Soooo. Anyone have any insight on bumping the physical ram on a PB? Is it time to bust out soldering iron?

Posted via CB10
    herculesinwyoming likes this.
    06-28-13 07:49 PM
    Just use it as a stereo in your damn car its not dead yet.... they still have to fix all the other issues that they said they would fix in the conference call its just bb10 wont be comming to PlayBook But PlayBook os is still here
    06-28-13 08:01 PM
    Soooo. Anyone have any insight on bumping the physical ram on a PB? Is it time to bust out soldering iron?

Posted via CB10
    The RAM cannot be upgraded, it uses a SoC with 1GB already on the die. That is it.
    06-29-13 12:55 AM
    Just use it as a stereo in your damn car its not dead yet.... they still have to fix all the other issues that they said they would fix in the conference call its just bb10 wont be comming to PlayBook But PlayBook os is still here
    If u got their statement right.
    They mean they will support it so the end user cannot change their os/platform.
    About fix & bugs 1 in 3 months thing.
    06-29-13 01:03 AM
    Blackberry should release the hardware boot code for the playbook to the open source community. Maybe android developers would be able to come up with something decent and workable. NextStep released their code to the open source community in the late 90's and the window maker and After step desktops where decent desktop UI's in that time. Period.
    06-29-13 01:19 AM
    Blackberry is in financial trouble. Their limited resources are all going to go towards the stuff that might save their bacon, the BB10 devices. Blackberry simply cannot afford to support the Playbook which is why they have pretty much publicly cut it loose. If we see any more updates I will be surprised. Maybe we get one more if it was nearly done when the decision was made to axe the Playbook. As for those people suggesting Blackberry release the code for the Playbook, there is no chance of that happening. If Blackberry does finally fail the only thing they will have left of value is their intellectual property. You don't give away what you can sell, especially if you are broke.
    06-29-13 05:00 AM
    The RAM cannot be upgraded, it uses a SoC with 1GB already on the die. That is it.
    no no no, rom can be modded, provided you know how to bga smd! ;-)
    if you do know then you half won the game!
    thanks
    -paul
    06-29-13 05:05 AM
    Blackberry is in financial trouble. Their limited resources are all going to go towards the stuff that might save their bacon, the BB10 devices. Blackberry simply cannot afford to support the Playbook which is why they have pretty much publicly cut it loose. If we see any more updates I will be surprised. Maybe we get one more if it was nearly done when the decision was made to axe the Playbook. As for those people suggesting Blackberry release the code for the Playbook, there is no chance of that happening. If Blackberry does finally fail the only thing they will have left of value is their intellectual property. You don't give away what you can sell, especially if you are broke.
    code is already released in 2012 itself..... what are you talking...... its the signature which is stopping is and also the resistor.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...ogress-793657/
    follow this thread.
    thanks
    -paul
    06-29-13 05:06 AM
    Blackberry should release the hardware boot code for the playbook to the open source community. Maybe android developers would be able to come up with something decent and workable. NextStep released their code to the open source community in the late 90's and the window maker and After step desktops where decent desktop UI's in that time. Period.
    they released the code way back in 2012 itself. errrrrrrrrrrrr now i will have to start a thread i guess. with all the source and everything. its the signature and resistor pins we dont know. else its a piece of cake.
    thanks
    -paul
    Eskibo and El Bori like this.
    06-29-13 05:07 AM
    Well blackberry doesn't want anything to do with it, at the very least they'll let the intelligent techies in this community tinker with it and allow them to inject some life in to it.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 06:04 AM
    That is not a realistic answer. The cost of 3 mid level software engineers for a year would be $400k and they would get back a significant portion of that thru tax credits for doing R&D...the cost would be negligible. and since you are staring with 2.1 and bb10.2....it be done in a couple of months....
    Synerworks likes this.
    06-29-13 06:44 AM
    That is not a realistic answer. The cost of 3 mid level software engineers for a year would be $400k and they would get back a significant portion of that thru tax credits for doing R&D...the cost would be negligible. and since you are staring with 2.1 and bb10.2....it be done in a couple of months....
    call up blackberry and try to explain them. good luck!
    thanks
    -paul
    06-29-13 07:38 AM
    BBRY are incompetent, that's all. Whether the incompetence lies in middle management or in the engineers themselves, who knows, but they've made a mess of BB10.

Like what outstanding features does BB10 offer compared to the competition? Random reboots, only 30 days of email, broken IMAP folders, randomly deleting emails, poor battery life, a bloated Hub, poor UI... And you need BES10 to make the most of BB10 but pity the poor IT staffer who has to convince the boss why the company needs BES10 when they could just use Exchange.

And paul, why 147? Why not 159 or 166?
    chaosdivine and CairnsRock like this.
    06-29-13 07:44 AM
    BBRY are incompetent, that's all. Whether the incompetence lies in middle management or in the engineers themselves, who knows, but they've made a mess of BB10.

