I was at the south end of Lake Huron yesterday evening for the show by the Canadian Snowbirds aerobatic team off Canatara Park.

As a whim, I pulled out my PB and filmed the 30 minute event. 1.2 GB later, I have a VERY GOOD HD movie of most of the formation flying, except for the parts where the planes head inland to regroup. Tough to share over the wire, but very cool to show to friends and family.

It brings up all kinds of things:

- a Canadian IT offering with very strong points, like its excellent spur-of-the-moment movie-making capability
    - a team flying fairly old Canadian-built planes (Orenda engines in Canadair airframes) that were technological leaders at one time, built exactly to satisfy customer needs
    - teamwork, and the importance of all flying in the same direction at EXACTLY the same speed

O Canada, if only RIM can get its act together and fly right!!

Happy long weekend, folks!
    peter9477 likes this.
    06-30-11 09:42 AM
    If you could grab a few minutes of the best stuff from the middle of this, it's easy to upload to Youtube... sounds like it would make a great vid, and a nice bit promoting the PlayBook's awesome video.
    06-30-11 11:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD