Well then apparently Bla1ze must be in cahoots with Jacko and Steve Jobs, and if Bla1ze is saying it, it's good enough for me. Charging up my Bold and backing up my PlayBook tonight.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...morrow-745516/

Maybe, maybe not. When it appears, it appears...
    09-18-12 03:05 PM
    I really wish people would stop being so negative. How long do you think Apple has been developing and refining its OS? How about Google?
    For RIM to develop and surpass these two companies, it is going to take time.
    Last time they released a product (the Playbook) they were ripped for not having complete functionality. Now they are ensuring they do.
    This is taking longer than they expected but not longer than we should have expected.
    You are pretty right. What irks me is this release of an OS, then withdraw it and act as if nothing untoward occurred. Some folks are stuck in a limbo and their choice is Beta or be stuck with an OS that's causing problems. Rim has not explained what happened and has not addressed it in any acceptable manner. Their server won't help people in that situation. If nothing else, re-issue the prior OS with a new higher number that will over-write .668. Then, they also make "promises" and repeatedly blow them away.

I understand no OS or product is perfect but they do have to accept that there is competition and they have to meet that prospect.
    balding1 likes this.
    09-18-12 03:06 PM
    More important than the release date, what would OS 2.1 do/add/improve?
    check out
    http://crackberry.com/rim-preparing-...g-launch-nears

Sent from my Playbook using Tapatalk
    09-18-12 03:13 PM
    You are pretty right. What irks me is this release of an OS, then withdraw it and act as if nothing untoward occurred. Some folks are stuck in a limbo and their choice is Beta or be stuck with an OS that's causing problems. Rim has not explained what happened and has not addressed it in any acceptable manner. Their server won't help people in that situation. If nothing else, re-issue the prior OS with a new higher number that will over-write .668. Then, they also make "promises" and repeatedly blow them away.

I understand no OS or product is perfect but they do have to accept that there is competition and they have to meet that prospect.

RIM still has the snotty air of Mike and Jim....it stinks...
    The small people do not need to know and will wait...

Par for the coarse. No change in RIMs behavior noted.

Tim
    balding1 likes this.
    09-18-12 03:20 PM
    RIM still has the snotty air of Mike and Jim....it stinks...
    The small people do not need to know and will wait...

Par for the coarse. No change in RIMs behavior noted.

Tim
    Funny, I just got done saying to Azeis how these actions are the old ways of RIM, not the new ways we've seen as of late.
    balding1 likes this.
    09-18-12 03:32 PM
    Funny, I just got done saying to Azeis how these actions are the old ways of RIM, not the new ways we've seen as of late.
    Hey, it's the messenger - let's shoot him!

They do say "no news is good news." So the fact that you blogged on NEWS means it was BAD news! Or something like that! Hmmm. Now I am confused.
    sagec, JeepBB and pkcable like this.
    09-18-12 03:36 PM
    Is this an Official release or an update to the beta .840?

There are tweets about this release, I hope these tweeters are in the know!
    09-18-12 03:45 PM
    Calm yo tits down guys, it will come when it is ready. It is not RIM's fault because we never did actually got an official statement unlike OS 2.0.

Just download OS 2.1 BETA for now...
    09-18-12 03:51 PM
    Is this an Official release or an update to the beta .840?

There are tweets about this release, I hope these tweeters are in the know!
    Good question, hopefully they don't surprise us with an beta update, lol.
    09-18-12 03:53 PM
    The beta .840 is working fine on 2 PB's in this house. Nothing really to complain about. but if they want to give me more for these units, I will take it.
    09-18-12 04:13 PM
    I realise the title is question marked, but since there's no news item about this on the front page, could we at least have a [Rumour] put in front of the title?
    PowderJockey likes this.
    09-18-12 06:31 PM
    I'm happy with beta, and patiently waiting for bb10. People need to relax and let RIM release a product that won't be full of bugs.
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    09-18-12 07:20 PM
    Um....is today the 20th?
    09-20-12 03:45 AM
    Wth? Why is everyone but me getting updates to. 840? James were you on 840 already too?
    09-20-12 04:36 AM
    Wth? Why is everyone but me getting updates to. 840? James were you on 840 already too?
    Yes, already on the beta. I was hoping it would fix my android player that I messed up when I did a security wipe....nope. Doesn't seem to be anything new here at all. BUT, it's still an update on the 20th for whatever that's worth!Ϛ(�..˚)Ϟ
    09-20-12 04:44 AM
    Um....is today the 20th?
    2.1.0.840 is the beta. Are they releasing the beta as the actual thing?!
    09-20-12 04:58 AM
    Kinda looks that way don't it. Idk people were getting updates to. 668 as well though so who knows
    09-20-12 05:07 AM
    no update for me in the UK and already running .840 - although I did run a security update on mine and rather than delete all those useless apps like kobo, nfb, zinio, AT&T stuff etc I just whacked them into a folder.

so I guess the updates are for machines that have determined std things are missing????
    09-20-12 05:21 AM
    2.1.0.840 is the beta. Are they releasing the beta as the actual thing?!
    I seriously doubt that. I did hear something about "Sending out updates to precede the official 2.1". Something about it having to do with a smooth trouble free update when it comes.
    09-20-12 06:09 AM
    well how strange is this - I have 2 playbooks (well 3 actually - one is on 2.0.1) on .840.

One is saying I have the latest

The other is saying 294Mb update available for .840

Something is afoot and I don't mean 12 inches
    09-20-12 06:19 AM
    well how strange is this - I have 2 playbooks (well 3 actually - one is on 2.0.1) on .840.

Whereabouts are you - US, UK, some other country?
    09-20-12 06:36 AM

I have beta .840 and mine is saying 298MB update available for .840 so am updating to see if there is any difference.
    09-20-12 06:38 AM
    me, I'm UK
    Wongsky likes this.
    09-20-12 06:55 AM
    I just got an update for 2.0.1.668 which I already had, that's strange.
    09-20-12 06:59 AM
    I'm happy with beta, and patiently waiting for bb10. People need to relax and let RIM release a product that won't be full of bugs.

You have one post to your credit on CB. You joined CB in January of this year.

What you need to understand is that many of us paid full price and have had the thing for over a year now.

We have waited!!!

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850
    Last edited by trsbbs; 09-20-12 at 08:05 AM.
    09-20-12 07:05 AM
109 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD