Hello All just a quick nube introduction .

I live right By Kitchener Waterloo so I have been a BB user forever and have ried just about every phone. Just picked up my playbook and must say it was pretty much as expected. I was not impressed at all but do realize it was probably released too early due to competative pressures and this tablet has huge potential once the software development catches up to the hardware. I actually bought one for my wife too and she loves it as all she use it for is a reader coz our son sat on her Kindle

anywho ... I have been reading a lot and have a really good handle on most things .. cant get that scroll thing down from the newbie sticky but i figure it is technque and i will get it eventually i am sure .

One thing that i can't figure out and is really puzling me is emailing the pic thing. Totally frustraing until i figure out how .

When i got the PB i loaded 1000 pics on it in 20 folders or so right from my laptop. . Works great for making my pics very mobile now .

if i want to attach one of those pics to an email however ..

1.. if i use google email it will not attach pics at all and just keeps flashing back to the attachments screen . i click the little icon on the google page and it opens the attachment screen but never attaches anything.

2. if i use it bridged and want to attach a pic to a work email it doesnt show the folders at all just a mass of pics of a thousand .. and unless i know the name of the exact image to search i am doomed.

Related to this is the camera .. i take a nice pic to show to my friends .. there is no option to email it diectly from the camera screen ...

so i go to try and attach the pic to an email and you would think there would be a camera folder ...nope .. just those same one thousand pictures with my one photo i picked in there somewhere ....

so what on earth am i doing wrong ?

Thanks for the patience with a nube and if you want to just rediect me to where this has been answered .. oh about a million times i wont be offended ..

Last edited by Theiceman01; 12-08-11 at 10:44 AM.
    12-08-11 10:40 AM
    I haven't tried this, but when i use the gmail link im pretty sure it is a mobile version. Try opening up the full desktop version (there should be a link at the bottom to open it in "classic" or something) and then try attaching it. The lack of folders when searching for a file to use is a real pita and im not aware of how to change it yet. Apparently there is an app called "files and folders" that you can use, but again ive never tried it.

edit: sorry, just checked and the link isn't there. If you use "Desktop browser" though you can open the full site fine and do it, though still have the silly "Show every file that exists" problem
    Last edited by balth; 12-08-11 at 11:05 AM.
    12-08-11 10:56 AM
    Welcome to the forums. I also am a new member. Hope u can figure out your email issue. I will see if it works on mine. I know my hotmail can attach pictures for sure. I just sent a bunch last night.
    12-08-11 11:05 AM
    oh good suggestion about hotmail i will try that . yeah that show every file thing really makes th pb unuseable for sending camera pics in my mind, well for now until someone comes on and calls me a dumb *** and tells me to do it another way
    12-08-11 11:11 AM
    It is not an easy task. You have to go through all the pictures. Or with Files and Folders, you can choose the picture and email it. Far from ideal.
    Innovatology likes this.
    12-08-11 11:12 AM
    I use Files and folders ($2.99 in App World - corrected) to manage all my files. The app includes a feature to send files via email - works great with my gmail account and I also have easy access to my Google Docs folders. Does lot more too. Well worth the money.
    Last edited by BuzzStarField; 12-08-11 at 05:00 PM.
    Innovatology likes this.
    12-08-11 11:36 AM
    Unfortunately with Files & Folders, one can only send one picture at a time.
    12-08-11 11:46 AM
    Just verified at least i can send an attachment through hotmail so thank you very much for that tip. I did notice you have to use the hotmail link provide on the pb . At first I tried through the browser and i couldnt attach but at least i have that figured thanks.

Well i guess i have to shellout a whole 1.99 because of RIM'S poor coding

Well if I have to I have too lol

thanks for the tip
    12-08-11 12:22 PM
    Well, here it is €2.99, about $4......
    12-08-11 12:51 PM
    Well i just went back and reverified when i try to use GMAIL to attach a pic it does not attach and just goes right back to the attachment screen unles i pres discard . Can anyone confirm or do i need to reset my pB ?
    12-08-11 02:29 PM
    I won't deal with the gmail issue but you have found one of my pet peeves (I've got a few). The pb does not respect any of the folders when you want to attach something. Photos are the worst because I have a bunch of them whereas, docs less. Yup - lost in a maze of 780 or so pictures is the one I want to send. I have not gotten Files & Folders yet but I guess I should. I have two other managers but neither support email options. BUT only one at a time!!!! Hmmmm
    12-08-11 06:30 PM
    I have to admit, I thought the title said "nude introduction." That's why I'm here.
    12-08-11 06:37 PM
    Unfortunately with Files & Folders, one can only send one picture at a time.
    Are you sure? If you click on the checkmarks in the menu area at the top of the screen, you can then tag/select multiple files and copy, move. delete them, etc. So I'd have thought you could send them too.

Edit/update: I just verified jamesbond007 is correct. Once you click on the checkmark in the menu to select mutiple files, you lose the option to "send to". You can only use checkmarks to copy, cut/move or delete multiple files at that same time.
    Last edited by Reassure; 12-08-11 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Verified jamesbond007 is correct.
    12-08-11 07:59 PM
    I have to admit, I thought the title said "nude introduction." That's why I'm here.
    Pictures, please!!!!
    12-08-11 09:50 PM
    I won't deal with the gmail issue but you have found one of my pet peeves (I've got a few). The pb does not respect any of the folders when you want to attach something. Photos are the worst because I have a bunch of them whereas, docs less. Yup - lost in a maze of 780 or so pictures is the one I want to send. I have not gotten Files & Folders yet but I guess I should. I have two other managers but neither support email options. BUT only one at a time!!!! Hmmmm
    I agree, that is indeed annoying, and perhaps the only area where I have some expectations with OS 2.
    12-09-11 01:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD