Ever since the update to 2.0 the desktop software on my pc, which runs Windows XP, doesn't recognize my PB anymore. I installed the 7.1 Beta version and still same problem. However, it works perfect with my Torch which I'm able to backup and sync with no problem. So I installed the software on my laptop which runs on Windows Vista and sure enough it's the same thing: no go with the PB but works perfect with the Torch. So frustrating!! Because I would like to sync those videos that I've taken with the PB.
    06-06-12 01:52 PM
    Have you ever gone to the BB Appstore website and was prompted to install the drivers that site wants in order to view your account and apps? If so, uninstall them and go to the Device manager of your PC ...with your PB connected...and uninstall your PB. Then reboot your PC and connect your PB and let Windows install its drivers.
    06-06-12 01:59 PM
    Have you consulted the user guide for DM? https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...247A852FAD3647 & http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartp...sktop+Software

p10 has comment to do following. On your computer, turn off synchronization applications or antivirus applications temporarily.
    Last edited by rcm1301; 06-06-12 at 02:13 PM.
    06-06-12 02:09 PM
    Ever since the update to 2.0 the desktop software on my pc, which runs Windows XP, doesn't recognize my PB anymore. I installed the 7.1 Beta version and still same problem. However, it works perfect with my Torch which I'm able to backup and sync with no problem. So I installed the software on my laptop which runs on Windows Vista and sure enough it's the same thing: no go with the PB but works perfect with the Torch. So frustrating!! Because I would like to sync those videos that I've taken with the PB.
    Ok Black Aces, I have an idea. Call 1-877-644-8405 and ask them to walk you thru this. The previous 2 comments are ok but not really specific enough or extensive enough for the situation you're in. The Support line can help. Pretty sure it's free if you're inside the first 90 days. If it's over 90 days since you bought your PB, they might still offer some good guidance but I would start by calling them.

They might advise you to do a security wipe and if they do, be aware that would wipe out all your data including the videos you are trying to backup. If that is the only solution, then you should upload the videos to the cloud (using box or bluebox or youtube) before the security wipe, then afterwards you can download them back onto your PB. FYI: DS7 is working fine with both my phone and my PB. So, it does work... just sounds like something has gone wrong on your unit.

Good luck... let us know how you make out.
    06-06-12 03:11 PM
    At home DM won't even start up and at work it won't backup or update. I can copy files on both however so I just do my own sort of backups...
    06-06-12 03:16 PM
    Have you consulted the user guide for DM? https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...247A852FAD3647 & http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartp...sktop+Software

p10 has comment to do following. On your computer, turn off synchronization applications or antivirus applications temporarily.
    That's about the only thing I haven't tried, so it's next in this adventure.
    06-06-12 03:26 PM
    H. Pulley, if it were me, I'd use the windows control panel to uninstall the BlackBerry Desktop Software. Then download the latest version here:

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop Software - BlackBerry Software at BlackBerry.com

Re-install it from the new downloaded file. If your computer needs any windows updates, make sure those are installed as well.

There's really no reason it shouldn't work after you go thru these steps. And once you have it properly set up, it is really nice to use. Quite intuitive in my opinion... but one thing about DS is that it can be a pensive while it is thinking about responding to user clicks. So click on something and wait a little to see how it will respond. I have. 4 year w7 laptop with an almost full harddrive so DS is a little sluggish on my machine, but does a fine job sync'ing & backing up both my phone & my PB.
    06-06-12 03:27 PM
    Thanks for the replies guys. I've had my PB since May last year and up till now everything worked perfect with the DS.
    06-06-12 03:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD