Playbook, Blackberry April 20, 2011 � May 30, 2013: After a long and hard fought battle, it is with great sadness that I announce the passing of my Blackberry Playbook on May 30th. Blackberry Playbook (fondly known as �BP�) came in to my world on April 20th, 2011. It leaves behind Blackberry Zed 10 and Surface Pro and other distant relative devices. Blackberry Playbook fell in and out of a coma for the past month. It was a great fighter as it would come back to life after several resuscitation attempts and often could be saved when put on AC life support. One week ago BP took a turn for the worse and has not been revived since. I have fond memories of Blackberry Playbook and the wonderful relationship it had with Torch 9810. They bridged together in perfect harmony but Blackberry Playbook took a significant turn for the worse when Torch went away. BP never really took to Zed Ten and it was a downward slide from there. Although Blackberry Playbook had a short life, it had a very full life. It went everywhere with me and provided many useful and fun functions. PB was also great with kids! It was always ready to play games and provide entertainment in an otherwise boring situation. Blackberry Playbook with be buried in the office drawer with Handspring Treo, Motorola, Blackberry Pearl 1 & 2, Torch 9800, Torch 9810 along with several other cables and miscellaneous electronic accessories. In lieu of flowers, condolences can be offered by signing the guestbook here at Crackberry. RIP Blackberry Playbook. ~
    06-01-13 10:33 PM
    Rest in peace PlayBook. You will be missed.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-01-13 10:46 PM
    I believe my PB is suffering the same fate...I hope a cure is found soon. I'm sorry for your loss.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 10:50 PM
    Signed:

F2, may you rest your weary pixels.

Amolnar - I don't think Nurse Ratchet would have the best bedside manner for an ailing pb.
    sad_old_man and eddy_berry like this.
    06-01-13 11:13 PM
    Rest in ****.
    Eskibo likes this.
    06-01-13 11:25 PM
    Playbook, Blackberry April 20, 2011 – May 30, 2013: After a long and hard fought battle, it is with great sadness that I announce the passing of my Blackberry Playbook on May 30th. Blackberry Playbook (fondly known as “BP”) came in to my world on April 20th, 2011. It leaves behind Blackberry Zed 10 and Surface Pro and other distant relative devices. Blackberry Playbook fell in and out of a coma for the past month. It was a great fighter as it would come back to life after several resuscitation attempts and often could be saved when put on AC life support. One week ago BP took a turn for the worse and has not been revived since. I have fond memories of Blackberry Playbook and the wonderful relationship it had with Torch 9810. They bridged together in perfect harmony but Blackberry Playbook took a significant turn for the worse when Torch went away. BP never really took to Zed Ten and it was a downward slide from there. Although Blackberry Playbook had a short life, it had a very full life. It went everywhere with me and provided many useful and fun functions. PB was also great with kids! It was always ready to play games and provide entertainment in an otherwise boring situation. Blackberry Playbook with be buried in the office drawer with Handspring Treo, Motorola, Blackberry Pearl 1 & 2, Torch 9800, Torch 9810 along with several other cables and miscellaneous electronic accessories. In lieu of flowers, condolences can be offered by signing the guestbook here at Crackberry. RIP Blackberry Playbook. ~
    Just don't go through the cremation, in case there's a need for resurrection . Miracle do happen. My prayer is with you.
    eddy_berry and sad_old_man like this.
    06-02-13 12:32 AM
    Signed

Although I never knew PlayBook personally, he sounds like a wonderful companion and friend. He will be dearly missed.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-02-13 12:36 AM
    My twins are doing fine. I'm in no hurry to put them out to pasture. At this time, I'm not even looking at another option. Not sure I can handle a lighter non gesture tablet with lousy speakers.
    sad_old_man and FF22 like this.
    06-02-13 12:52 AM
    I'm sorry for your loss.
    PB's cousin in Victoria is doing well and wants to send his deepest condolences.
    eddy_berry and sad_old_man like this.
    06-02-13 01:43 AM
    My thoughts are with you on this very sad occasion. May he rest in peace!
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-02-13 02:58 AM
    Signed

My PB recently became an addict and is medicated for depression, so it doesn't really care much right now.
    sad_old_man and bozvandam like this.
    06-02-13 03:25 AM
    Signed ...
    I hope a cure is found soon.
    Just don't give up Faith and hope.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-02-13 03:34 AM
    Give it another 6 months and they'll be droppin' like flies.
    06-02-13 06:37 AM
    A sad day for all PlayBooks and a rough year so far. May they all rest peacefully. Signed eddy_berry & his PB. We are sorry for your loss. Peace.
    06-02-13 09:58 AM
    Still like my Playbook though it still angers me that I paid $499 for it.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 10:33 AM
    Me and my PB offer our sincere condolences. My pb can't bond well with z10 either. But we learned to play alone and still enjoy our time together.
    06-02-13 06:36 PM
    My PlayBook sends it's condolences. Sorry for your loss.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 06:43 PM
    Alas no Estate was left. PB had great prospects for entering into a brilliant business career but most businesses were looking for more well rounded performers. PB could bridge like no other Tablet available but that skill was only valued a niche group of individuals. PB died just before the release of the new wonder drug BB10. This new drug promised to extend PB's life by two years or more. PB will be missed but we know that it has joined many other failed devices like Betamax, Camcorders, the Edsel and the Polaroid camera just to name a few.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-02-13 07:02 PM
    Sure hope the PB signed it's 'organ' (parts) donation form, it can probably give new life to a few PB's with other maladies and weak operating conditions, via Ebay, etc. !
    FF22 likes this.
    06-02-13 08:16 PM
    Signed

Too upset for words!
    06-02-13 11:41 PM
    Signed... My Pb and I are deeply saddened by this news...you have our condolences. Stay Strong
    06-03-13 02:55 AM
    My playbook , After it was 19 days buried in a drawer it resucitated as soon as I put it on a desktop charger that puts 7 amps of charge and do not required any turning On and Off the charhger....
    06-06-13 05:19 PM