For a few months i have been trying to use this thing for office documents and tried every app out there, nothing is good enough so i decided to try online docs with google and microsofts online services.
    They are shocking to use in the browser and i have to ask why, this stuff should be able to be done in any browser.
    So i am asking the question why cant we do this with the browser on the playbook.
    06-29-12 12:51 PM
    I wonder the same thing. I love my PlayBook, but would really like to see a better way to access all of my office documents when away from my desktop.
    I can access Google Drive docs with Files and Folders better than through the browser.
    I'm still waiting for an app for SkyDrive. I believe this will be added to Files and Folders at some point.
    I wish that a usb flash drive would work with the playbook so as not to have to use the cloud for everything.
    06-29-12 02:16 PM
    I wouldn't mind just using the browser for this type of stuff if it actually worked and let me edit documents, but to be honest this browser is a joke.
    Can't wait for my nexus to arrive, if that does not allow me to use and edit docs then it goes back.

Why the did i switch from a laptop is beyond me.
    06-29-12 02:21 PM
    Try using the Box application...but I am not sure and I haven't really tried using Google Docs (now Google Drive) on my PlayBook. I just use Box and the Office To Go
    06-29-12 03:15 PM
    Have you tried using any of the browsers that allow you to change the user agent? You can "lie" to the site and claim to be IE, Firefox, chrome, safari, etc.
    06-29-12 03:19 PM
    Yeah, tried them all and set user agent to all different versions, makes no difference at all.

Trying docs to go with the box app, so will see what happens.
    06-29-12 03:22 PM
    I wonder the same thing. I love my PlayBook, but would really like to see a better way to access all of my office documents when away from my desktop.
    I can access Google Drive docs with Files and Folders better than through the browser.
    I'm still waiting for an app for SkyDrive. I believe this will be added to Files and Folders at some point.
    I wish that a usb flash drive would work with the playbook so as not to have to use the cloud for everything.
    Android has a Skydive app that works on PB, here are the screen captures.

http://www.adrive.com/public/32z7wA/Android Explorer Skydrive.bar
    Last edited by GregD31; 06-29-12 at 04:27 PM.
    06-29-12 03:48 PM
    Yeah but android apps run like crap on my playbook, so i just don't bother with them but thanks for the reply.
    06-29-12 03:52 PM
    Hahaha just tried smart office 2, the interface looks like it was designed by my 5 year old grandson.
    What is more amazing is they actually charge for it, good job i used the trial to look at it first.
    06-29-12 03:54 PM
    The best solution i have found is docs to go with the box app as suggested by ajst222.
    Not a perfect solution but it will have to do for now.
    06-29-12 04:45 PM
    I managed to modify a word file on Google docs in playbook browser, by selecting "view in desktop" at the bottom of the view file page . It's tricky to do file editing via a touchpad though.
    06-30-12 10:23 AM
    That's what I do. I use that android version of docs to go. I have to forward emails to docs to go then I can download them to the android file system and actually use a decent editor. Why did BB make this so difficult?
    The best solution i have found is docs to go with the box app as suggested by ajst222.
    Not a perfect solution but it will have to do for now.

life is better with root.
    06-30-12 08:49 PM
    Anybody really like Smart Office 2? It looks like it has some good features and maybe more power than Docs to Go but it is hard to get used to. Thought maybe it was because it was UK thinking I wasn't used to. At $0.99 cant complain too much since it does have a better Adobe reader. Couldn't get my mouse to work with it though.
    07-01-12 12:37 AM
    Why did BB make this so difficult?

life is better with root.
    What gets me is that this was put on the market as a professional grade tablet, not in my opinion it's not.

What does root give you as i have never looked into it.
    07-01-12 03:22 AM
    sorry the root bit is the signature on my toshiba thrive. it allows me to install different roms that make my system smooth and stable. now I'm on my playbook.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    07-01-12 05:15 AM
    I gladly pay for having some good office suit.
    07-01-12 05:46 AM
    What gets me is that this was put on the market as a professional grade tablet, not in my opinion it's not.

I have refrained from playing my refrain on this issue. Maybe if, IF, bb10 ships but still and all, that's an OS. Rim failed to provide the tools necessary to make this a professional BUSINESS tool. The weakest pdf reader imaginable. Poor, short-shrift word processing and spreadsheet tools. Poor file management. Little has changed since release in those areas. And according to some, rim did not provide the environment that app developers needed to fill in the voids. We kept/keep hearing that business tools needed Cascades - now further out. I'm am unschooled in these areas and have no idea why graphic intensive games can be produced but a good word processor or spreadsheet app requires Cascades. And FOLDER support, this, too, requires Cascades??? I do know, I'm still waiting.

Now, do I still generally like the pb, yes. But there remain too many BUTS!
    07-01-12 09:12 AM
    Well I still like it as well but i have had enough, so as soon as my nexus arrives I will sell my PB16.
    At least all the google services will work like docs, books and all the other stuff.
    07-01-12 11:12 AM
    Well I still like it as well but i have had enough, so as soon as my nexus arrives I will sell my PB16.
    At least all the google services will work like docs, books and all the other stuff.
    Nexus 7 supports bluetooth audio, mouse and keyboard as I understand it but does not have an HDMI or other output to connect to TV. For some without great vision, this might be a serious drawback to use for office purposes. It may also be nice for seeing videos on a larger screen.
    07-01-12 12:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD