today at office depot every android tablet was locked up/frozen, even the kindle fire. sad part was theplay book was not on display. i asked the nerd that soldme my playbook why tbeywereal frozen he couldnt give a good answer. this is the same kid that thought iwas stupid to buy a32 gig pb for299.
    i told him my pb is issue free and i love it .

posted by playbook.
    Serkle K, Jake2826 and Megacharge like this.
    11-30-11 10:59 PM
    I can't stand dealing with employees like that. I actually got my father a 32GB PlayBook yesterday for the $299 price at the Office Depot in Parkersburg, WV and the employees there were actually great. A lot better in my experience than the rocks-for-brains staff at Best Buy. I called them Monday to see if they had one and they didn't. a manager there said he would get me one on the next truck and the next day he must have cuz they has the 2 on stock. Even said he would lock one up till I could get there a few hrs later. They has told me it hadn't sold well before the sale, but this isn't a rich area so no tablets really do. But it was a pretty good experience overall. No one there was talking crap about it and seemed pretty interested as I was browsing the web on mine in the store via Bridge. But there are morons out there that need a different job, like the one you delt with.
    11-30-11 11:41 PM
    Office Depot here actually had the playbook up and running current OS. I guess me complaining to management worked. Actually showed 2 guys how to use it, and since the 16gig was out with more coming but in 2weeks they decided not to wait and picked up the 32g. They planned on getting the dock but it was $69 i told them to join Crackberry and see the deals/ forums.
    PondHockey likes this.
    12-01-11 01:08 AM
  4. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Office Depot here actually had the playbook up and running current OS. I guess me complaining to management worked. Actually showed 2 guys how to use it, and since the 16gig was out with more coming but in 2weeks they decided not to wait and picked up the 32g. They planned on getting the dock but it was $69 i told them to join Crackberry and see the deals/ forums.
    nice! ... Playbook is the best tablet value out there now!!
    12-01-11 01:13 AM
    today at office depot every android tablet was locked up/frozen, even the kindle fire. sad part was theplay book was not on display. i asked the nerd that soldme my playbook why tbeywereal frozen he couldnt give a good answer. this is the same kid that thought iwas stupid to buy a32 gig pb for299.

posted by playbook.
    Ummm....I think most of us are in no position to call others "nerds."
    D_Whatley and WolfKC like this.
    12-01-11 04:29 AM
    HA!. You get a friendly thank on that one
    12-01-11 04:33 AM
    They planned on getting the dock but it was $69 i told them to join Crackberry and see the deals/ forums.
    Staples has PB accessories including docks on clearance sale in store only and in USA only so far though.
    12-01-11 06:37 AM
    I can't stand dealing with employees like that. I actually got my father a 32GB PlayBook yesterday for the $299 price at the Office Depot in Parkersburg, WV and the employees there were actually great. A lot better in my experience than the rocks-for-brains staff at Best Buy. I called them Monday to see if they had one and they didn't. a manager there said he would get me one on the next truck and the next day he must have cuz they has the 2 on stock. Even said he would lock one up till I could get there a few hrs later. They has told me it hadn't sold well before the sale, but this isn't a rich area so no tablets really do. But it was a pretty good experience overall. No one there was talking crap about it and seemed pretty interested as I was browsing the web on mine in the store via Bridge. But there are morons out there that need a different job, like the one you delt with.
    The best buy here still has the same pb I looked at back in May that has never worked there in the same condition as it was in May. I keep getting told by the manager that it will be fixed and it never is.

As far as people working in these places they are low paying jobs so I imagine they don't care and just try to sell what sells good. Still doesn't make it right when they tell people they don't want what they ask for.
    12-01-11 07:37 AM
    today at office depot every android tablet was locked up/frozen, even the kindle fire. sad part was theplay book was not on display. i asked the nerd that soldme my playbook why tbeywereal frozen he couldnt give a good answer (He was under voodoo spell). this is the same kid that thought iwas stupid to buy a32 gig pb for299.

posted by playbook.
    I KNOW, I saw a witch Doctor the other day putting a hex on tablets at best buy.

He even built a fire back in electronics and was pricking voodoo doll

Maybe he got to that salesperson as well ?
    12-01-11 07:49 AM
    Just don't order from office despot online, their delevery is slower then molasses.
    12-02-11 02:50 AM
    I have never had any luck with staff at Office Depot. The ones in my area just seem to be there to collect a check and that is it. Last time I ordered something from there it took a month to get. Never again
    12-02-11 03:08 AM
    when i was about to do the black friday deal at staples the manager there told me they weren't selling well. i told him i was surprised cause it's better than most tablets including the ipad. i told him that you can link the blackberries to the playbook and he said big deal cause he can tether his iphone. anyhow he said iphone/ipads were better if you root them. to which i said rooting isn't always recommended and can cause problems if not done correctly. plus not everyone is a tech geek like he and i...we both laughed since he knew he couldn't convince me to get an ipad.
    12-02-11 03:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD