After using any program full screen for a while I get a red outline on the very top left corner of the screen. On the left side is about as high as the browser bar and horizontally it is about the same. It is almost like a red corner outlining the edge of the window.

Sounds like hardware, right? Not quite. If I minimize the window, the red corner remains in the top left corner of the screen. As soon as I open - and close - any other window (even the battery window that isn't full screen) then the red goes away only to return a few minutes later.

Sure sounds like software to me.

Any ideas?
    08-03-11 10:59 PM
    Screenshot and post?

It actually sounds like the notice feature of the PB. Like when I get an email via Bridge, it notifies me in the top left with the same red corner outline you described.
    08-03-11 11:06 PM

Look like that?
    08-03-11 11:10 PM
    That's what it is, Bridging Notification.

The right side is for Software Update, I was like WTF the first time I powered her up thinking it's DOA and I made a mistake buying it off at craigslist. LOL
    08-03-11 11:18 PM
    lmao...... priceless!!!!
    08-03-11 11:23 PM
    Yep. That's it.

Thanks. I feel foolish now.
    08-03-11 11:28 PM
    :-D - NP, I have that effect on people.
    08-03-11 11:32 PM
    Yep. That's it.

Anyone with that cool a Crackberry user icon has nothing to feel foolish or apologize about!
    08-03-11 11:52 PM
    Love this forum! I had wondered for two weeks what the red outline was!
    mmason31 likes this.
    11-04-11 03:20 PM
    Love this forum! I had wondered for two weeks what the red outline was!
    LOL the good old days...
    I had wondered what happened to Overshadow!

Welcome to Crackberry.
    11-04-11 06:48 PM
    can anybody take a screen shot of this so i can see it? i have the red outline in the top left corner too, running about half an inch up top and half an inch down the left upper side.

i turned the bridge off, and it didn't go away. but it does does sound like what the op is talking about. any pic's?
    12-08-11 09:13 AM
    can anybody take a screen shot of this so i can see it? i have the red outline in the top left corner too, running about half an inch up top and half an inch down the left upper side.

i turned the bridge off, and it didn't go away. but it does does sound like what the op is talking about. any pic's?
    It's the notification icon, like the flashing LED of the smartphone. Top left corner and it's an email/task/app update/bbm/etc. Top right corner and it's a OS update.
    12-08-11 09:27 AM

You will also be notified via the glowing corner that the bridge has been disconnected. Swipe down diagonally from the corner starting on the bezel to view the notification(s).
    hubermania likes this.
    12-08-11 09:29 AM
    You can also get App World notifications there when there's an update to an app you have installed.
    12-08-11 12:00 PM
    Yep. That's it.

Don't be.

I did exactly the same... thought the red corner was some kind of screen fault first time I saw it too.

I doubt we're the only ones!
    12-08-11 12:54 PM
    Here's a RED CORNER screenshot:
    waterfrontmgmt likes this.
    12-08-11 06:22 PM
    thank you SOOOO much for the screenshot. after reading all these comments...i was still in doubt, but that is exactly what i am seeing. what a strange way for notifications.
    12-08-11 06:48 PM
    Your PB is going to explode, send it to me for proper disposal.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-08-11 07:58 PM
    thank you SOOOO much for the screenshot. after reading all these comments...i was still in doubt, but that is exactly what i am seeing. what a strange way for notifications.
    That is definitely one of the things I really like about the pb. If only some of its other stuff was as elegant. An option to use the led might be nice but I like the RED CORNER.
    12-08-11 09:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD