Okay, today I went to email myself a picture that I took on my Playbook, and when I went to attach the photo from the native email, I got a list of hundreds and hundreds of photos that appear to be essentially "every thumbnail that I've ever looked at or passed in my browser for the last year". Many of them, I remember seeing the webpage and such so that's how I know that's what it is.

Why would these be on there and how do I get rid of them so I don't have to scroll through what may be thousands of pics to find what I need to attach? I do regularly "clear all" on my browser history.
    02-27-12 01:32 PM
    I don't have a problem with that. My picture folder only contains photos I took. You must have turned on a setting that stores your web pages. I can't help you beyond that.
    02-27-12 01:39 PM
    I clicked because I thought there would be photos. I like photos. There are no photos.
    Tomcat_Alley and Spencerdl like this.
    02-27-12 01:47 PM
    Too view some photos I have had to download them and they appear in my photos.I therefore occasionally go in and delete them.
    02-27-12 02:54 PM
    I do NOT have that issue. Have you tried a RESTART? Before discussing that, the pb definitely is not user friendly when it comes to attaching a photo to an email (or any doc for that matter). It will present ALL of those types of items. You can search if you have given the photo a different name. It does not care about folders. Again, it will show ALL of them. Files & Folders (paid app) can be used to send a specific item as you browse your pb. You have to assign it an email address for that purpose.

Back to restart:

First try: First, press and hold the Power button for 10-15 seconds. Then leave it for 20-30 seconds and see if it restarts.

To REBOOT:
    Press and HOLD all three keys for about 10 - 20 seconds: PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown. Start with the PowerButton. Keep holding past the 3-choice options screen. If you hear a shutter type sound, you've taken a Screen Shot and probably missed the PowerButton.
    02-27-12 03:07 PM
    I hope you find a fix to this, this has happened on various mobile devices I've had!!! It shows thumbnail pics, and also screenshots of just a portion of various websites. It's very strange.
    02-27-12 03:55 PM
    Yeah, I've treid a restart and that didn't help. Also the photos are not in my pictures folder or anywhere I can see them, except when I try to attach them from the email. It's very strange to me that they show up only there.
    02-27-12 04:07 PM
    I stand corrected. I was only looking in the pictures app. They do show up in my file manager. I guess I'll delete them one at a time for the next several hours. I hope this isn't a recurring issue.
    02-27-12 04:09 PM
    interesting. I have to ask, which web browser are you using on the pb?

I tried to replicate the problem, and I had pandora, and amazon market thumbnails showing up. its also irritating, cause. I have a ton of photos on my pb, that I store, and camera photos are on the bottom, but that is a different issue. I think a later update will let you go to a photo file, as oppossed to all photos.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    02-27-12 04:16 PM
    Just using the Playbook browser. I have never loaded any different browsers as it has always worked fine for my needs.
    02-27-12 04:30 PM
    Did some further digging and I have a lot of ".xml" files in my documents folder. None of them can be opened and they all arrived on February 22nd, in the evening. Coincidence?
    02-27-12 04:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD