Believe it or not, I've frankly never used BBM, since emails and texting were my (and my friends) favorite communication tools.
    But ... I've been requested yesterday by a e-friend (may I say that ? lol) and a notification poped my home PB (OS2 beta 7111) screen this morning.
    So I wasn't aware of what I'll see when taping this BBM notification.
    Three taps later, we were connected (ssshhhhh ... let him sleep, it's probably around 4:30 AM).
    This is probably something you'll think "ah, huhh, what about ?, big deal ..." but it was fresh to me. And despite my ... I think new users may find this useful.

BTW, now, I need to organize this, so I'll set a crackberry group ... and if you want to join ... just PM me !
    02-05-12 04:40 AM
    I, too, have never used bbm. I tried adding two real (and e) friends when I first got my 8830. Neither of them had bb data plans back then and that ended my efforts.

If I recall, the pb does not do group bbm's. Actually, it also does not do group emails, if I recall.
    02-05-12 10:26 AM
    I, too, have never used bbm. I tried adding two real (and e) friends when I first got my 8830. Neither of them had bb data plans back then and that ended my efforts.

If I recall, the pb does not do group bbm's. Actually, it also does not do group emails, if I recall.
    The bridge bbm on the playbook is barebones... No groups (but you CAN Do a multichat), and none of the features are there like file transfer, picture share, group lists, etc.

The notification is buggy (often people have notices they have a message waiting and there isn't one), and the chat scrolling is laggy and clunky (there is several seconds o pause between keyboard window and text fields to appear or disappear, for example).
    02-05-12 10:41 AM
    The bridge bbm on the playbook is barebones... No groups (but you CAN Do a multichat), and none of the features are there like file transfer, picture share, group lists, etc.

The notification is buggy (often people have notices they have a message waiting and there isn't one), and the chat scrolling is laggy and clunky (there is several seconds o pause between keyboard window and text fields to appear or disappear, for example).
    STILL buggy? .

Why can't they just link the PB PIN to my BB PIN for BBM only to make it like iOS's messages go everywhere!
    02-05-12 11:58 AM
    I find BBM on the playbook lacks features like being able to clear a chat and a few more,so to me it is nothing more than a reader for when a message comes in. I find i go to my BB to send messages ie groups etc. and to clear and delete. It is kinds useless, just my thoughts.
    02-05-12 12:04 PM
    There is an attachment option for pictures/files, at least on the os2 beta.
    02-05-12 12:56 PM
    Not having bbm groups incorporated into the bridge is absolutely disgusting, hope to see it in the future.
    matthewgreyling likes this.
    02-05-12 12:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD