At this point it doesn't seem like RIM has any plans to release that beautiful bluetooth keyboard case. I really would have thought with the release of OS 2.0 I'd be able to go pick one up same day. Now I'm thinking that maybe it is being held off to when the playbook 3G is released. I say this because people who's decide to get one on that route most likely will be at a cell phone store that will push accessories like crazy. I mean everyone has seen the cell phone docks like the Motorola atrix. I would like the keyboard sooner than later, but this is really the last idea to me that makes sense.
    03-08-12 11:13 AM
    They actually do have plans to release it, but thanks for being an awesome pessimist.

The have it in testing right now, and I am on the waiting list to get a review unit for BerryReview.
    cdelcampo216 likes this.
    03-08-12 11:25 AM
    Maybe they want to make sure that there really is demand before going ahead and producing 250,000 or 500,000 keyboards and no one buys them???
    03-08-12 11:29 AM
    [URL="http://www.thesource.ca/estore/product.aspx?language=en-CA&catalog=Online&category=BBPlaybook-Accessories&product=8002432&aff=cj[/URL]

Its here.....
    03-09-12 07:54 AM
    We do love FUD here it appears.
    03-09-12 07:57 AM
    Sorry, what is FUD?

I don't know if I like it too.
    03-09-12 08:02 AM
    It's #1 on my list for my next accessory. I've been waiting a long time for it to be released. Just wondering how much longer I have to wait.
    03-09-12 08:12 AM
    Its here.....

Playbook Case + BT Keyboard at TheSource

You forgot the ending quote and closing square bracket.

$99-, expected Mar 23.... hmm. Goes up to $119- after Apr 11.
    03-09-12 08:20 AM
    I'm laughing at the OP right now.
    03-09-12 08:29 AM
    The SOURCE does have them on PRE-ORDER. Unfortunately, they are $100 *PRE-ORDER PRICE. That seems really high to me. There is an aftermarket one Amazon that has very decent ratings for $40.

It's a touch choice.

03-09-12 08:35 AM
    I suspect that it wouldn't matter what RIM comes out with ... or at what price ... a couple of posters in this thread would find some ridiculous reason for bashing it.

Of course, when some other company brings out a nominal improvement and overcharges for it, that's okay. In fact, that's downright "evolutionary"!
    03-09-12 09:14 AM
    We are at least getting closer! TheSource won't ship to the US unless you have a Canadian credit card. NFBB has the specs up in a post. This is my # 1 must have.
    03-09-12 09:25 AM
    The SOURCE does have them on PRE-ORDER. Unfortunately, they are $100 *PRE-ORDER PRICE. That seems really high to me. There is an aftermarket one Amazon that has very decent ratings for $40.

It's a touch choice.

Not really. All the other ones don't have mouse support. This one has the touchpad. The battery life on the other ones is also marked in hours, not weeks. I have heard some as low as 4 hours use. This one also seems to be much thinner.

I have been looking at this for a long time. Now that my phone is also a remote I wondered if I needed it. But at 4 times the size I think I might go for it.
    03-09-12 01:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD