RIM - Rumors In Motion.

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850
    Great dude! Very funny.... But a kinda true.
    09-18-12 09:50 AM
    I know it isn't the day yet but I expect it will not be.

No, never gave any dates other than summer which is done the 22 according to the calendar. Or did they ever say anything or is it all rumors? I guess a year and a half waiting for more function gets my "this sucks" another rumor, delay, delay, delay dander up from time to time. I'll be back to waiting again soon without complaining but I can only do that for so long.

I want bb10 phones and the pb to survive but all the delay and hurry up and wait gets on a persons nerves from time to time.
    09-18-12 09:57 AM
    I understand the frustration. There are a couple things listed for 2.1 that I would like to have. Namely the SMS and bridge over wifi.
    The standard wants like better file browsing and bookmark management, I'm not holding my breath. Don't believe we will see that until BB10.
    09-18-12 10:32 AM
    It is sad that we can find such continuous humor in Rim's inability to deliver anything on time. They continue to be a joke even with the new management. Releasing and pulling and stalling and refraining from explaining anything....
    Yes it is. There's much that I love about my PB but the things I dislike really get under my skin, like browser bookmark management. Thank God for 3rd party apps that filled gaps somewhat in the pdf and epub department or I would have already given up. I'm a diehard bb supporter and hope BB10 rocks my world but I have to admit I caught myself eyeing other tabs the other day...sad but true.
    09-18-12 10:51 AM
    First threads after 2.1 release. " Where is BB10 "? " Why 2.1 instead of BB10 "?
    Ben1232 and anon(3896606) like this.
    09-18-12 11:08 AM
    I hope they release it by the 20th, since its the end of summer. They lack any credibility when it comes to release schedules, and sticking to their own agenda. Its almost pathetic.

What is even worse is the fact that if they miss the end of summer time frame, they likely wont address it, or at least blog it and inform the masses. PR is a huge problem at RIM, and it makes a bad situation worse. They have to stick to their release time frame especially on minor products like OS 2.1 (OS10 is a different animal) and if not then they need to talk about it, give a real excuse, and come up with an updated schedule. Otherwise, do not give a release time frame (which is not very professional) cuz it will bit you in the .
    09-18-12 11:39 AM
    They have to stick to their release time frame especially on minor products like OS 2.1
    Was there a release time frame? I'm not trying to dispute anyone's claims, I just don't recall them saying anything about 2.1. Did RIM say summer?
    mnhockeycoach99 likes this.
    09-18-12 11:47 AM
    @kingbernie06511, did they say which Summer ?
    bodjor likes this.
    09-18-12 11:55 AM
    maybe they didnt say summer.... but it would be a sweet announcement for JAM next week. First time a tablet shares sms with a bluetooth phone..... hard to put a negative spin on this....
    anon(757282) likes this.
    09-18-12 12:28 PM
    It is sad that we can find such continuous humor in Rim's inability to deliver anything on time. They continue to be a joke even with the new management. Releasing and pulling and stalling and refraining from explaining anything....
    I really wish people would stop being so negative. How long do you think Apple has been developing and refining its OS? How about Google?
    For RIM to develop and surpass these two companies, it is going to take time.
    Last time they released a product (the Playbook) they were ripped for not having complete functionality. Now they are ensuring they do.
    This is taking longer than they expected but not longer than we should have expected.
    09-18-12 12:33 PM
    RIM - Rumors In Motion.

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850
    Now that is just plain friggin' brilliant, that could have been from me!
    09-18-12 12:48 PM
    That's a ridiculous rumor and you should be ashamed of yourself! Everybody knows that Jimmy Hoffa is buried in Grant's Tomb and DB Cooper is flying for Delta now. Jeesh!
    Actually Hoffa is in the visitors end zone of the old Giants stadium and he's not buried he has a underground bunker wating for bbx to hit.
    Last edited by esk369; 09-18-12 at 01:07 PM.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    09-18-12 12:57 PM
    I really wish people would stop being so negative. How long do you think Apple has been developing and refining its OS? How about Google?
    Last time they released a product (the Playbook) they were ripped for not having complete functionality. Now they are ensuring they do.
    This is taking longer than they expected but not longer than we should have expected.
    Negativity is just a part of human nature people want what they want when they want it and when they don't get what they want when they want you get negativity.
    Is it half full or half empty its in the eye of the beholder.
    rupam95 and jamesharmeling like this.
    09-18-12 01:01 PM
    Well the RIM version of QNX has been in development for what now, two and a half years?

RIM Acquires QNX Software Unit from Harman International - RIM Wants a Piece of the Automotive Infotainment Market? | CrackBerry.com

As far as a RIM statement I don't know but there was speculation in July.

RIM preparing BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.1 rollout as PlayBook 4G launch nears | CrackBerry.com
    09-18-12 01:30 PM
    09-18-12 02:07 PM
    My neighbours medium contacted Micheal Jackson who asked Steve Jobs who both agreed that it might be soon
    09-18-12 02:13 PM
    Well then apparently Bla1ze must be in cahoots with Jacko and Steve Jobs, and if Bla1ze is saying it, it's good enough for me. Charging up my Bold and backing up my PlayBook tonight.

Bla1ze via Twitter
    So.. abt that 2.1 update.... now hearing tomorrow along with Bridge 2.1.
    09-18-12 02:21 PM
    Well, well, well. Looks like there might be something to this after all! BLAH to the naysayers and whiners!
    BB_Bmore likes this.
    09-18-12 02:33 PM
    Looks like there "might be"!
    09-18-12 02:38 PM
    I just hope 2.1 wasn't rushed simply to get it out before the end of summer.

FWIW, I was underwhelmed with the difference between 2.0.1.358 and 2.1.0.840...
    09-18-12 02:52 PM
    AND, if an update comes....I'll be very happy! If an update does NOT come.....I'll still be very happy! I love my Playbook and Bold just the way they are. My Playbook gets at least an hour of my attention every day and usually a couple hours. I personally love it and have no regrets whatsoever of having paid $500 for it when it came out.

It was once famously stated: "Patience young Jedi, patience."
    Ben1232 likes this.
    09-18-12 02:53 PM
    Well then apparently Bla1ze must be in cahoots with Jacko and Steve Jobs, and if Bla1ze is saying it, it's good enough for me. Charging up my Bold and backing up my PlayBook tonight.

Shocking
    09-18-12 02:57 PM
    I just hope 2.1 wasn't rushed simply to get it out before the end of summer.

FWIW, I was underwhelmed with the difference between 2.0.1.358 and 2.1.0.840...
    Sadly it hasn't been guaranteed it will be out. Word / grapevine.
    09-18-12 02:57 PM

*UPDATE* - As noted previously, RIM has a habit of switching dates at the last minute and this release seems to be once again placed on hold for the time being for whatever reason. Back to playing the waiting game. Sorry folks!
    LAME oh well, back to our regularly scheduled program...no major loss I suppose.
    antiRIM likes this.
    09-18-12 03:00 PM
    Same old story. I'll believe it when the update notification pops up or h*ll freezes over...whichever happens first and I hope it's not the freezing thing.
    balding1 likes this.
    09-18-12 03:04 PM
109 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD