I bought my 64gb PB on the day of release in 2011 for the full price, and I've loved it ever since. Both cameras stopped working a few months ago (which is a common issue around here), i thought nothing of it and ignored it. Today i finally decided to call customer support, they activated my complimentary 90-support and went through some different stuff over the phone, i had to send them a report log, and they went over it with a technician. Then the guy came back on the phone and said that i would have to send it in to be repaired, for free.

That's pretty impressive to me. This thing is almost 2 years old, and they're going to repair/replace it for free. I'll be getting my RMA stuff in a few days. The major downside is that I'll have to part with my PB for 2 weeks. I'll just take my wife's.
    David in Durham likes this.
    01-26-13 02:13 PM
    The major downside is that I'll have to part with my PB for 2 weeks. I'll just take my wife's.
    And thus started his life of celibacy
    01-26-13 02:26 PM
    And thus started his life of celibacy
    Started? He's already said he's married...
    jesse_h, indie_b, jimpilot and 2 others like this.
    01-26-13 02:31 PM
    That's pretty impressive to me. This thing is almost 2 years old, and they're going to repair/replace it for free. I'll be getting my RMA stuff in a few days. The major downside is that I'll have to part with my PB for 2 weeks. I'll just take my wife's.
    Let me just do a quick calculation.

Mmmmmmmm

2yrs x 365 days a year based on the two years being non leap years = 365 x 2
    90 days is less than 365 days so 90 days is a lot less than two years

Conclusion: don't register your playbook until it goes wrong or hope you get the same support person or someone else who cannot count.
    01-26-13 02:48 PM
    Let me just do a quick calculation.

Mmmmmmmm

2yrs x 365 days a year based on the two years being non leap years = 365 x 2
    90 days is less than 365 days so 90 days is a lot less than two years

Conclusion: don't register your playbook until it goes wrong or hope you get the same support person or someone else who cannot count.
    They seem to be quite forgiving with the dates for the warranty coverage. Mine was well outside the 1 year warranty last summer when the battery died. They replaced it within a week using the FedEx box process... They shipped me a box, I popped the PB in it, gave it to the driver as he waited. That was on a Tuesday, my replacement unit arrived on Friday. Used BB DS to restore from backup and all was good.
    jesse_h likes this.
    01-26-13 07:36 PM
    Are we confusing 'Customer Support with 'Warranty' here?.

Oh and by the way I am very impressed with RIM's handling of both these situations. Excellent customer support is the quickest way in business I know of for a 'Good' company to become a 'Great' company.
    David in Durham likes this.
    01-27-13 03:09 PM
    Mine is finally on its way back after being returned for a single "hot" pixel repair. But my daughter loaned me hers in the meantime
    01-27-13 04:45 PM