Like what outstanding features does BB10 offer compared to the competition? Random reboots, only 30 days of email, broken IMAP folders, randomly deleting emails, poor battery life, a bloated Hub, poor UI... And you need BES10 to make the most of BB10 but pity the poor IT staffer who has to convince the boss why the company needs BES10 when they could just use Exchange.

And paul, why 147? Why not 159 or 166?
    i dont know about RIM or their engineers, so i cant speak a word for them, and they must nod what the management tells them to do, else no food for the family. but management? 100% @ssholes.
    and blackberry 10? no idea i hated the concept when i saw a promo video. "gawddddddddd how much bloatwares will they pile on" -> i said to myself. and dumped it fully and said to myself, my or the highway, and my way is the highway always. where rule number 1. there are NO RULES. "ruck fules!" ;-)
    oh 147 is a sarcastic code for "I Love *******" which is something like 143 which is "I Love You"!
    hehehehe! sorry for being rude. ;-)
    thanks
    -paul
    06-29-13 08:29 AM
    Blackberry can't afford to p!ss off its most loyal base of customers either. On this news most of us are fed up. No more trust. Porting blackberry 10 to playbook couldn't cost that much.. there's a ton of Playbooks running 10.0 just fine!

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 10:10 AM
    no no no, rom can be modded, provided you know how to bga smd! ;-)
    if you do know then you half won the game!
    thanks
    -paul
    You asked about the RAM. The RAM is a 8Gb BGA Pop (Package on Package) module. If you try to remove the RAM you will likely destroy the RAM, SoC (OMAP4) and probably the PCB.

You should just accepting the hardware for what it is, or buy an iPad/android tablet.
    Synerworks likes this.
    06-29-13 10:56 AM
    You asked about the RAM. The RAM is a 8Gb BGA Pop (Package on Package) module. If you try to remove the RAM you will likely destroy the RAM, SoC (OMAP4) and probably the PCB.

You should just accepting the hardware for what it is, or buy an iPad/android tablet.
    i am not going to remove the ram. the base or bottom has got the jtag pads. omap4430 TRM has the detailed lay out and also the debug file. have you looked at that. and yes having said you can even upgrade the RAM provided you got a professional BGA rig which i dont have. so my options are to find the pads on the board.
    and synerworks have explained me in detail everything and how i need to proceed. thanks!
    thanks
    -paul
    06-29-13 02:30 PM
    It's nit dead. BB10 is coming, as Thornstens said on CNBC.

RIM CEO Speaks Out on BlackBerry 10, Tablet Market - CNBC

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 03:04 PM
    Blackberry is in financial trouble.
    Financial trouble?? They don't have any. Please read up before posting.

Their marketing isn't up to par and the need for global release dates for BB10 updates.
    06-29-13 03:43 PM
    Yeah just looked up the specs. Oh well, I'm sure some industrious person will break the seal and find a way to get even a stripped down version BB10 or minimal function s with a better browser to run on a PB. There's always that one person who sticks up two middle fingers back when someone says it's impossible.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 04:09 PM
    Yeah let's put a rocket on to it and send all pb's into space maybe aliens can use it to learn about liers on earth, I am sure they will a lot from BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 07:14 PM
    Yeah just looked up the specs. Oh well, I'm sure some industrious person will break the seal and find a way to get even a stripped down version BB10 or minimal function s with a better browser to run on a PB. There's always that one person who sticks up two middle fingers back when someone says it's impossible.

Posted via CB10
    Already done a long time ago.. just youtube search playbook bb10. Thats why everyone is so angry, we all know it can and does work....

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 07:29 PM
    Already done a long time ago.. just youtube search playbook bb10. Thats why everyone is so angry, we all know it can and does work....

Posted via CB10
    Oh I have faith that it can be done and I'm not Daft, I know it would work. It's all about the want and effort. BBRY gave up, the community hasn't.

Posted via CB10
    chaosdivine likes this.
    06-29-13 07:44 PM
    You DO realize that when I posted that, it referenced the release of BlackBerry 10 when the Z10 launched in March 2013 right (that was a launch day video of an interview Thorsten did with the networks to generate hype)? My point of posting it was to show you how he flat out lied...that's not a NEW video. It's old so don't get sucked in like we all did back in March.

It's nit dead. BB10 is coming, as Thornstens said on CNBC.

RIM CEO Speaks Out on BlackBerry 10, Tablet Market - CNBC

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 08:00 PM
    Lied. Didn't lie. Who cares, it's a piece of Tech not your kidney.

"Sometimes life hits you in the head with a brick. Don't lose faith." - Steve Jobs

He's a **** too, and lied. But he was correct in his quote.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 11:21 PM
30 12