Hi all

I'm pretty new to Playbook ownership - my wife wanted a cheap tablet mainly to check farcebook, look at photos of our newborn etc and having dismissed all the cheap, far eastern Android tablets stumbled on the Playbook at the new ridiculously cheap prices so snapped one up for her. I liked it so much I went straight out and bought me one too.

Then the hunt for a case began (my wife's not bothered about these things but then hers never leaves the house but I like to keep mine nice and tidy). I was put onto Oberon Design by an Amazon forum recommending covers for Kindle's and promptly bought one for my Kindle 3G Keyboard.

They really are truly stunning cases - ultra high quality leather (a good 5mm thick), beautiful designs, all hand made etc so did they do one for the Playbook?

Unfortunately not but they do make one for the Kindle Fire HD and having checked the measurements they are pretty damned close to the PB so I ordered one in the hope that it fitted and it does, like a glove.

Downsides? - they're chuffing heavy (almost weighs as much as the PB) but the quality more than makes up, it covers up the rear camera and you can only use headphones with an L shaped plug with the case closed. Minor in my opinion but its worth noting as these may be important to some.

From order to through the postbox has taken around 3 weeks on both occasions. Once I was stung with import duty (factor in 16 onto the purchase price), the other time I wasn't.

So, anyone wanting a really high quality case for your PB check out the Kindle Fire HD designs at Oberon Design's website Leather iPad Cases, Nexus Covers, Kindle & Nook Cover, Artisan Journals

Cheers

Danny B
    Last edited by dannybgoode; 01-30-13 at 06:16 AM.
    G-bone likes this.
    01-30-13 04:48 AM
    Thought I'd bob up a couple of pics of my PB in its fine new home...

Oberon Design Cases for Playbook-finley-roy-2013-01-31_00001.jpg
    Oberon Design Cases for Playbook-finley-roy-2013-01-31_00002.jpg
    Oberon Design Cases for Playbook-finley-roy-2013-01-31_00003.jpg
    01-31-13 08:46 AM