesnt have to stay like that for it to work it just has to be close enough. hope that helps
    balding1 likes this.
    03-23-12 08:29 PM
    for the individuals that have preorders and bought ones at the store later make sure you dont open it cause the guy at the source where i bought mine said that you cant return it. althought that doesnt say on the actual receipt. I thought that was kinda weird.
    03-23-12 08:31 PM
    Finally got mine today. It's a little small but a lot better than on-screen keyboard. So far so good, still trying to adjust to the placement of keys as the keys are not aligned like regular qwerty keyboards. Size and overall looks, ergonomics are very good, and feels like a high quality device.

One thing a little surprising is the weight. PB + case + keyboard feels just as heavy as my notebook pc!

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    03-23-12 08:51 PM
    I called my local Source store on Vancouver Island today (mid island) and found they had gotten in a few of them, had only one left. So I told them to hold it for me, and ran down there and bought it. There will be a little learning curve, the keyboard is a bit "off" and I find it added quite a bit of weight compared to the convertable case I had before.. which I thought it was too heavy to begin with!

I would be really happy if someone would come up with an ultralight case that holds the PB and the new keyboard.. this would be a wonderful thing. I carry my PB everywhere (in my purse) and this extra weight is indeed becoming an issue.
    03-23-12 09:42 PM
    can bb phone be connected to playbook via bridge and be connected to wireless keyboard at the same time ?

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps
    03-23-12 10:10 PM
    can bb phone be connected to playbook via bridge and be connected to wireless keyboard at the same time ?

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps
    yes. I connect 3 different devices at the same time and have them working all at the same time w/o interference.

keyboard
    bold 9900
    bb headset

The only times I get interference issues is when I turn mobile hotspot on my bb 9900. Im not sure why but bluetooth acts up on the phone after this though the other devices continue to work.

I've been getting a few glances with the new keyboard/case combo. They stop by to check it out and see what it is. I'm a little sad the branding on the case is on the bottom when you have it propped up at the 45' angle. The keyboard itself also has the cool silver BB logo branding but no one sees it unless you take the keyboard out of the case.

You should see there expressions when I start using it as a tablet when going through menus as most think its a netbook.

chicks dig it! buy one
    03-23-12 11:48 PM
    I have a question about this keyboard...

I purchased a non-official blackberry portfolio case with Bluetooth keyboard from staples quite a while ago... and while I like the case and the keyboard (its a shrunk down standard windows keyboard) my problem is that the Bluetooth connection drops pretty frequently.

I'll be typing mid-sentence and the connection will drop and I'll get the alert in the top-left corner saying the Bluetooth keyboard has been disconnected, then the on screen keyboard pops up for a couple seconds before disappearing, then I get a new notification in the top-left saying that the Bluetooth keyboard is connected and I can resume typing. the whole cycle of events takes about 5-6 seconds.

This happens almost every time I use the keyboard... sometimes only once ever 20mins or so... sometimes every mins.

I have always assumed that this is because my keyboard is some cheap POS knock-off but I would like to be sure that users are not experiencing Bluetooth issues with the Official keyboard before I go drop $99 on it
    03-24-12 01:11 AM
    Good luck finding one if you didn't pre-order or hit the stores at opening yesterday. Any store that shows having inventory online just hasn't updated. Trust me, I tried yesterday. They are completely sold out, they will take orders online and then call or e-mail back that they don't have the item and don't know when they will get it.

I'm baffled as to why RIM would have launched this with The Source. OK, I take that back, I can guess why they did it, because The Source is owned by a carrier and they really, really want people to buy more stuff from the carriers to keep them happy.

I haven't been in a Source store since before Bell bought them, I will say they have at least cleaned them up a little and gotten rid of the worst of the hypercheap Chinese knockoff stuff but I still cant figure out how they stay in business, the one place I went to I had to wait behind some guy who needed 25 minutes of assistance trying to figure out which 7 dollar wall wart to buy to replace the burnt out one he had even though they didn't actually have one that would work at all.
    03-24-12 01:12 PM
    I did not believe RIM was dumb enough to release another device with such a limited market. OK I was wrong.

I may even buy one when it goes on the Staples clearance table.
    I don't believe RIM is interested in any of your business, given your post history of demogoguing and denigrating all things BlackBerry.
    03-24-12 01:18 PM
115 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD