Blackberry fanatic i am, yes. That doesnt mean I dont try other devices and give them a chance. I wont drone on, just rather, wanted to give my input on how much I thouroughly enjoy my playbook! I was given the luxury of using a Galaxy and an iPad 2, pretty cool experiences. I was more partial to the Galaxy as I did not like the way I "had" to use my ipad. And then I finally received this playbook that I'm yapping on now for xmas by the wife. For me, I'm in absolute bliss!! Everything I need my tablet to do is just fantastic. No itunes to deal with and being forced to sync, no buggy OS, just blam! out of the box and good ole drag and drop what i need from my pc's.

Just wanted to toss out some positive vibes guys. yes I have had a factory defective bb in my time but hey, its technology, it isn't bulletproof. Accept that and choose this badboy playbook and I can't see why you would regret it. Love Love it!!

peace out.
    Last edited by Zipper; 01-14-12 at 03:26 PM.
    hpjrt, JWWDUKE, Just Me and 5 others like this.
    01-14-12 03:24 PM
    Thank you for your post! It's a breath of fresh air to say the least.

I too have enjoyed my PBs and it works like a charm. Of course I don't try to hack it or deleve into beta stuff, as I am not a developer nor a techie. I use it as is, of course with added apps for my usages.

Also dig your signature... a lot of truth in it.

Thanks!
    anindoc and Zipper like this.
    01-14-12 03:29 PM
    Lovin the sweet vibes zipper, love my book as well. it's not perfect but I enjoy it immensely.
    01-14-12 03:46 PM
    Oh yes, spare me the grief of iTunes, I detest it with a passion!

I've had my PB for a week and it feels like an old friend now. Trouble is, I need to buy a new telly with an HDMI port now!
    Northernlady likes this.
    01-14-12 04:10 PM
    Thanks for the post Zipper ... it's highly appreciated. Nice to see a nice, positive commentary!
    01-14-12 04:14 PM
    Loving my playbook. Chuckling at steve jobs for saying its DOA ...

The whole OS 2.0 suspense is the icing on the cake , I love the wild speculation and rampant excitement ! It has the air of a coming Christmas present sitting under the tree for months ... we can see its wrappings , shake it , even peel a little paper off it. But we can't open it until February (my birthday month to boot).

I am also very thankful for this crackberry community. What a PB-complimentary find this site was ! I'm having amazing fun reading even just the current threads , let alone delving deeper into past ones ...

We should have a large party here on the day/night of the much anticipated 2.0 update.

These are exciting times for Playbook owners !
    01-14-12 04:26 PM
    I love my PB and it's stuck to my hip! Wouldn't it be great to get an awesome upgrade for Valentine's Day??? The Love would overflow the cup then!
    peter9477 and BuzzStarField like this.
    01-14-12 04:32 PM
    Oh yes, spare me the grief of iTunes, I detest it with a passion!

I've had my PB for a week and it feels like an old friend now. Trouble is, I need to buy a new telly with an HDMI port now!
    check this out: http://www.amazon.com/HDMI-Composite...bUvbUpU7031603
    01-14-12 04:56 PM
    Yes, I figured it was high time for some positive flow here and enough whining. The playbook has done done but exceed my expectations as a business and personal user. And truthfully? the few work buddies of mine have expressed their envy using their .....ahem unnamed tablets I feel spoiled everytime I pick up my playbook to do whatever it is I need to do. So damn cool. And btw, I'm just loving the bridge feature.

peace.
    01-14-12 06:12 PM
    and for those who can't get no satisfaction:

CanadianThomas, jafobabe and hpjrt like this.
    01-14-12 06:16 PM
    ^^^^^^^^^ Priceless!
    hpjrt likes this.
    01-14-12 06:18 PM
    As happy as I am with my Playbook, right now, as it is ... I find myself looking forward to the update ... just to see what new things I'll get to play with!
    01-14-12 08:43 PM
    As happy as I am with my Playbook, right now, as it is ... I find myself looking forward to the update ... just to see what new things I'll get to play with!
    I know how you feel. I've been plenty happy with my playbook since I first got it last spring. I have to admit, though, that I am really beginning to get psyched about os2. It'll be like getting sprinkles on my ice cream cone.
    hpjrt likes this.
    01-14-12 09:21 PM
    7 month love affair with my pb now! Can't wait for Feb to come. It's my birthday month too! I think though, that it'll come after my special day - which is on the 8th...
    01-14-12 09:36 PM
    Ageed, 2.0 is definitely something so amazing and the fact that RIM is attaching so many fantastic apps at no cost is truly nothing short of great! Some of them that have been shown off, I'd happily pay for but they have made it a part of the OS.

Just such a job well done man. Now back to playing with media on this thing

peace out
    werebear3 likes this.
    01-14-12 09:56 PM
    Don't get sucked into looking for perfection, there's flaws in everything.

I got this for Christmas and it's the portable computer I've wanted for years.

I agree this update is the sprinkles on a geat present!
    01-14-12 10:06 PM
    We are out for dinner. My wife and I are playing Backgammon on my PB, the kids are playing Checkers on my wife's PB. Good times...
    01-14-12 10:11 PM
    We are out for dinner. My wife and I are playing Backgammon on my PB, the kids are playing Checkers on my wife's PB. Good times...
    That is too cool. I downloaded a couple baby apps for my 8month old little girl and she loves interacting with my playbook, pretty amazing to see her do it, and then of course be able to multitask, post this and get right back to her baby stuff!! saawweeet.
    01-14-12 10:17 PM
    Gotta agree too Zipper, loving everything about my playbook. I think it was a genius move to slash the price so enough of the masses could afford to experience first hand the beauty and power of this solid device. The strategy seems to be working. Its been a long time since I have seen anything positive written on the tech sites until recently. Keep up the good work Rim, we're all behind you all the way!
    01-14-12 10:52 PM
    Well I definitely agree there, it has been a while and that's why I was compelled to write how happy I am with it. We can truly pick apart anything but when its great from the start, well .....great!!
    01-15-12 01:34 PM
    That is too cool. I downloaded a couple baby apps for my 8month old little girl and she loves interacting with my playbook, pretty amazing to see her do it, and then of course be able to multitask, post this and get right back to her baby stuff!! saawweeet.
    What!? You ripped the PlayBook out of your 8 month old's hands just to post that to CrackBerry? I bet you even used the video camera to record her quivering lower lip and sad eyes as she stared up at you in disbelief. You are one cruel dad, dude. :-)
    01-15-12 02:16 PM
    Up until a few months ago i was still using my text only phone. The girlfriend had a bb and suggested i do the same. Got a bold and loved it. Then the playbook price frenzy hit and i figured I would try it and this thing has replaced my laptop. Sold it today actually lol My desktop does the grunt work and this beauty rocks everything else. February will be exciting but as is I love this thing. Wicked piece of gear.
    hpjrt likes this.
    01-15-12 02:17 PM
    Feel the same as many of the posts, and I don't know if this has been said before, I want to also personally thank all the early adopters, your purchase, patience and commitment, has allowed a ton of us more recent enthusiasts to be able to discover and enjoy a truly great product, looking forward to 2.0
    peter9477, danimalchil and hpjrt like this.
    01-15-12 02:21 PM
    I haven't put mine down since the day i bought it full price back in May. Can't wait for 2.0.
    blue-b likes this.
    01-15-12 03:32 PM
    Well, here is a positive note; if blame for the Playbook's lack luster sales is rightfully placed on poor reviews, then all the positive reviews from engadget, pc world, etc should spurn a spike in sales. Hope so anyway.
    01-15-12 03:45 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD